Page 15 of 26 ... 5131415161725 ...
    Addict
    06-26-2009, 06:08 PM #141
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Side note: sirius xm iphone app dropped to #4 or the #4 app went to #3, depending on how you look at it.

Don't worry, when Howard is released onto it, it will be # 1, with triple the downloads we saw the first weekend.

That's when this stock really gains traction.

Not to mention the OEM 2nd half demand turnaround & cash flow story Mel is cooking up !

But let me buy some more shares Monday at .42 or .41 first.

Enthusiast
    06-26-2009, 06:28 PM #142
    Sirius XM still #1 Music Application

Who gives a shit if Rosie mentions it on her web site right now. Look for her to start promoting it at the appropriate time.

Had thrown all my dry power earlier in week at below .35. Was aware of the Russell thing as it has been talked about to death, but as with just about everyone else, was surprised. oh well. Wouldnt' bother me if it dropped down in the .30s on Monday as I'll have some more to throw at it.

and agree with what you just wrote sxminvestor

Guru
    06-26-2009, 07:04 PM #143
    looks like i put off retiring to another day

speaking of rosie, what is the date of her show starting? how might that coincide with the holidays, 3rd quarter, etc.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    06-26-2009, 07:14 PM #144

I don't think they have a specific date yet...

Rosie Radio will launch this fall and air Monday through Friday from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm ET/7:00 - 9:00 am PT exclusively on SIRIUS XM Stars, SIRIUS channel 102 and XM channel 155. Rosie Radio will be a daily, two-hour talk show on which the multi-talented entertainer will blend her many passions and interests - an eclectic mix of humor, pop culture and serious conversation.

"Rosie O'Donnell is a powerful, dynamic and entertaining voice and now you can only get her on SIRIUS XM," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SIRIUS XM Radio. "Rosie's millions of fans will hear her as they never have before, and have the chance to call in and talk to her and her intriguing guests. Rosie Radio will entertain, inform, surprise and delight."'

"This is an exciting new adventure - two hours of talk show entertainment, without having to wear makeup. Perfection," said Rosie O'Donnell. "I can't wait to jumpstart each day with millions of SIRIUS XM listeners across the country."

Rosie's extraordinary life, interests, and experiences will drive content for the show. On Rosie Radio she will tackle a variety of topics with honesty and humor. The show will have an ensemble feel, and a wide range of guests will stop by to hang out including celebrities, everyday Americans, and other people of note that Rosie wants to have join the conversation.

Rosie Radio joins a compelling and expanding lineup of women's programming and hosts on SIRIUS XM that includes Oprah Radio, Martha Stewart Living Radio, and Barbara Walters.

Addict
    06-26-2009, 07:29 PM #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    people of note that Rosie wants to have join the conversation.

Rosie Radio joins a compelling and expanding lineup of women's programming and hosts on SIRIUS XM that includes Oprah Radio, Martha Stewart Living Radio, and Barbara Walters.
    I'd like to see Howard Stern get Rosie and Donald Trump in the studio together and let them go at it !

Now that would make for some ratings.

Mentor
    06-26-2009, 07:32 PM #146
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    as much as many on this board hate motley fool, this particular article was spot on to what just happened. As a matter of fact, of all the hundreds of pieces I've read about this stock, this one article accurately predicted the outcome we saw today as a result of the Russell rebalance.
    No one got hurt today except for people who had stop losses in this penny stock,the rest is all good for us longs,a non event like it never happened...

but for going further it was great...JMHO

Guru
    06-26-2009, 07:45 PM #147
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post

But the 140 million shares that moved in the last 2 minutes of trading today? That absolutely had to be a planned move by someone, market-maker or not. I personally believe it is a major, major short being removed off our backs. IMHO.
    It was Howard Stern. He's trying to show Mel "don't "F" with me". I've heard through the rumor mill that he is looking for a new deal at $150 MM / year with Thursdays AND Fridays off and 12 weeks of vacation. Since he needs rest for such an awesome show, he is also demanding a time slot of 7 AM to 9:30 AM which leads me to believe he is afraid of going toe to toe with Rosie.

Head Honcho
    06-26-2009, 08:04 PM #148
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    Who gives a shit if Rosie mentions it on her web site right now. Look for her to start promoting it at the appropriate time.
    I don't, because I don't think it will make a damn bit of difference but I certainly do NOT think that the bird she found is more important then her potentially life changing new job at Sirius XM.

Lets play hypothetical, otone, Sirius XM just gave you a new daily radio show and the next day you found lost bird, what do you post first on your personal blog? Its yours man, you can write about whatever you want, and.... go.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    06-26-2009, 08:11 PM #149
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I don't, because I don't think it will make a damn bit of difference but I certainly do NOT think that the bird she found is more important then her potentially life changing new job at Sirius XM.

Lets play hypothetical, otone, Sirius XM just gave you a new daily radio show and the next day you found lost bird, what do you post first on your personal blog? Its yours man, you can write about whatever you want, and.... go.
    easy. Depends on what kind of agreement I (Rosie in this case) have/has with Sirius XM. SIRIXM are friggin hush hush on everything! I'm just thinking they don't want to start generating ANY kind of buzz until the appropriate time. If that is the case, that is the rule I would abide by, so I guess I'd be yacking about my dumbass bird.

over to you.

Head Honcho
    06-26-2009, 08:18 PM #150
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    easy. Depends on what kind of agreement I (Rosie in this case) have/has with Sirius XM. SIRIXM are friggin hush hush on everything! I'm just thinking they don't want to start generating ANY kind of buzz until the appropriate time. If that is the case, that is the rule I would abide by, so I guess I'd be yacking about my dumbass bird.

over to you.
    You didnt answer my question directly, there was no stipulation on my hypothetical.

By not answering my question you are making a point that I am dancing around which is, why hasn't she said anything publicly. I don't know the answer, I just think its a good question to ask if you are a fan of Sirius XM.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 15 of 26 ... 5131415161725 ...