Page 6 of 10 ... 45678 ...
    Mentor
    06-04-2009, 12:07 PM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    Funny, I went to satwaves this morning and continue to be amazed at what anyone sees in that site.

To start, Dominic/Brandon/CRFCEO wrote a fairly ignorant piece on the performance royalty bill which is likely to be blocked in Congress now (which I wont get in to for obvious reasons... but lets just say that he conveniently left out pertinent facts... and have very different opinions on the whole matter).

Meanwhile, in response to Brandon, another poster (not me) commented in what I thought was an intelligent response to the other side of the story -- and what was Brandon's response later in the thread? An overt threat to the guy! Seriously??? He literally responded by commenting on where the guy was writing from, asking him how the weather is there... and going out of his way to demonstrate that he had power over everyone else -- in what I believe was done in an overtly threatening manner. That if Brandon doesn't agree with you -- he'll post your IP address and where you're from.

Really? And Brandon dares question censorship issues with this site? Does he not realize the damage of making posts like that can have -- and the chilling effects it has on debate, dialogue and discourse? That is the NUMBER ONE reason I will never particpate on his site... and that is the abuse of power that Brandon has demonstrated that he has no problem wielding. The first time he wouldn't agree with me on something -- out will come the, "I know your IP address and where you post from" crap...

I just don't get how some of you go to that site... knowing full well who Dominic/Brandon/CRFCEO really is, what he has done in the past and what he is capable of doing... especially with running his own site. You'd be surprised at how much a webmaster can learn and know about board particpants, by having their IP address and registration info.

I know... I've webmastered my own board before. But like those on this site -- I've never made threats nor abused that power like this guy has. That is disingenuous and a no-no for a website owner.

Okay, I'm off my high-horse and sorry for changing the subject. I just saw that this morning and thought, "what a punk".... I had to get it off my chest.

-----------
    Agree Homer whole heartedly,saw that when he posted a link and he conveniently erased the post he was mentioning in the link,guess he thought better about it..but i go there for the giggles and good posters like ASM,SL and Cos as well as a few others,Sheree choirgirl,beach,killer,...
    Never limit my self to info,bad or good,and it's a good source of what Day traders are thinking which indicatres SP sentiment since we have so many retail investors in this stock right now..
    But they will figure it out by themselves as we did here...

06-04-2009, 12:12 PM #52
    so next week, the Ihpone app is coming out, the movie Stock Shock is coming with SiriusXM as the main character and the Apple digital conference is going on at the same time. Hope any of this can bring an influx of new investors to the table and push this stock up... WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

Guru
    06-04-2009, 12:12 PM #53
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    Funny, I went to satwaves this morning and continue to be amazed at what anyone sees in that site.

To start, Dominic/Brandon/CRFCEO wrote a fairly ignorant piece on the performance royalty bill which is likely to be blocked in Congress now (which I wont get in to for obvious reasons... but lets just say that he conveniently left out pertinent facts... and have very different opinions on the whole matter).

Meanwhile, in response to Brandon, another poster (not me) commented in what I thought was an intelligent response to the other side of the story -- and what was Brandon's response later in the thread? An overt threat to the guy! Seriously??? He literally responded by commenting on where the guy was writing from, asking him how the weather is there... and going out of his way to demonstrate that he had power over everyone else -- in what I believe was done in an overtly threatening manner. That if Brandon doesn't agree with you -- he'll post your IP address and where you're from.

Really? And Brandon dares question censorship issues with this site? Does he not realize the damage of making posts like that can have -- and the chilling effects it has on debate, dialogue and discourse? That is the NUMBER ONE reason I will never particpate on his site... and that is the abuse of power that Brandon has demonstrated that he has no problem wielding. The first time he wouldn't agree with me on something -- out will come the, "I know your IP address and where you post from" crap...

I just don't get how some of you go to that site... knowing full well who Dominic/Brandon/CRFCEO really is, what he has done in the past and what he is capable of doing... especially with running his own site. You'd be surprised at how much a webmaster can learn and know about board particpants, by having their IP address and registration info.

I know... I've webmastered my own board before. But like those on this site -- I've never made threats nor abused that power like this guy has. That is disingenuous and a no-no for a website owner.

Okay, I'm off my high-horse and sorry for changing the subject. I just saw that this morning and thought, "what a punk".... I had to get it off my chest.

-----------

It is funny but that is exactly the reason I dont like registering for very much and why I took a long time to even regester here. I like to get a sense of the people running the site first. I have no problem with them knowing where I am from, just the fact of being able to get information that may lead them to having access to other information that leads them to financial accounts I have, that dont like the thought of. I watch the shows on how people can gain access to accounts from having the most basic information.

