Page 6 of 25 ... 4567816 ...
    Mentor
    06-19-2009, 02:08 PM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    guys, I have not seen the contract with Stern ether. I have however seen the results of it since. From that you can conclude that SIRIXM owns Stern. There is one reason Stern was paid the money he was. It was made perfectly clear by Mel several times, EXCLUSIVE content. Listen does it make any sense that Stern is everywhere else and not on the Apple app. because of his contract, no it doesn't. I have made it clear before I believe he is not on this app because SIRIXM doesn't want him there. Many think this is crazy but not really, Charles thinks it is just bad management I believe it is all about the profit with Mel and where he can sqeeze the most blood from that stone. I think the app is nothing more then a tool used to compete where they needed to and drive as many as possible to the most profitable platform. People can think Mel is an idiot if they want, I dont think he has changed that much in such a short time. Mel has always tried to be two steps ahead. Maybe I think this way about Mel because of the way I was brought up and the way I am. There is a reason most cant see savings right infront of them because unless it is ingrained in you it is not easy. As an example, just ask yourselves how many of you turn off the water during the brushing of your teeth between the time you actually need the water.
    I have dentures,just fill up the glass and i'm done with the water...
    What's your point John? JK

Howard will Be on the App John,how else is Melk going to make money on him?
    As far as i know there is no Scramble chip on I-Phone to allow ala carte premium like cable with HBO,which is only other way to make money on howard outside of OEM auto channell..

P.S.John SXM owns content right for 5 years but only on SATRAD...they had to renegotiate the internet feed rights..as charles says and i said it first,he owns the channells in the same way that Johnny Carson owned the tonight show with NBC
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 06-19-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    06-19-2009, 02:10 PM #52
    http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/co...37&single=true

Is this a good thing or bad thing?
    Last edited by Hopeful; 06-19-2009 at 02:13 PM.

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 02:10 PM #53
    The only plus with pandora is you can request a song, but if they don't have it intheir library, they play a different song from that band or different group from that genre

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 02:13 PM #54
    Quote Originally Posted by jonpluc@aol.com View Post
    Did you see the SiriXM Itunes iphone App rating so far? 2 stars out of 5. Its pretty hated by the raters.
    That is the bashers and Howard ites

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 02:18 PM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    This is very good find Hopefull,been watching this for awhile and posted on it 2 months ago as Jan calls were being gobbled up,but didn't know who was buying...now this article says ISEG is in heavy today and they i believe represent the shorts as you can see in Level2...Specifically the 2014 hedge fund with the lent shares,so looks like they are hedging their shorts with calls..And paying a nice pricec as it has been .01 to .05 a contract lately..

Good news in MHO

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 02:20 PM #56
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    That is the bashers and Howard ites
    I think its actually going up. I think it was one star. All the people pissed about Howard. Tylers take is a good read on it. Im sure thats around the average response. So figure 3 is the low end really. 2 might be a bit howard bashing.
    You cant rate something by what it doesnt have. Rate it vs. other similar apps, and on its own merit. Besides, doesnt pocket tunes play all SiriusXM content through the internet feed? Isnt this true?>

Hey John. About Howards contract.
    What would your comment be then on the Howard 100 channel being the POINTED TO APP on the mouse clicker in the photo from the CC. Isnt that misleading? Do you really think with the Hartliebs of the world running around this company already he would risk that lie? Literally a lie then. Interesting if your right though. Because there is radio sales to think about. Hardware add ones, gadgets, radio sales, etc... But by keeping it seperate you promote growth through a more expensive way to add subs, the automarket. This way to add subs does not help Mels bottom line.It might increase retail sales of sat. radios, or keep the decline in those sales slower, but the bigger money here John seems to be Howard, and his ability to generate new subs from a new platform entirely. First from sat. radio, then from internet, and now from cell phones. To keep it as something seperate would definately create more demand for the internet stream add on so you can get Howard and the sat stream for Sirius. The Opie and Anthony show on the XM side shows you that they are willing to not worry about the censorship angle too from apple, and the playboy channel isnt exactly for little kiddies either. LOL Since its a pay service, John, do you think this "mature" article from the MSM is true about Howard not being on because of the Mature rating, or what have you.

So basically there are two sides.
    1. Leave Howard off on purpose.
    Effects.
    Drives Howard Stern fans to buying radios or paying for the internet feed.
    Increase in aftermarket sales.
    Increase in retail radio sales.
    2. Put Howard on the Iphone app, and all smart phone apps. For free.
    Effects.
    Drives in new subcribers, because now they dont have to pay for a radio, or didnt own a car in the first place(dont over look this market)
    Drives in subs from the person that wants to listen to Howard on a cell phone, maybe a phone they already have. So you have millions of little sub machines waiting to be turned on, all siriusxm did was flip a switch. This sounds like a big plus to their SAC. Big time. Why not fire off all your guns to go after this potential EXPLOSION in paid subs? Because Howard wants a piece, and hes a smart business man. Thats why.
    So it could be a strategic move, definately possible. But I dont feel its a very smart strategic move.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 06-19-2009 at 02:36 PM.

Head Honcho
    06-19-2009, 02:27 PM #57
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    Yes I have. Sirius>slacker>pandora. Set lists on slack/pandora are inferior compared to sirius. I don't want to convince you. Try it for youself
    I have been using it for over a year. You can create your own set list so, I am confused as to why that makes in inferior. If you can create a station with only the bands/songs you like, how could that possibly be inferior, unless you dont know what kind of music you like?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-19-2009, 02:33 PM #58
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    No, I don't. I think it is contractual. Howard owns the rights to his content and those channel names and logos. He is keeping them from being used. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Charles didnt you notice how Stern was absent from the E channel on cable/satellite after his contract with SIRI.

06-19-2009, 02:35 PM #59

Why I think Stern isn't included.

I think Sirius excluded Stern because the company would lose customers that are paying for "best of both". I'm sure they have all the statistical analysis, and I'd bet that most that pay for "best of both" are XM customers that want to hear Stern. They pay $16.99 instead of $12.99.

If the company put everything from both XM and Sirius on the internet, they could have customers switch from a $16.99 package to a $12.99 package. Some would pay the extra $2.99 as well, but you're still taking a hit to revenue that I'm sure the company is absolutely paranoid about doing. They are (I hope) watching every single nickle at the company right now. They are probably realizing now that they're being "penny wise, pound foolish".

They just be waiting for new revenues from iphone streaming to equal the potential loss from customers dropping "best of both".

Guru
    06-19-2009, 02:37 PM #60
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    Posting from my new iPhone with the Sirius app. Aside from no stern , IT IS A WINNER! Haven't read todays posts, but Charles slacker/pandora are dead meat vs this thing, IMO.
    thanks, can you see what is playing on the other channels while listening to a channel? tyler said no on the review but it looks like you can.

Page 6 of 25 ... 4567816 ...