Page 10 of 12 ... 89101112
    Mentor
    06-24-2009, 09:47 AM #91
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    but the analyst estimate was for -.02 correct? so we actually beat the estimate at -.01....dang i can't wait until we don't have to justify through deduction...
    Yes romo that is correct,it was (.02) estimate and we beat it intheory,but for news reporting puposes we lost (.07) a share,can't discount that..

06-24-2009, 11:45 AM #92
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    I sure hope SXM didn't pay these guys in advance to launch one of the next satellites, because Sealaunch just filed Chapter 11. I recall Mel mentioning this company by name as playing a role in a future launch, but I don't know whether it's for the summer sat launch or what.
    As long as they don't lose $, it won't be a big deal. There are other options for launching satellites.
    XM uses SeaLaunch... it was a joint partnership of Boeing and a few other groups. XM used them for all 4 of their launches and had contracted with them for the launch of XM-5 next year. Did XM pay anything? Perhaps a downpayment, but not the whole thing. Final launch payments aren't normally due until just prior to -- or post launch.

Sirius has used International Launch Services for their satellites -- and is contracted with them for their next 2 (or 3) as well.

Regardless, this is pretty big business. In the event that SeaLaunch's Chapter 11 turns into Chapter 7, someone is going to buy the SeaLaunch assets and want that 5th launch from XM... possibly Boeing, who has their own launch collaberation going with Lockheed Martin. My bet is they'd work a deal with XM to secure the business on XM-5, perhaps even cutting them a break in light of amounts already paid to SeaLaunch.

How much did they already pay? I believe over the years that I've estimated that an XM/SeaLaunch operation was approximately $60MM each. How much could XM had paid -- this is literally a stab in the dark -- but I'd say 10%-20% down... so around $10MM to date??? But that's a total guess.

PS - Charles, on a different topic... here's an article about Stern where they took actual quotes from his radio show -- saying that there is a contractual issue with being on the iPhone App. This is not from Twitter and actually came out before the phoney twitter piece. This appears to be legit.
    http://www.dailyfinance.com/2009/06/...-will-be-on-i/

-----------

Guru
    06-24-2009, 11:54 AM #93
    yes that is legit homer cause i have heard it heh. nice to see you back.

Head Honcho
    06-24-2009, 12:15 PM #94
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    PS - Charles, on a different topic... here's an article about Stern where they took actual quotes from his radio show -- saying that there is a contractual issue with being on the iPhone App. This is not from Twitter and actually came out before the phoney twitter piece. This appears to be legit.
    http://www.dailyfinance.com/2009/06/...-will-be-on-i/
    Yes, I heard it live on his show as well. Which was nice because that is what I said from day 1
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-24-2009, 12:37 PM #95
    good stuff today, i predict we'll close at .394 with another run up to .43 tomorrow, maybe we broke out of siri land and can trade like a real stock?? just guessin'

Addict
    06-24-2009, 12:51 PM #96
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    good stuff today, i predict we'll close at .394 with another run up to .43 tomorrow, maybe we broke out of siri land and can trade like a real stock?? just guessin'
    We need a close of .41 to stay clear of the .30's tomorrow !

Mentor
    06-24-2009, 01:22 PM #97
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Yes, I heard it live on his show as well. Which was nice because that is what I said from day 1
    Put it in an article then.

Guru
    06-24-2009, 01:34 PM #98
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post

How much did they already pay? I believe over the years that I've estimated that an XM/SeaLaunch operation was approximately $60MM each. How much could XM had paid -- this is literally a stab in the dark -- but I'd say 10%-20% down... so around $10MM to date??? But that's a total guess.

-----------

This is what I also thought but "JohnnyIrishXM" says that it is already all paid for. So the question is again is it or isn't it?

06-24-2009, 01:59 PM #99
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    This is what I also thought but "JohnnyIrishXM" says that it is already all paid for. So the question is again is it or isn't it?
    No, it is not. XM has always deferred final payments on their satellites until prior to launch; as well as final launch payments. XM noted this in their recent annual report, that they have deferred final payments on XM-5 to January 2010. That would include the SeaLaunch payments as well.

I'd have to dig out the SeaLaunch contract... but that will take some time.

--------

Head Honcho
    06-24-2009, 02:27 PM #100
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Put it in an article then.
    1. Tyler did an article.
    2. I said it on our radio show.
    3. posted it on twitter.
    4. posted it on the forums.

That's not enough?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder