Page 20 of 33 ... 10181920212230 ...
    Enthusiast
    06-18-2009, 03:37 PM #191
    Everyone, lets come to earth. The quote below from Maffei is probably exactly where things are right now.

Maffei backed Sirius' five-year, $500 million contract with Howard Stern, which comes up for renewal next year, saying the shock jock represents "very valuable exclusive content" for Sirius. He said Stern's program has a large following, and there will be "good" negotiations to retain him.

HS will be accessible via the app. Just a matter of how much revenue share will be decided.

06-18-2009, 03:39 PM #192
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    But it doesn't matter folks! Whether or not you can listen to a Howard clip is meaningless. It's all about the lack of LIVE Howard Stern channel via the iPhone app. That's it. SXM has to deliver the differentiating content via this app for it to have the kind of impact the company needs. Until they do, it's not going to do much for the company. Sure, they'll gain some subs. But, enough to make a dent? I doubt it. Slacker and Pandora will eat them for lunch because pay for music vs. free music isn't going to win. Pay for Howard, MLB, NFL, plus music, etc, is the winning combo.
    MLB and NFL might be hard to allow on the app since they have, at least MLB, their own app. Stern though should be allowed. Will be interesting to see how the negotiations play out. Anyway, the run above $0.40, like the rest of the +$0.40 runs these past few months, was just a spasm.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 03:40 PM #193
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Sources close to me are saying that the other unofficial iPhone apps are going to be shut down within the next week. I am not sure if its because you can listen to H100/101 on them or simply because they allow you to stream Sirius XM, either way, they are about to be stopped.
    thanks charles, this is real news...

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 03:40 PM #194
    Ya I was serious about writing an article about it. Making fun of your NEED to get the story out, why failed to mention anything but what you felt was needed. You obviously cant understand my intent. Whos retarded?
    Maybe Im a bit "above your head" maybe.
    Nice chopping up for my quotes, you seem to fail to mention how I mention with regards to this company, I am biased. Yes, I am. But I can put that aside to ascertain danger to my investment. Do it all the time. Why I sold today at .42, and rebought at .38 to .35 range. I knew what the effect the media would have on the stock today. And you helped. But writing an article with intent to be negative. You admitted it yourself. It was the big news. Well in reporting the "big news", to INVESTORS mostly, as everyone with HALF a brain would know its only a matter of time before howard was one the iphone, and hes already easily accessible to his current fans. Would this hurt new subs for now? You bet your sweet ass it will, hence the sell off. Does this matter on frickin bit to a news reporter reporting on the app release? Sure as hell would if this was an investor only sight, which you CONSANTLY reming everyone that is it not. Hence, where is the play list? where is the mention of the song downloand capabilities? where is the mention of anything relevant to an actual USER of the product. Maybe even a nice first glimpse into the quality, or the features. Nope. You wrote about what YOU wanted to focus on. And every other MSM member on the planet. Your in definately the majority company. Problem? This is called siriusbuzz.com, not investor news, or street.com, or WSJ that broadly covers all topics.
    Sure, Tyler is writing one up, but he took TIME out of his BUSY day to STRESS no Howard. It was old news. We new last night. I knew all over the newswires. I knew from googling it. O, i Knew. So your angle that is news relevant, YES. Definately mention it, in fact, mention it in your title. But with no other substance to the piece, its just reporting what we already knew.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 06-18-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 03:50 PM #195
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Whos retarted?
    lol, at least spell retard write!

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 03:51 PM #196
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    lol, at least spell retard write!
    LOL. Geez, i type so fast im surprised i spell anything WITE!!!!

06-18-2009, 03:55 PM #197
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    thanks charles, this is real news...
    blah, blah, blah, ba blah...... no Howard no sports coverage = 's nothing special...

WHAT THE FU*CK! All this TIME.... all this waiting?
    I feel like going to Mel's next meeting!!!

Not cool! At least I knew he was a slime ball and made a quick couple of bucks...... what a slime!!!

Knew something was a rye in pre-market!
    Should of climbed 30 cents EASY if not MORE!!!

06-18-2009, 03:58 PM #198
    Don't nudge Relmor...he's like Fred..comes back at you with a Bazooka/RPG!!!

Reminds of the Hommie the clown, Daman Waynes....."Hommie don't play dat" Bam!

As for this stock, I feel like Ray Romano alone in rightsville! This stinks of manipulation to the nth degree. I can't believe they are going to walk us to the exit and take our wallet on the way out the door. Unbelievable!

Guru
    06-18-2009, 04:02 PM #199
    did u manage to sell ben? i have no clue where we go form here but im hoping this is a shake before a big move.

06-18-2009, 04:02 PM #200
    I agree with AS, this thing should have popped no questions asked, something is up. I can't tell you if the stock is going to move up ever but boy I can see the dips coming miles away. If I could short this company, I would not leave the computer. I have never followed a company that has continually performed this way with a good product. Amazing!

I am going back to work.

Page 20 of 33 ... 10181920212230 ...