Page 11 of 12 ... 9101112
Results 101 to 110 of 113
  1. trippingthespeculatingpos is offline
    Guru
    trippingthespeculatingpos's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Location: San Antonio Posts: 2,884
    06-24-2009, 02:29 PM #101
    hey charles just heard somebody give a shout out to tyler savery from sirius buzz.com on the stern wrap up show lol funny some how he crammed it in while talking about the dodge challenger with ronnie.

  2. homer985 is offline
    Senior Member
    homer985's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 485
    06-24-2009, 02:29 PM #102
    Here's the contract... this was the launch contract for XM-3 and XM-4, with an option for XM-5; which XM exercised in August of 2006. The satellite was to be delivered in 2008 and launched in early 2009, but XM has delayed this to early 2010 as it was not necessary. To go along with this delay, XM deferred final payments on XM-5 to the earliest of post-launch or January 2010.

    http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...93/dex1055.txt

    Even if more payments were made, I'd be shocked if more than 50% of the launch costs were prepaid at this point. Even still, any suitor to SeaLaunch assets would see the XM launch as an asset as well -- and would do what it takes to secure this XM launch.


    ---------

  3. SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,701
    06-24-2009, 02:34 PM #103
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    hey charles just heard somebody give a shout out to tyler savery from sirius buzz.com on the stern wrap up show lol funny some how he crammed it in while talking about the dodge challenger with ronnie.
    Was it a caller? What was the context? I am listening to the re run of ellis's interview instead of listening to the wrap up show.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  4. john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    06-24-2009, 02:49 PM #104
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    Here's the contract... this was the launch contract for XM-3 and XM-4, with an option for XM-5; which XM exercised in August of 2006. The satellite was to be delivered in 2008 and launched in early 2009, but XM has delayed this to early 2010 as it was not necessary. To go along with this delay, XM deferred final payments on XM-5 to the earliest of post-launch or January 2010.

    http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...93/dex1055.txt

    Even if more payments were made, I'd be shocked if more than 50% of the launch costs were prepaid at this point. Even still, any suitor to SeaLaunch assets would see the XM launch as an asset as well -- and would do what it takes to secure this XM launch.


    ---------





    Thanks homer, I now have to leave so I can rip "JohnnyIrishXM" a new asshole for getting my hopes up.



    Now where is he????

  5. bassmaster is offline
    Mentor
    bassmaster's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 1,216
    06-24-2009, 02:59 PM #105
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    No, it is not. XM has always deferred final payments on their satellites until prior to launch; as well as final launch payments. XM noted this in their recent annual report, that they have deferred final payments on XM-5 to January 2010. That would include the SeaLaunch payments as well.

    I'd have to dig out the SeaLaunch contract... but that will take some time.


    --------
    wasnt the discussion about the sirius launch this year? i had brought it up one day after the Q1 CC about whether this years bird launch was paid for or whether we'd get hit with another big CAPEX expense. irish and tyler both said this years launch was paid for and there was an arbitration hearing with sirius trying to get some money back.. then talk transformed to next years launch which could be postponed...if im wrong please correct me.

  6. trippingthespeculatingpos is offline
    Guru
    trippingthespeculatingpos's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Location: San Antonio Posts: 2,884
    06-24-2009, 03:02 PM #106
    i was barely listening and then i heard "tyler savery from siriusbuzz", im pretty sure he some how brought it up while talking about the dodge challenger with ronnie. yes it was a caller.

  7. john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    06-24-2009, 03:13 PM #107
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    wasnt the discussion about the sirius launch this year? i had brought it up one day after the Q1 CC about whether this years bird launch was paid for or whether we'd get hit with another big CAPEX expense. irish and tyler both said this years launch was paid for and there was an arbitration hearing with sirius trying to get some money back.. then talk transformed to next years launch which could be postponed...if im wrong please correct me.



    I am just going to say the same thing I said before to you guys. It has always been done that they do not pay for the launch and even the satellites before the launch. That is is almost all pushed back or deferred. So when they said that it was paid for, I had some real problems with it.

  8. homer985 is offline
    Senior Member
    homer985's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 485
    06-24-2009, 03:30 PM #108
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I am just going to say the same thing I said before to you guys. It has always been done that they do not pay for the launch and even the satellites before the launch. That is is almost all pushed back or deferred. So when they said that it was paid for, I had some real problems with it.
    Remember everyone, we're talking about two different launches here -- with two different launch providers and two different companies.

    Sirius and ILS is coming up next week... undoubtedly, most of that payment is paid. With maybe a small payment remaining.

    XM and SeaLaunch is a year out... which could be delayed further. I would suspect that most of that payment is still to be made because it has a fluid launch date. The Sirius date had to be done as soon as possible, as it is essentially a replacement satellite. The XM launch is as a "spare". So the launch date is fluid. This undoubtedly means that the bulk of the payments by XM have not been made yet.

    2 launches, 2 launch companies and 2 satellite providers... 2 different situations.


    -------

  9. bassmaster is offline
    Mentor
    bassmaster's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 1,216
    06-24-2009, 03:42 PM #109
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    Remember everyone, we're talking about two different launches here -- with two different launch providers and two different companies.

    Sirius and ILS is coming up next week... undoubtedly, most of that payment is paid. With maybe a small payment remaining.

    XM and SeaLaunch is a year out... which could be delayed further. I would suspect that most of that payment is still to be made because it has a fluid launch date. The Sirius date had to be done as soon as possible, as it is essentially a replacement satellite. The XM launch is as a "spare". So the launch date is fluid. This undoubtedly means that the bulk of the payments by XM have not been made yet.

    2 launches, 2 launch companies and 2 satellite providers... 2 different situations.


    -------
    agreed. im assuming john is still worried about this years launch and if it affects CAPEX and i dont blame him, i like to deal with facts as well.

    added: i dont think irish ever said next years launch was paid for, i think he just said it can be postponed.

  10. john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    06-24-2009, 04:25 PM #110
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    Remember everyone, we're talking about two different launches here -- with two different launch providers and two different companies.

    Sirius and ILS is coming up next week... undoubtedly, most of that payment is paid. With maybe a small payment remaining.

    XM and SeaLaunch is a year out... which could be delayed further. I would suspect that most of that payment is still to be made because it has a fluid launch date. The Sirius date had to be done as soon as possible, as it is essentially a replacement satellite. The XM launch is as a "spare". So the launch date is fluid. This undoubtedly means that the bulk of the payments by XM have not been made yet.

    2 launches, 2 launch companies and 2 satellite providers... 2 different situations.


    -------


    REPLACEMENT for what the orbital life span for them takes them into 2015. The only problems I recall they were having on those was some secondary circuitry for the solar panels.



    I will just remind you that most of the time the launches are not paid for until after the launch. XMSRs last launch is a perfect example they were paying for that one into the second year after the launch.



    P.S. Dont give me trouble over this, I need this reason to rip johnny a new asshole.
    Last edited by john; 06-24-2009 at 04:27 PM.

Page 11 of 12 ... 9101112