Page 13 of 26 ... 3111213141523 ...
    Addict
    06-26-2009, 05:19 PM #121
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    if there were stop losses triggered, in the same fashion limit buys could have also been triggered.. anyone here slick enough to have a low buy order? brag posts anyone?
    I have one - posted earlier:

I had sold my shares at .45 about mid-day, then was having a condition all day watching it trade between .46 - .47 thinking it may just close strong with me left behind. When at about .47, I had a buy in at .45 again, then kept backing it off to the point where I pulled the bid at .42, then changed to .41, then right before that big drop I tried to cxl my .41, but it executed.

I saw the trades go off at .36 and then split second later at .45 & wasn't sure I really bought & at what price, but it turns out to be .4005 off a .41 limit order.

But I got lucky, anyone that had a limit sell at .37 just got screwed bad, especially with it back at .44.

Head Honcho
    06-26-2009, 05:20 PM #122
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    f all this bs, did anyone notice Rosie is #3 on the yahoo search board right now?? could that have caused this, did she get paid in shares?
    Not that I know of... and she STILL hasnt announced her move on her own blog http://www.rosie.com/blog/default.aspx YET she has posted about some damn bird she found. What the hell Rosie?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-26-2009, 05:24 PM #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    They are supposed to do the matching smoothly. The short squeeze occured over the last few days, not in the last minute of trading today. The blip today was manipulation.
    And with a gap now at .36, there may be some more goofy shit happening Monday morning at any time. If there's gonna be a move up for good, the gap at .36 will be filled, sooner or later most likely. And if it doesn't move up for good any time soon then, .36 here we come again anyway. lol

Addict
    06-26-2009, 05:24 PM #124
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Yes, I do. The plausible reason for this drop was the Russell rebalance as others said. Huge amount of shares dumped. Someone else posted that people put sale in with ask of .42, and then MM's match it with .28. That is BS. If you put in order at .42 with 'all or none', or no limits, then it will sit if there's no bid at .42. But, when these huge dumps happen, how do you know they didn't put in sell at .42, with lower limt down to say .32, knowing that when the huge order to sell goes in, buyers will be scarce at the higher price. So, they are willing to average the sale to unload the high vol of shares, take whatever they can on the way down to their lower limit.
    Sorry...I don't buy this manipulation argument for every thing that happens to this stock. I'm not saying there isn't any. I'm not smart enough in this stuff to say that. But, I'm sure not buying that every time we take a hit, it's because some conspiracy is behind it.
    Look, the MM's can see the stops.... the stock had a run in the last few days... many trailing stops and regular stops were placed... do the math...

On the other hand, they needed to rebalance their books....

How much weight does SIRI have on the Russell ? Who came up with that ? I doubt they were trying to rebalance the Russell... show me other stocks in that index with the same blip.

Addict
    06-26-2009, 05:26 PM #125
    Quote Originally Posted by bullsirius View Post
    http://www.fool.com/investing/small-...else-does.aspx

got this yesterday and didnt read it.

feel like and idiot after the last minute trades now.

at least i know what a "swing trade" looks like now!!!!
    as much as many on this board hate motley fool, this particular article was spot on to what just happened. As a matter of fact, of all the hundreds of pieces I've read about this stock, this one article accurately predicted the outcome we saw today as a result of the Russell rebalance.

Guru
    06-26-2009, 05:29 PM #126
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Not that I know of... and she STILL hasnt announced her move on her own blog http://www.rosie.com/blog/default.aspx YET she has posted about some damn bird she found. What the hell Rosie?
    i know i was just there looking at the damn bird post...wtf rosie

jk about rosie being the stock move, but it was interesting to see she is hitting the search lists..

Guru
    06-26-2009, 05:30 PM #127
    yeah underway is correct, this was just the russel indexes rebalancing, will be business as usual next week hopefully.

Guru
    06-26-2009, 05:32 PM #128
    Look, the MM's can see the stops.... the stock had a run in the last few days... many trailing stops and regular stops were placed... do the math...

How much weight does SIRI have on the Russell ? Who came up with that ? I doubt they were trying to rebalance the Russell... show me other stocks in that index with the same blip.
    BBI did, dropped fast and now back up

Guru
    06-26-2009, 05:33 PM #129
    bbi got hit alot worse than we did actually. if we hold .40's after this very positive

Addict
    06-26-2009, 05:34 PM #130

Good question....I don't know.....but that would be a good one to chase down. I suppose if all of the stocks on Russell dump list didn't take a major hit, and just SIRI did, then perhaps there's something else here. But, there is also an unknown.....how many shares are held in each of those dumped stocks by those wedded to the Russell Index? And, how widely held is each? All rhetorical questions.....I have no clue!

Page 13 of 26 ... 3111213141523 ...