Page 7 of 25 ... 5678917 ...
    Guru
    06-19-2009, 02:44 PM #61
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    I have dentures,just fill up the glass and i'm done with the water...
    What's your point John? JK

Howard will Be on the App John,how else is Melk going to make money on him?
    As far as i know there is no Scramble chip on I-Phone to allow ala carte premium like cable with HBO,which is only other way to make money on howard outside of OEM auto channell..

P.S.John SXM owns content right for 5 years but only on SATRAD...they had to renegotiate the internet feed rights..as charles says and i said it first,he owns the channells in the same way that Johnny Carson owned the tonight show with NBC

First I have to bring this up, while I saw you say that about his channels on the other thread, I was willing to let it go but you know full well who brought that up about what his contract included and what SIRI got for the 500 million over 5 years and that it was not just him but the 2 channels he produces. Now it would take some time to go back and find that thread, I will you basterd if needed so before you say YOU said it first I think you might want to give credit where it is due. By the way your welcome.

Now onto the rest as I said to Charles, SIRIXM makes their money from him by making him EXCLUSIVE there is a reason you dont see him on the E channel anymore. I dont recall ever seeing that news about the Stern contract being renegotiate for the internet. Maybe you could give me a link?????????????? That rumor is as bad as the one about him being on Itunes.

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 02:45 PM #62
    Miscommunication on my part, stuck in traffic now. I meant the music library in slacker/pandora is more inferior. Will chat later on my comp. Much safer , lol

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 02:50 PM #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Wilson View Post
    I think Sirius excluded Stern because the company would lose customers that are paying for "best of both". I'm sure they have all the statistical analysis, and I'd bet that most that pay for "best of both" are XM customers that want to hear Stern. They pay $16.99 instead of $12.99.

If the company put everything from both XM and Sirius on the internet, they could have customers switch from a $16.99 package to a $12.99 package. Some would pay the extra $2.99 as well, but you're still taking a hit to revenue that I'm sure the company is absolutely paranoid about doing. They are (I hope) watching every single nickle at the company right now. They are probably realizing now that they're being "penny wise, pound foolish".

They just be waiting for new revenues from iphone streaming to equal the potential loss from customers dropping "best of both".
    It's a point but small one.as i have XM best of to get howard ,but mainly Football,but remember that is in the car and i reupped for 3 years to get the premium internet feed aslo for vfree..There are only 700k XM best of as of 1Qcc...but if they had howard online and in phone they would still keep it for the car IMHO..
    MHOis the extra AD revenue from the I-Phone app is unknown and they are negotiating price with Howard over this and a new contract as well...Think about it,it's only been 2 months for howard on the net correct?
    So your talking about maybe tripleing his audience availability and that is more Ad revenue for his show..He's really the only one generating Ad rev for company or lets say 80%,which i believe was 47 net mil last year total...

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 02:51 PM #64
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    thanks, can you see what is playing on the other channels while listening to a channel? tyler said no on the review but it looks like you can.
    Yes i can, he is wrong on that

Head Honcho
    06-19-2009, 02:52 PM #65
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Charles didnt you notice how Stern was absent from the E channel on cable/satellite after his contract with SIRI.
    He has talked about the E channel not being a good fit, which is why he started howard.tv... which I am sure he owns all the rights to. I dont think Sirius had anything to do with him leaving E, Sirius should have wanted him to stay an regular cable TV, it would have been great promotion for Sirius.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-19-2009, 02:57 PM #66
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    Miscommunication on my part, stuck in traffic now. I meant the music library in slacker/pandora is more inferior. Will chat later on my comp. Much safer , lol
    That makes sense, there might be some artists that cant be played. Any idea who those artists are and why? I have my own station with about 20+ artists and I hear all of them being played from radio singles, to live stuff, to rare and uncut stuff. I have heard other people mention this kind of thing but, I am curious what genre of music is losing out because it isnt rock/heavy metal. I even hear metallica on slacker, and they are usually against this kind of stuff. Maybe it is some specific production companies that dont work with the online guys?

