Page 3 of 17 1234513 ...
    06-25-2009, 09:10 AM #21
    Howards rant was more to the effect that getting Rosie was his idea and that he wanted to do the roll out in a big way and he wanted to help craft the show. I've been a listener of his for 20 or more years since the day he came to NBC, yes he was pissed and yes I do think this is the beginning of the end.
    By the way his points were well taken, He also was the reason Barbara Walters was signed by Sirius to re broadcast her interviews since he owned them.

further Howard slipped in during the Joan Rivers interview that he has lost millions in the stock market. far as I know Howard hasn't sold one share except those to pay his taxes. He actually sounded more like one of us. His bitch was personal.

Howard takes his tapes and his show to podcast willie in a year and one half. My time horizon with this stock just got shorter. I planned to hold for a minium of 60 months but now I don't think so. I'm out with Howard unless Greenstein goes. He's been no different than Capt. Smith for this company.

06-25-2009, 09:11 AM #22
    Ms. Walters owns her interviews, my typo: Rusing to leave for work. LMaze

06-25-2009, 09:12 AM #23
    That would be rushing, damn peace out--LMaze

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 09:18 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by LMaze View Post
    That would be rushing, damn peace out--LMaze

Agree Romo and others,it is a fine tightrope Mel is walking,but we have to give him the leverage to cut costs and Preparing for the end game with Howard now,1 1/2 years out is prudent here..IMHO

Addict
    06-25-2009, 09:24 AM #25
    Howards rant was more to the effect that getting Rosie was his idea and that he wanted to do the roll out in a big way and he wanted to help craft the show. I've been a listener of his for 20 or more years since the day he came to NBC, yes he was pissed and yes I do think this is the beginning of the end.
    By the way his points were well taken, He also was the reason Barbara Walters was signed by Sirius to re broadcast her interviews since he owned them.

further Howard slipped in during the Joan Rivers interview that he has lost millions in the stock market. far as I know Howard hasn't sold one share except those to pay his taxes. He actually sounded more like one of us. His bitch was personal.

Howard takes his tapes and his show to podcast willie in a year and one half. My time horizon with this stock just got shorter. I planned to hold for a minium of 60 months but now I don't think so. I'm out with Howard unless Greenstein goes. He's been no different than Capt. Smith for this company.
    I used to listen to Howard regularly when he was on WNBC radio, and it was hard to tell what was schtick and what was real many times. I doubt it's lost on Howard that if he is holding up SXM from putting him on iPhone, then SXM isn't going to allow him to keep new content from the air. So, let's see what happens.
    p.s. Howard is NOT one of us. Pleez. He lost millions in the market...poor baby. What percent of his net worth? peanuts to be sure. I guarantee I lost a higher pct of net worth than Howard, and that's true for most of us. Let's keep it real here.

Addict
    06-25-2009, 09:44 AM #26
    Here we go guys...44 coming.

Head Honcho
    06-25-2009, 09:47 AM #27
    Howard really blasted Scott Greenstein this morning over the Rosie signing, said it was his idea to bring Rosie to Sirius, courted her when she was there, and wanted her for his channels, blasted the rollout of Rosie on the stars channel as inept, wanted to have a big announcement at Sirius or do Letterman, blasted lack of hype, Robin chimed in and noted that doesn't the company want to sell subscriptions, or is the announcement being made to Sirius listeners only. Howard claims he's only an employee and that management knows better and basically ripped them a new one...
    That is awesome to hear. I heard that interview he did and I totally agree with him. That press release hit us at just after midnight with no announcement on her own blog. As much as I couldnt care less about Rosie personally, I think this is a potentially great hire.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-25-2009, 09:53 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Sorry....forgot to ask.....why would Howard be pissed? He wants her on SXM, and now she is. Don't really follow that one. Or, could it be staged for some more publicity? That actually makes more sense to me than he being truly angry. Part of Howard's thing has always been to criticize management. Listeners love that crap because it resonates with most people's dislike for management.
    He is mad because in her interview they discussed her coming to his channels. On top of that, he probably really believes in her and doesn't like the midnight press release and lack of hype. That being said, they still have plenty of time to ramp her up since the press release says that she wont even be on board for 3+ months.

Maybe this is compound frustration in conjunction with the iPhone app? Maybe he feels like people should be letting him know what the hell is going on there? It doesnt matter if management cares about his opinion, they should act like they do. Everyone needs to managed differently... if Howard wants to feel like he is involved, then let him think he is involved.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-25-2009, 10:00 AM #29
    SIRI= My X-Girlfriend with benefits that I just can't forget about. I've been SIRI free for almost 3 weeks and got back in.

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 10:11 AM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallep View Post
    SIRI= My X-Girlfriend with benefits that I just can't forget about. I've been SIRI free for almost 3 weeks and got back in.

Welcome back Gallep,knew you couldn't stay away for long!!!!!
    your getting in just under the wire at a great last time price...

Page 3 of 17 1234513 ...