Page 1 of 2 12
    07-17-2009, 03:08 AM #1

Question Mirge radio and boombox ?

i have the sportster 5 and i was thinking about getting the mirge. I 90% use my radio in the house and i use the boom box http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...1&oldParentID= this boombox and i was wondering if the mirge is compatible with my boombox if its not im not going to get it..... and if anyone has the mirge let me know how it is thanks

07-17-2009, 10:24 AM #2
    If you click on your link and then click on COMPATIBILITY it shows you what units are compatible with it. And the MIRAGE is not listed. Not sure if it is because COMPATIBILITY has not been updated or not since the MIRAGE came out. I would call TSS radio. They are all knowing when it comes to satellite radio questions.

Head Honcho
    07-17-2009, 10:35 AM #3
    I am 99% sure there was supposed to be a mirge specific boombox because it is not compatible with the existing boomboxs but I don't think that boombox was ever released. I also don't think TSS sells the mirge or any of its accessories... in reality the whole piece of hardware was a big joke to satisfy regulations... we all knew that was the case but, I never thought they would treat the actual hardware like some bastardized piece of vaporware.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    07-17-2009, 10:52 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I am 99% sure there was supposed to be a mirge specific boombox because it is not compatible with the existing boomboxs but I don't think that boombox was ever released. I also don't think TSS sells the mirge or any of its accessories... in reality the whole piece of hardware was a big joke to satisfy regulations... we all knew that was the case but, I never thought they would treat the actual hardware like some bastardized piece of vaporware.

Didn't MATT or TAYLOR of TSS-Radio say they was going to buy a few of them, just to see how well they worked, this was a few months ago, but, he never posted anything back on this yet, I don't think he'd be able to sell any of them at TSS due to SXM is the only place you can purchase the Mirge....looking on both SXM's web sites, the accessories are far and few, all they sell is the basic stuff, just to get it working in your car or your home, but, that's about it tho
    Last edited by denb45; 07-17-2009 at 10:59 AM.

Enthusiast
    07-17-2009, 11:27 AM #5
    We were able to get a hold of one and play with it recently. We found that one of the products we do sell is compatible for it. You can use the XM compact sound system with the XPress sleeve and it will work. here is a link to the product. http://www.tss-radio.com/compact-sou...em-p-6313.html

Enthusiast
    07-17-2009, 12:16 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by my name is matt View Post
    We were able to get a hold of one and play with it recently. We found that one of the products we do sell is compatible for it. You can use the XM compact sound system with the XPress sleeve and it will work. here is a link to the product. http://www.tss-radio.com/compact-sou...em-p-6313.html
    MATT how well is the reception on both services, I like the look of the color-screen on Sirius, as most of their radio don't have this, I'm thinking of getting a Mirge, as I like the fact of getting both......right now I'm using 2 radios to get both

07-17-2009, 02:21 PM #7

The Mirage

I have the Mirage and its excellent it beats paying for the best of xm and sirius when u have both services; as far as a boombox if u want to take it to the beach or move around outside i suggest the audiovox portable system the My Radio Store sells it for $109.00 and has 18 hrs of c battery service! Go www.myradiostore.com and click on xm boomboxes and you'll do the rest. Good luck in your purchase

07-17-2009, 05:54 PM #8
    Like I said, the all knowing TSS-radio will advise you!

Enthusiast
    07-18-2009, 01:27 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by my name is matt View Post
    MATT or TAYLOR of TSS-Radio, I just purchased a Mirge Radio and canceled my Sportster 5 radio, as I don't need it anymore, I was not able to buy a Mirge Home kit, as they were no longer available, but, I heard somewhere , I can't recall where, that the Mirge radio will fit in the XpressRC's Home kit , can you verify this? and post a link, so that I may purchased this form TSS-Radio
    Thanks for your Time..........

Enthusiast
    07-20-2009, 11:38 AM #10
    I am confident that the Universal express home kit will work for this unit. Here is a link to the product: http://www.tss-radio.com/universal-x...it-p-6273.html

Page 1 of 2 12