Page 19 of 26 ... 91718192021 ...
    Guru
    06-27-2009, 01:47 PM #181
    oh come the **** on john, when we are steady in the .30's and not because some bullshit russell rebalancing then u can come talk, also its very easy to critisize what other people say, so plz im not perfect i just dont think it will go into the .30's again, does that mean anything? NO its just my opinion. there is no reason to go back into the .30's, sirius has proven they are not going anywhere, the fundamentals have gotten way ebtter. the only reason we would go into the .30's is mm games or traders playing games, we dont belong there, and any1 with a brain would see that is a buying op. so fu john, im the most vocal so i always get the most shit.

Guru
    06-27-2009, 01:52 PM #182
    so your saying when are we going to learn to stop calling pps? that is stupid, thats what people do when they buy a stock, they are making a choice based on what they think its future direction will be, so excuse me if i come on here and say it out loud, u **** face.
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 06-27-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    06-27-2009, 02:22 PM #183
    Tripp, just try to ignore it all. Realize that you are the most vocal person here like you said, therefore you will take the most heat.

http://www.ilslaunch.com/sirius-fm-5-mission-control

Whoever posted this in the first place, thank you! It's cool that their will be a live feed of the launch! I am surprised that this is not on the sirius website. Maybe it is and I just didn't look...

The launch is now on July 1st Baikonur local time.

Guru
    06-27-2009, 02:59 PM #184
    here is a nice article from 2008 about the russell bs

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/01/bu...stra.html?_r=2

Mentor
    06-27-2009, 04:00 PM #185
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    here is a nice article from 2008 about the russell bs

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/01/bu...stra.html?_r=2
    I saw it coming 5 minutes out. A 20 million share sell imbalance was reported. Bam. That means those trades are going to clear in open market trading. Only one problem, I did all I could, happened so fast, the trading on etrade was freezing my trading platform, making it hard to get shit in. I sold a lot at .44,and rebought one at .41. I felt like it was a miracle, that I even got them off, I had to put it in one penny under, to have time to fill the trade. Sad for all the stop loss victims, as I didnt think even with the 20 million it was going to break .40. Whoever was bright enought to keep an automatic buy in under .40 is looking pretty smart right now(not me). ANyone who had a sell, you have a legitamite complaint. Because that share dump was non russell related. Russel rebalance was for 64 million shares, trading MM to MM(same MM by the way, I verified that, for a prearranged price of .36 cents). So for them to dump all those shares into the open market 5 minutes to go was bs. The 20 million WAS NOT part of the Russel shares. Legal im sure, but it still had nothing to do with the rebalance. Shorts took an opportunity to clear out, trigger every stop in the book, and move on. On grand finale, the old 1 2 3. There is 50 pages of 100 share trades executed in 2 minutes to clear the path to the close. MM to MM trade was outside of normal trading, and should not have affected normal market. As you see by the volume, something more than a simple rebalance happened. 64 million shares was cleared on the closing cross price of .36 cents(calculated by various measurements).
    If it happened to other stocks, than that is sad. The second highest was SANM, which had 19 million shares dumped, and it moved from .43(average of the day), to a close of .40. Percentage wise, that stock was hit with more shares vs. how many were traded that day.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 06-27-2009 at 04:02 PM.

Guru
    06-27-2009, 04:11 PM #186
    yeah relmor ive heard that too, sure seems like the shorts took advantage of this to cover, but this is good news in the long run aint it? like tearing off a bandaid.

06-27-2009, 04:17 PM #187
    My ONLY question is, are the lent shares for shorting back with SIRI? If it is, then we will move up quickly.

Enthusiast
    06-27-2009, 04:21 PM #188
    Rel, damn you work hard at trading. I keep buying on the dips and maybe... just maybe, I'll get it to the point where when it/if it hits 1.20, I'll have a double. I'm close. I sincerely hope you have a what amounts to a triple.

As far as yesterdays shenanigans go and those who got their stop losses triggered... Well, lesson learned hopefully. I played with one and got burnt a long time back. They specifically came after mine (as well as all the others along the way). The low of that day was my stop loss. Wish I would have stayed out, saved my money, and put it all in when it was at .07.

There has been lots written about it, but most seem to think the shorts cleared out. Russell shares have been reallocated, etc.... all seems to sound relatively positive. We sit at .42 now as well. Don't you think that all this might clear the way for some upgrades and a continued rise in SP without the "manipulation" we have seen? I saw someone on the other site complaining about "losing" 100k on paper. How is that? Because he missed out on a trade in the last 2 minutes? We'll see, but in the long run we may be finally starting to see some daylight.

Either way, I'm hoping for a drop in the .30s on Monday so I can pick up some more

Guru
    06-27-2009, 04:27 PM #189
    jesus its like people would rather keep buying in the .30's than see it go up lol

Enthusiast
    06-27-2009, 04:30 PM #190
    just a little bit longer

Page 19 of 26 ... 91718192021 ...