Page 12 of 17 ... 21011121314 ...
    Guru
    06-08-2009, 04:14 PM #111
    positive close, we hung around .3391 the whole presentation, then at the end as it neared completion it slipped and bottomed at .335, so good to see it rebound...

Mentor
    06-08-2009, 04:22 PM #112
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Not reacting to what you said....just discussing the missed opportunity of climbing aboard today's Apple hype. We all realize 'end of June' per their earlier announcement on the app.....but......we'd all like to see SXM capitalize and leverage the huge publicity that Apple brings to bear. That's all...just sayin'.....
    Perhaps via Howard on Letterman, perhaps on June 17, who knows. but, would be nice for SXM to ride someone's big marketing coattails....that's all.
    You cant miss an opportunity if there never was one. SiriusXM OBVIOUSLY wasnt asked to present. They have no control over Apples board last time I knew, so they didnt miss anything, unless they declined the offer. Which would be dumb, and I doubt they would have done that. So its only a fictional missed opportunity created in peoples hopeful heads. Not reality. A missed opportunity would be SiriusXM not being ready by the release date. Then I would complain, yes, To high heaven I would complain.

Guru
    06-08-2009, 04:25 PM #113
    Drum Roll Please -http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0...er=rss&emc=rss

Apple rolls out a new faster iphone - SIRI needs to announce this week to capture the buzz.
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 06-08-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Addict
    06-08-2009, 04:38 PM #114
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    You cant miss an opportunity if there never was one. SiriusXM OBVIOUSLY wasnt asked to present. They have no control over Apples board last time I knew, so they didnt miss anything, unless they declined the offer. Which would be dumb, and I doubt they would have done that. So its only a fictional missed opportunity created in peoples hopeful heads. Not reality. A missed opportunity would be SiriusXM not being ready by the release date. Then I would complain, yes, To high heaven I would complain.
    Again, that's not the point. Yes, Apple calls the shots on who presents at their conference. The point is this: the conference was not a surprise event. We (and by we, I mean me and others here who have posted about this) are simply saying, it would have been great if SXM made a big announcement today or tomorrow during this Apple conference, which creates a lot of hype. That is missed opportunity. Not fatal, but it is a miss. I guess what troubles me about this is that if the app were ready, they'd announce details and release date (unless Howard is doing so on Letterman, which would be awesome, and then obviously a great marketing plan). So, either it is not ready, or they have another marketing idea. We'll see.

Mentor
    06-08-2009, 04:51 PM #115
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Again, that's not the point. Yes, Apple calls the shots on who presents at their conference. The point is this: the conference was not a surprise event. We (and by we, I mean me and others here who have posted about this) are simply saying, it would have been great if SXM made a big announcement today or tomorrow during this Apple conference, which creates a lot of hype. That is missed opportunity. Not fatal, but it is a miss. I guess what troubles me about this is that if the app were ready, they'd announce details and release date (unless Howard is doing so on Letterman, which would be awesome, and then obviously a great marketing plan). So, either it is not ready, or they have another marketing idea. We'll see.
    Ok, I see your point. But what if Apple purposefully delayed the approval to make sure SiriusXM didnt try such a thing. I doubt it, but its possible. Or what if they have Howard doing it, another good point, true. Exactly. Or they are still awaiting approval, maybe it comes in 2 days, 3 days, we dont know. Im just buying if it goes lower, and being patient. Still cant believe how dumb the MM's are for allowing such a low buy in point. But I suppose not enough retailers are taking advantage, hence why it remains here. MM's and institutions have time and patience, we dont knwo their buying schedule or plans. We just have to be faithful that our patience will be rewarded. guess no way of really knowing for sure. Hence big gains are never easy.

Head Honcho
    06-08-2009, 05:30 PM #116
    Its time to stop being so surprised.

1. I said all along that Apple would not make a big deal about this sirius xm application. They have no reason to do so.

2. People say that a $2 increase for Sirius XM is no big deal and that "people don't mind paying $5 for their fancy lattes." Starbucks profits have dropped more then 75%. So, people do mind.

3. I just bought a case of Poland Spring water and the wrapping says "drink less soda!"
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    06-08-2009, 05:42 PM #117
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post

3. I just bought a case of Poland Spring water and the wrapping says "drink less soda!"
    Why would you PAY for water when you can get it for free.

Head Honcho
    06-08-2009, 05:44 PM #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmark View Post
    I live right outside the city and our water tastes like shit.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    06-08-2009, 06:17 PM #119
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I live right outside the city and our water tastes like shit.
    I've listened to regular radio and it sounds like shit

Mentor
    06-08-2009, 06:38 PM #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmark View Post
    Carefull keysmark,i'm a spring water crazy nut,haven't haD TAP IN DECADES..
    And yes i can and have had taste test's done and 100% of the time can pick Spring ewater out of tap water..now notice i said Spring water,not that Dasani tap water crap or so called purified water.they are a joke..

Page 12 of 17 ... 21011121314 ...