Page 12 of 33 ... 2101112131422 ...
    Enthusiast
    06-18-2009, 01:25 PM #111
    Someone on this board quoted Maffei weeks ago concerning Howard being accessed by some astronomical number of PDA users. It was suggested that he misspoke. Or did he?

Trip, you have brought up some tidbits lately that have proven true. Let me speculate just a moment.

How many PDAs are out there in use in the market?
    What if Howard was to be made available for free on any PDA out there?
    What if SXM reaped advertising dollars for access to the mass PDA market that tunes into Howard for free? Everyday on the PDA that they carry with them everywhere they go?

Am I misguided that SXM is going to use the number one draw they have to put this company squarely in a positive EPS position and pay off debt?

IMHO there is a huge play going on and SXM is shoring up all the pieces.

Head Honcho
    06-18-2009, 01:26 PM #112
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    First let me say, I agree with you.
    So today you were a critical journalist. Not a fact reporter, but an interpreter for your audience on what they wanted to know. Gotcha. So readers of your site and article will have to look elsewhere if they are curious for other angles...
    Content list..
    Song download features
    App quality
    App specific features..
    What, did typign these things out hurt your hand? Curious...
    Are you busy today?
    Yes, actually I am quite busy. I have already started a review of the app, and have downloaded it to an iPod Touch. I am not an interpetter of what my audience wants to hear. They want to hear that the app is awesome, downloads are huge, and consumers are embracing the product. That is not what I reported.

A review of the app takes some time. I will likely get up an initial reaction at some point this evening. I am not going to regurgetate the listed features, but instead navigate my way through the app for functionality etc.

As I said, it is a busy day. I have my regular job, and all of the drama of other daily issues.

The lack of Howrd is the biggest news on this app at the moment, and a quality review takes some time to develop.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    06-18-2009, 01:29 PM #113
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    I think many are missing the point. This is about business, not about loyalty. Sure, the app is very positive and apparently has lots of good stuff. But, make no mistake, the lack of Howard is a VERY BIG DEAL, and not lost on the MSM. It doesn't matter one bit if a news article focused on all the GOOD about the app. That would not distract the negative attention attracted by the lack of Howard Stern.
    Exactly, which is why relmor is ON FIRE today. The more vocal relmor is, the more it becomes apparent how important things are. There is NO WAY relmor (who has to be at least of avg intelligence) doesn't realize how bad this is for the company.

The entire internet realizes how bad this is. The management realizes how bad this is. On top of all of that, my sources refuse to comment. Why? They realize how bad this is and don't have an answer.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-18-2009, 01:29 PM #114
    Quote Originally Posted by toxdoc View Post
    Wow, what a great run up! Back down to .37. Let's face it. This company is a joke. They can't get anything right and they have no concept of the power of marketing when done right. Leaving out Howard was flat out stupid. Do they even realize that millions of their subscribers are there only because of Howard? MLB, NFL, and Nascar are also left out. The live sports is one thing that sets them apart from entities like pandora and they left it out of the app! A bunch of f'ing indiots running this circus they call Sirius XM. I've had enough of it. This company is going nowhere, except straight to delisting.

If you are using Slacker and Pandora and not SIRIXM then chances are you dont care about anything but music anyway (the young crowd).

Guru
    06-18-2009, 01:29 PM #115
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Tyler, I just have to ask, doesn't this app do what you and Charles were complainning about (competing with slacker/pandora) does Stern really have to be on an app to compete with a totally music product like Pandora or Slacker. I dont know but I would guess, most of the people that use Slacker/Pandora dont care about Stern they care about the amount of music they have avalible to them.
    snap, well played.

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 01:30 PM #116
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Because what it doesnt have is bigger news. If you dont see that, you are blind. BTW I mentioned the 120 channels.

I am subscriber, shareholder, and a guy who writes about the company in his free time. This is far from my Job.

It amazes me that you spend so much time criticizing others rather then going out and doing the job on your own. If you think you can do a better job, the sirius xm community welcomes you to do so... as well as me personally.
    Cant wait to read your article about how its so popular.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 01:33 PM #117
    my brother is listening to howard free on itunes right now!

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 01:33 PM #118
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    Yes, actually I am quite busy. I have already started a review of the app, and have downloaded it to an iPod Touch. I am not an interpetter of what my audience wants to hear. They want to hear that the app is awesome, downloads are huge, and consumers are embracing the product. That is not what I reported.

A review of the app takes some time. I will likely get up an initial reaction at some point this evening. I am not going to regurgetate the listed features, but instead navigate my way through the app for functionality etc.

As I said, it is a busy day. I have my regular job, and all of the drama of other daily issues.

The lack of Howrd is the biggest news on this app at the moment, and a quality review takes some time to develop.
    Sure , its why the stock price is sucking so bad. It is important to investors. But you say TIME AND TIME AGAIN this site is only a very very very small percentage of investors(charles own words). So to an end user , who doesnt give a rats ass about Howard, where can i go to get a content list? Not on this site. SIRIUSBUZZ.COM
    No info on the iphone app,EXCEPT HOWARD ISNT on it.
    2 articles.
    No content list.
    No mention of the new features.
    You guys serious? You are actually going to defend yourselves? WOW.

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 01:35 PM #119
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    my brother is listening to howard free on itunes right now!
    Theres your story. Charles, what time can I expect to see it up?
    If you dont write this story, you just prove my point.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 01:35 PM #120
    HELLLO?????????? HOWARD IS FREE ON ITUNES write AN ARTICLE ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Page 12 of 33 ... 2101112131422 ...