Page 5 of 10 ... 34567 ...
    06-04-2009, 11:52 AM #41
    excellent posts guys, I too think the Iphone is only the first step.

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 11:52 AM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Well as for the global part the spectrum can not be used in Europe and the SIRI satellite constellation would not reach it even if it could. As for the internet part it would be possible except you need a USA address to subscribe (I think that has to deal with the nightmare concerning billing in different countrys) but because the Iphone has that already taken care of with the downloads it would be possible, I guess.

P.S. sorry JohnnyIrishXM did not read your reply before I did could have saved time.
    No problem,I'm not Homer,my facts are not always right and off the cuff of aa bad memory problem,but thanks for the reaffirment...

06-04-2009, 11:54 AM #43
    technology moves fast, you just have to move faster!!!!!!

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 11:56 AM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Seems to make sense then John to focus on non sat radio delivery. And newer contracts(that chart illustrated by Mel showing smarter penetration) would be key going forward. Im excited to realize this new age of SirusXM as Demian, Tyler, and Steve have been writing about lately. Iphone is only the first step. WiFI capabilities in all future radios is huge too. This removes them, If im not mistaken, from contractual issues regarding dead radios.(They will simply phase out old models, maybe even making them impossible to activate. Simply make them dead, and stay dead. Chalk it up to a bad contract made in desperate times.

Tim....
    Any word on Hughes and their conference this week?
    Relmor,who the heck is selling here,know the buyers are bottom guessers of the Dips and POPS guys but for the life of me can't figure why a limit sell order is in now..Unless it is MM's with fake sells lined up from what they bought at .28 to .33 range..

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 11:56 AM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by elm2729 View Post
    Real winners in tech "jump" to the next big thing. If you miss the party, be early to the next one. Att is late to this party. Seems interesting to enter the entertainment market right now. I think they make the best fit for a SiriusXM buyout one day. Probably after the tax loss is reset. What did Homer say? November of 2011, and not a day before? Sounds good to me. IN the mean time, they will see what they can do on their own. DirectTV, SiriusXM, AT&T..... That is a powerful media trifecta.

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 11:58 AM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by elm2729 View Post
    True sometimes,but i'd rather be last and perfect, than first and Buggy.IMHO

06-04-2009, 11:58 AM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    You shoulkd feel honored Charles,only go to SA,BUZZ and SATwaves for info,oh also my RSS feed at aol Finance...for related stories..
    Funny, I went to satwaves this morning and continue to be amazed at what anyone sees in that site.

To start, Dominic/Brandon/CRFCEO wrote a fairly ignorant piece on the performance royalty bill which is likely to be blocked in Congress now (which I wont get in to for obvious reasons... but lets just say that he conveniently left out pertinent facts... and have very different opinions on the whole matter).

Meanwhile, in response to Brandon, another poster (not me) commented in what I thought was an intelligent response to the other side of the story -- and what was Brandon's response later in the thread? An overt threat to the guy! Seriously??? He literally responded by commenting on where the guy was writing from, asking him how the weather is there... and going out of his way to demonstrate that he had power over everyone else -- in what I believe was done in an overtly threatening manner. That if Brandon doesn't agree with you -- he'll post your IP address and where you're from.

Really? And Brandon dares question censorship issues with this site? Does he not realize the damage of making posts like that can have -- and the chilling effects it has on debate, dialogue and discourse? That is the NUMBER ONE reason I will never particpate on his site... and that is the abuse of power that Brandon has demonstrated that he has no problem wielding. The first time he wouldn't agree with me on something -- out will come the, "I know your IP address and where you post from" crap...

I just don't get how some of you go to that site... knowing full well who Dominic/Brandon/CRFCEO really is, what he has done in the past and what he is capable of doing... especially with running his own site. You'd be surprised at how much a webmaster can learn and know about board particpants, by having their IP address and registration info.

I know... I've webmastered my own board before. But like those on this site -- I've never made threats nor abused that power like this guy has. That is disingenuous and a no-no for a website owner.

Okay, I'm off my high-horse and sorry for changing the subject. I just saw that this morning and thought, "what a punk".... I had to get it off my chest.

-----------

Guru
    06-04-2009, 11:59 AM #48
    Seems to make sense then John to focus on non sat radio delivery. And newer contracts(that chart illustrated by Mel showing smarter penetration) would be key going forward. Im excited to realize this new age of SirusXM as Demian, Tyler, and Steve have been writing about lately. Iphone is only the first step. WiFI capabilities in all future radios is huge too. This removes them, If im not mistaken, from contractual issues regarding dead radios.(They will simply phase out old models, maybe even making them impossible to activate. Simply make them dead, and stay dead. Chalk it up to a bad contract made in desperate times.

Thats one of the reasons I have always hated the OEM penitration rate going up so fast. It cut the need out for retail which they got every red cent the subscriber paid. Basically while they got the radios out it cost them big time for it. I am not saying that I would never like to see the penitration rate go to 90% just that it should wait till the cost are down first that they should wait till revenue share contracts are more reasonable. Lets face it they did what they did to beat each other to the punch to get each OEM but they did not need the penitration rates that high.

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 11:59 AM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Relmor,who the heck is selling here,know the buyers are bottom guessers of the Dips and POPS guys but for the life of me can't figure why a limit sell order is in now..Unless it is MM's with fake sells lined up from what they bought at .28 to .33 range..
    Volume says no one. You get your few sellers in the morning, preset to sell, etc.... Today is a sell date for Insiders. 6/4/09. That didnt help. MM's grabbed them at the open I think. MM's are buying and selling a bit back and forth. Did you notice yesterday the greedy MM's kept tipping their hand at .32 and .31. They kept jumping each others bids. Hiding, only coming out at is approached .32. Such bastards. The MM's are heavy buyers here, just no shares. This thing is going up sooner than later.

Mentor
    06-04-2009, 11:59 AM #50
    Real winners in tech "jump" to the next big thing. If you miss the party, be early to the next one. Att is late to this party. Seems interesting to enter the entertainment market right now. I think they make the best fit for a SiriusXM buyout one day. Probably after the tax loss is reset. What did Homer say? November of 2011, and not a day before? Sounds good to me. IN the mean time, they will see what they can do on their own. DirectTV, SiriusXM, AT&T..... That is a powerful media trifecta.

3 years from date of merger,July 31 2011,coincidentally when most of SXM debt is paid for...

Page 5 of 10 ... 34567 ...