Page 25 of 33 ... 152324252627 ...
    06-18-2009, 06:18 PM #241
    And by the way. I am an investor. A very disappointed one due to the fact that this company has failed to become what it has the potential to become.

06-18-2009, 06:27 PM #242
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp View Post
    Correction. Sirius is the #6 free music app. Just above finger piano Lite. I personally downloaded the app early this morning and for some reason I am in no hurry to activate even my 7 day free trial. I wonder what that is all about? Oh. I know..,. SIRIUS CAN SUCK MY ASS! There. I said it. I don't think there has ever been any company in history appeared to be trying so desperately to be profitable while simultaneously succeeding in undermining itself with the most obnoxiously retarded product and marketing decisions. I am being convinced more and more of an internal conspiracy to destroy this company before they can turn a profit. Something ain't right here.
    Agreed. Karmazin and his minions are idiots. They've demonstrated it time and time again. Don't know wht anyone would be optimistic at this point.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 06:32 PM #243
    optimistic because they are on the iphone, everyone has been clammoring about why they don't have an iphone app, well, now they do and that doesn't solve your sweet tooth?

06-18-2009, 06:34 PM #244
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Confused? Sounds like your mind is already made up? Youve heard bullish cases, and your still a bear? So you wont be investing. Thats ok. Your lose.
    No, I am invested. Got in at .1185. Just frustrated because could be so much better if they had a clue on how to market themselves. Because let's be honest, that's all they have left. Their bottom line is ugly and it will continue to be ugly for quite some time.

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 06:35 PM #245
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    So, you are blaming me because someone took creative license and changed my title now? Isn't that a stretch? What a joke.

Howard not being included was the last thing I wrote about in the article with the top part praising the fact that it was finally released.
    OMG Charlie, I am not blaming you thats my point. I said, slowly now....
    EVEN.....
    IF...
    YOU....
    DID...
    I...
    WOULDNT...
    CARE...
    The content was my focus. Your content was a simple informational release stating some facts,and what was not on the app. No mention of what WAS on the app, or the interesting possibilities that the new features allow. Thats it. I dont even care that SA did it, but If I were you , I wouldnt like it. Your title for a reason. A title is part of the body of work. They shouldnt change titles. I know they do it all the time though. Not a HUGE deal to me. Not mad at you for any title you choose, i know you need to grab hits. Its the content I was miffed about. Thats it. If you listed all the channels, and mentioned some neat stuff about it you already know, you know Chuck, we wouldnt be wasting our time right now talking about it.
    So next time, just do what I say, and you want hear from me!!!!
    Now get going on that Howard story. Break the news why and when he will be on. If you do I will only write glowing loving posts about how wonderful Pandora and Slacker are. And how we would be fools not to visit your slacker site too!!!

Enthusiast
    06-18-2009, 06:37 PM #246
    Quote Originally Posted by toxdoc View Post
    No, I'm not looking for a bashing site. Just looking for an objective one. And this isn't it. Just tryin to speak some truth. The truth is that there is alot of blind optimism on this site that somehow SXM is going to quickly turn around and the stock price is going to pop like crazy despite any good objective data suggesting so.

As an investor, don't you want unbiased objective data and opinion? Don't you want facts, not blind optimism? The facts are that Sirius has never shown a profit. And although they came close last quarter, it was mainly because of good cost cutting, not great increases in revenue. They are extremely over-levered. They are losing subscribers and had to bailed out by Malone, leaving serious dilution a problem. Now you can spin the numbers anyway you want, but that's the bottom line. They are treading water right now, plain and simple.

With all this in mind, their PR campaign and marketing strategies become vital for their survival. And the fact is that they manage to screw that stuff up time and time again. They simply don't seem to get it!
    Ahh, now your talking level. I think you will find that your points above are not lost on the people that participate in this site. Everything you bring out has been discussed here, many times. I too share the sentiment that they do not leverage PR opportunities. Maybe SXM management doesn't want to be seen hyping the company and stockholders be enraged that the pps doesn't reflect the hype. Or open themelves up to lawsuits, which seems to happen a the drop of a hat. I am not sure, but if I take Mel at his words, it seems they are executing on what they said they would. Granted they are not shouting from the mountaintop, but maybe at least a loud conversation in the valley.

They are recognizing cost saving synergies from the merger.
    They continue to add to content as he said they would.
    They upped the rev expectations for the year and it seems on track.
    They said they would release the iphone app in the 2nd quarter.
    They are focusing on new subs outside new car OEM channel
    And they are focused on paying of the upcoming debt.

We are optimistic here because we believe in the company and it's product. So I think it is important to have optimism or why else would you invest?

06-18-2009, 06:38 PM #247
    As an investor, don't you want unbiased objective data and opinion? Don't you want facts, not blind optimism? The facts are that Sirius has never shown a profit. And although they came close last quarter, it was mainly because of good cost cutting, not great increases in revenue. They are extremely over-levered. They are losing subscribers and had to bailed out by Malone, leaving serious dilution a problem. Now you can spin the numbers anyway you want, but that's the bottom line. They are treading water right now, plain and simple.
    Where do you see blind optimism? I'm pretty sure Charles and Tyler aren't afraid to call it like they see it, case in point todays articles. Now as far as discussion goes on here, I think for the most part its fairly intelligent. As investors obviously we are going to be more interested in the upside potential and are going to be discussing it more than dwelling on the fact that the stock price can't get a set of legs. But at the same time, its grounded in reality.

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 06:38 PM #248
    No, I am invested. Got in at .1185. Just frustrated because could be so much better if they had a clue on how to market themselves. Because let's be honest, that's all they have left. Their bottom line is ugly and it will continue to be ugly for quite some time.
    I dont believe you own this stock. Your too negative about it. Or if you do, why dont you sell your shares? you made a huge profit on a pig stock you hate. Sell and move on. Thats good advice. Based on your logic. What am I missing? You said its going to be ugly for quite some time? So its probably going to what? Like .20 cents? You should sell then.Just my opinion, not a professional stock broker, and you should do you own due diligence.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 06:40 PM #249
    i think what t and c are saying is that they are actively testing the app and will write an article about it soon.

My biggest interest is

1. can you view what is playing on other channels while listening to one channel? this is heeuuge to the subscriber.

2. can you pause rewind live streams? again this is heeeuge

3. any recording functions?

4. how cool is the tag and buy through itunes function?

Guru
    06-18-2009, 06:42 PM #250
    lol, the joe buck live replay is on hbo tonight, this is a free weekend for hbo too!! watch artie tonight at midnight..

Page 25 of 33 ... 152324252627 ...