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 12:16 PM #54
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    It is funny but that is exactly the reason I dont like registering for very much and why I took a long time to even regester here. I like to get a sense of the people running the site first. I have no problem with them knowing where I am from, just the fact of being able to get information that may lead them to having access to other information that leads them to financial accounts I have, that dont like the thought of. I watch the shows on how people can gain access to accounts from having the most basic information.
    I cover myself about that too,i use an internet only P.C with nothing else on it,you ncan hack away,nothing personal on here...also don't register alot of places for said reasons John

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 12:30 PM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post

P.S.SXM music channels already are bundled with Direct TV and XM with Dish,but they are working on deals to make full content of SXM available to Direct-TV in future
    correction johnny --- directv = XM stations, dish= SIRIUS

Enthusiast
    06-04-2009, 12:30 PM #56
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    The OEMs get a revenue share reguardless and it is the same amount weather it was picked up right after the promo or turn off and then turn back on by a totally different owner. That is the other part of the problem I have with the OEM deals. By the way, I also remember seeing people talk about why doesn't SIRIXM do a free side of content (or just charge a buck a year) and just turn on all the radios, well there you go it would be hard to pay the 5 and 3 dollars each month to each OEM that is what there contract calls for, for each radio that is turned back on that was installed by a OEM, at least the big 3 anyway.
    Is this in perpetuity? I can understand this for some period of time, but at some point this must phase out. If not then maybe GM should should run a campaign to fire back up the millions of dormant SATRADs out there in used vehicles. It seems to be an annuity stream that is worth investing some effort.

Here is my creative puppy dog campaign: Turn on all the dormant radios and send out communication to vehicle owners letting them know they have SXM and to check it out. Do this for a month and run quick sign up promos on all stations. Systematically remove channel options every day after the first month, replacing with "If you would like to continue to enjoy this channel, please call SXM customer service at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Your going to get listeners hooked on some specific content and they will subscribe, because now they can justify all the additional channels as an extra value to the content they are willing to pay for.

I know SXM can specify the channels that dormant rads receive. I had it happen in one of my vehicles. You must give people a chance to really kick the tires if you expect them to appreciate what you have to offer.

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 12:46 PM #57
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    correction johnny --- directv = XM stations, dish= SIRIUS
    thanks,see told you not always correct,but too lazy at time to look it up..
    but gist was there..

Guru
    06-04-2009, 12:47 PM #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    Is this in perpetuity? I can understand this for some period of time, but at some point this must phase out. If not then maybe GM should should run a campaign to fire back up the millions of dormant SATRADs out there in used vehicles. It seems to be an annuity stream that is worth investing some effort.

Here is my creative puppy dog campaign: Turn on all the dormant radios and send out communication to vehicle owners letting them know they have SXM and to check it out. Do this for a month and run quick sign up promos on all stations. Systematically remove channel options every day after the first month, replacing with "If you would like to continue to enjoy this channel, please call SXM customer service at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Your going to get listeners hooked on some specific content and they will subscribe, because now they can justify all the additional channels as an extra value to the content they are willing to pay for.

I know SXM can specify the channels that dormant rads receive. I had it happen in one of my vehicles. You must give people a chance to really kick the tires if you expect them to appreciate what you have to offer.

Hey I am not saying that there could not be a future contract that limits this and I would think it would be redone, now that SIRIXM is in more of the drivers seat. The problem is for right now I have not seen anything yet that says that is what is going to happen with new contracts and until that happens we will be stuck with a subscriber based SIRIXM and at a rate high enough that SIRIXM can at least break even at some point. A good example of this is when XMSR raised their rate from 9.99 to 12.95 the 5 dollars given to GM stayed the same at 5 dollars.

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 01:18 PM #59
    just got an email from sirius, best of both for $2...heres the limits/restrictions
    * OFFER DETAILS: New and existing retail subscribers only. Subscribe to "SIRIUS Everything Plus The Best of XM" by 7/28/09, for a Quarterly Plan or longer (excluding 5-Year and Lifetime Plans) and get savings equivalent to 50% off "The Best Of" benefit (a minimum $6.06 value based upon standard retail value of $4.04/month). Maximum discount offered is one full year of savings ($24.24). Available online or by calling SIRIUS.
    ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Activation fee of $15 required, other fees, and taxes may apply. Service will automatically renew for additional periods of the same length as the Plan you choose, at the then current renewal rate unless you cancel. Cannot be combined with any other offer. This offer may be modified or terminated at any time. Pricing and programming are subject to change. Subscriptions governed, as applicable, by the SIRIUS Terms & Conditions, available at irius.com/serviceterms. SIRIUS Radio U.S. service only available in the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia.

Head Honcho
    06-04-2009, 01:29 PM #60
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    You shoulkd feel honored Charles,only go to SA,BUZZ and SATwaves for info,oh also my RSS feed at aol Finance...for related stories..
    I am honored that anyone by who enjoys and visits this website to any extent... although I would be more honored if you you dropped 50% of the sites you visited and used us more exclusively . I don't think I am asking for too much... its not like I said, you can ONLY come here. Just here and one other place of your choice! See, I am reasonable.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 6 of 10 ... 45678 ...