Page 7 of 10 ... 56789 ...
    Mentor
    06-04-2009, 01:32 PM #61
    My lord,how long can they keep it in this .3350 to .3353 range..now that is a real skill there,good work MM's...The line on the chart has flatlined,the patient is Dead...

Head Honcho
    06-04-2009, 01:35 PM #62
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Charles while you and others feel that things should happen at light speed most forget about the other companies they have invested in and have gone through mergers or even takeovers. The fact is most investors give that company a full year after the merger takeover before they start bitching about how slow the company is moving towards synergies.
    I guess that is where there is a misunderstanding. What I say is coming from the mouth of a consumer first and a stockholder second. if you are a stockholder and thinking about this as an investor only, take what I say for what it is worth. I will try and do the same since most of the reactions towards me seem to come from investors who are happy with the company's progress.

As for Pandora it was used to compare the reaction you give both. SIRIXM first increase ever, you were all over them about it. Then here comes Pandora with a increase to their service and you think it is great.
    As I understand it, Pandora will still have their ad supported model. Sirius XM is increasing their price during I time when I feel like it is dangerous and we dont have a choice. With Pandora you dont have to pay for the premium service. That is why I am not all over pandora or slacker. They offer a premium sub, they dont mandate it.

You just missed FrontMed, thats all I was saying.
    I hear ya, I was insinuating something more recent or relevant. People talk about the bashers but, there really arent any here. Sometimes any one person might be critical and they get told to get out of here and go home if they dont like it. All I am saying is that isnt my mentality. You can love sirius xm and still hate something stupid that they do.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-04-2009, 01:48 PM #63
    here we go guys make or break it time. i think w are starting it right now, i can feel electricity in the air. here we go .40's by close fri

Guru
    06-04-2009, 01:50 PM #64
    and with that post i have overcome the mighty demian with most posts. if we remember demian did alot for this site,like creating this intraday page and keeping it going by posting news links when not really any1 else was posting. so lets all take some time out to remember the great demian.

Enthusiast
    06-04-2009, 01:50 PM #65
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Seems to make sense then John to focus on non sat radio delivery. And newer contracts(that chart illustrated by Mel showing smarter penetration) would be key going forward. Im excited to realize this new age of SirusXM as Demian, Tyler, and Steve have been writing about lately. Iphone is only the first step. WiFI capabilities in all future radios is huge too. This removes them, If im not mistaken, from contractual issues regarding dead radios.(They will simply phase out old models, maybe even making them impossible to activate. Simply make them dead, and stay dead. Chalk it up to a bad contract made in desperate times.

Tim....
    Any word on Hughes and their conference this week?
    the only thing i saw from them was the did something to lower cost for Geo location services..even after all the press releases they over the last two years. making claims all would be made clear during this show and what services would be included... the only real news i saw was Intel picked up windriver the software people behind the concept and part of and alliance to bring open Source based telematics to oems...i did read something about a month ago which indicated the device could and would slip its schdule by maybe a couple of months.....so im not sure whats going.

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 01:56 PM #66
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    and with that post i have overcome the mighty demian with most posts. if we remember demian did alot for this site,like creating this intraday page and keeping it going by posting news links when not really any1 else was posting. so lets all take some time out to remember the great demian.
    Beat me too the post Tripp,they got tired of that 300k sitting at .33 so they swallowed it up and low and behold another 400k showed up..sells are piling up in the .34 range and up,while seen buys are spread out in 20k blocks in .33 to .34 range..pressure is building,either today or AH and tomorrow..

Enthusiast
    06-04-2009, 01:58 PM #67
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    My lord,how long can they keep it in this .3350 to .3353 range..now that is a real skill there,good work MM's...The line on the chart has flatlined,the patient is Dead...
    No one else is trading, just the MMs. PPS has been bouncing off the simple moving avg since yesterday. There is definitely an increase in bottom resistance. I am going to predict a last hour pps pushing .36 or .37 and a close of .357

Chose .357 cause someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery...

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 02:07 PM #68
    Tripp,Congrats on the being crowned the King of Post's,May Demian return in peace and thank him for his contributions as well....

Guru
    06-04-2009, 02:10 PM #69
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I guess that is where there is a misunderstanding. What I say is coming from the mouth of a consumer first and a stockholder second. if you are a stockholder and thinking about this as an investor only, take what I say for what it is worth. I will try and do the same since most of the reactions towards me seem to come from investors who are happy with the company's progress.

As I understand it, Pandora will still have their ad supported model. Sirius XM is increasing their price during I time when I feel like it is dangerous and we dont have a choice. With Pandora you dont have to pay for the premium service. That is why I am not all over pandora or slacker. They offer a premium sub, they dont mandate it.

I hear ya, I was insinuating something more recent or relevant. People talk about the bashers but, there really arent any here. Sometimes any one person might be critical and they get told to get out of here and go home if they dont like it. All I am saying is that isnt my mentality. You can love sirius xm and still hate something stupid that they do.

As for me, I think they have done plenty lately the mirge radio is out and they are coming out with other things also all within 9 months after the merger. That is fast considering all that the company has had on their plate as of lately.

As for the Pandora issue if we are going to split hairs here then really the only increase was the one on the family plans and lets face it that needed to be done or at least limited to direct family members, because we all know what many were doing and they were taking advantge of a loop pole in the system. Nothing wrong with it but you cant bitch about something that really was not the intent of the family program in the first place. Its kind of like people getting mad at Directv for stopping them from using the multiple reciever plan in a way that allows two different houses from sharing one plan. So in the end SIRIXM also still had its original satellite service for the same price .

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 02:12 PM #70
    I see how this works now,i posted about the patient being dead and they jump out of the .3350 channell,ok so with that theory in place,i want .40 by
    2:30pm,now do it..Think they are reading over my shoulder!!!

Page 7 of 10 ... 56789 ...