DONT TEXT AND DRIVE! For the love of God and all things holy, I ride a motorcycle and people like you scare the shit out of me on the highway!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-19-2009, 02:57 PM #67
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I think its actually going up. I think it was one star. All the people pissed about Howard. Tylers take is a good read on it. Im sure thats around the average response. So figure 3 is the low end really. 2 might be a bit howard bashing.
    You cant rate something by what it doesnt have. Rate it vs. other similar apps, and on its own merit. Besides, doesnt pocket tunes play all SiriusXM content through the internet feed? Isnt this true?>

Hey John. About Howards contract.
    What would your comment be then on the Howard 100 channel being the POINTED TO APP on the mouse clicker in the photo from the CC. Isnt that misleading? Do you really think with the Hartliebs of the world running around this company already he would risk that lie? Literally a lie then. Interesting if your right though. Because there is radio sales to think about. Hardware add ones, gadgets, radio sales, etc... But by keeping it seperate you promote growth through a more expensive way to add subs, the automarket. This way to add subs does not help Mels bottom line.It might increase retail sales of sat. radios, or keep the decline in those sales slower, but the bigger money here John seems to be Howard, and his ability to generate new subs from a new platform entirely. First from sat. radio, then from internet, and now from cell phones. To keep it as something seperate would definately create more demand for the internet stream add on so you can get Howard and the sat stream for Sirius. The Opie and Anthony show on the XM side shows you that they are willing to not worry about the censorship angle too from apple, and the playboy channel isnt exactly for little kiddies either. LOL Since its a pay service, John, do you think this "mature" article from the MSM is true about Howard not being on because of the Mature rating, or what have you.

So basically there are two sides.
    1. Leave Howard off on purpose.
    Effects.
    Drives Howard Stern fans to buying radios or paying for the internet feed.
    Increase in aftermarket sales.
    Increase in retail radio sales.
    2. Put Howard on the Iphone app, and all smart phone apps. For free.
    Effects.
    Drives in new subcribers, because now they dont have to pay for a radio, or didnt own a car in the first place(dont over look this market)
    Drives in subs from the person that wants to listen to Howard on a cell phone, maybe a phone they already have. So you have millions of little sub machines waiting to be turned on, all siriusxm did was flip a switch. This sounds like a big plus to their SAC. Big time. Why not fire off all your guns to go after this potential EXPLOSION in paid subs? Because Howard wants a piece, and hes a smart business man. Thats why.
    So it could be a strategic move, definately possible. But I dont feel its a very smart strategic move.

What I think is they wont get Stern on the Iphone unless SIRIXM gets some extra cash from it to make up for what they would loss from people going through the internet instead of satellite. I believe it is a ploy to drive people to the most profitible platform they have which is satellite. I dont think Mel cares if people get him through the internet or satellite though as long as they get the same amount of cash (profit) as they would get from the satellite platform. It is all about the bottom line for Mel that is what I am saying. As to Johnny He will never find that article about his contract because I have never seen it and I can say this much it would have bigger news then he thinks. I could just see the head line now "If you thought 500 million was enough well I guess it wasn't." It would have been as big of news as the bonuses (stock options) he got where made out to be.

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 03:00 PM #68
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    First I have to bring this up, while I saw you say that about his channels on the other thread, I was willing to let it go but you know full well who brought that up about what his contract included and what SIRI got for the 500 million over 5 years and that it was not just him but the 2 channels he produces. Now it would take some time to go back and find that thread, I will you basterd if needed so before you say YOU said it first I think you might want to give credit where it is due. By the way your welcome.

Now onto the rest as I said to Charles, SIRIXM makes their money from him by making him EXCLUSIVE there is a reason you dont see him on the E channel anymore. I dont recall ever seeing that news about the Stern contract being renegotiate for the internet. Maybe you could give me a link?????????????? That rumor is as bad as the one about him being on Itunes.
    Now John you crazy Bastard,my post meant first in the thread not on the Buzz..And it was Homer who confirmed it not you,if you remember right!!!!!
    And his contract was exclusivity to SATRAD,and not anywhere else,meaning regular radio terrad.....Why do you think he wasn't on the net for so long,it doesn't dilute anything because you need to pay for a sub to get it,unntil it was being charged they put him on..

06-19-2009, 03:02 PM #69
    Yeah. I think it could be a contract issue as well. I just have no idea if they 'own' stern already for 500 million, or if he can try and squeeze more out of them.

In either case, I have to believe Stern will be available at some point. It'd be funny if some of these whiners actually did cancel, and then had to come back and sign up again.

Guru
    06-19-2009, 03:04 PM #70
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    He has talked about the E channel not being a good fit, which is why he started howard.tv... which I am sure he owns all the rights to. I dont think Sirius had anything to do with him leaving E, Sirius should have wanted him to stay an regular cable TV, it would have been great promotion for Sirius.

Just a quintessence they happen about the same time then hea. Just one problem with that is all the comments made by Mel on this subject and how he felt about the mistake it was letting O and A go on terrestrial radio along with satellite. Mel has made it clear how he feels about Stern and how exclusive he would be to SIRI/SIRIXM.

Page 7 of 25 ... 5678917 ...