Page 3 of 17 1234513 ...
    06-02-2009, 10:23 AM #21
    Well...... I will research and see why a company shows something as stupid as this as a "good" thing. This stock IS going to go up..........someday. Maybe 2012.Right Mel? 1 dollar by the end of summer? Wishful thinking. Whats your point? "A Fool Looks Back" making negative comments is going to make a stock go UP? Now that's something I don't get.

Guru
    06-02-2009, 10:26 AM #22
    hey stkdn, sell your shares and move on. stop bashing a stock becuase it doesnt do what u want it to. sell it and find a new stock to bitch about when it doesnt make u rich.

Enthusiast
    06-02-2009, 10:27 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Yeah, the headline on a piece on TheStreet.com is absurd (GM bankruptcy dooms Sirius) and not supported in any way by the video interview. It is so f'n irresponsible of this guy Scott Moritz it is sickening. What an a$$hole. so unprofessional. No place on the webpage to leave a comment...too bad...I have a lot to say. Jerk.
    http://www.thestreet.com/_aol/video/...=1#24982546001

True but you can email him, I did and he did reply. You can find his email by clicking on his name in the following article from yesterday.

http://www.thestreet.com/_email/stor...r-of-the-day-s
    irius-gm.html

Addict
    06-02-2009, 10:32 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by stkdn View Post
    Well...... I will research and see why a company shows something as stupid as this as a "good" thing. This stock IS going to go up..........someday. Maybe 2012.Right Mel? 1 dollar by the end of summer? Wishful thinking. Whats your point? "A Fool Looks Back" making negative comments is going to make a stock go UP? Now that's something I don't get.
    Seems to be a lot of people on this site who want to believe this stock will reach the "MAGIC" number 1 dollar and in short order. They use any logic to
    meet their thesis. Certainly dont get it though we all WISH the target was reachable soon.

Addict
    06-02-2009, 10:37 AM #25
    Yeah, it is a bit of wishful thinking...but I think there's some basis in fact. We hit .63 on nothing....no news...nothing. In fact, everyone was expecting neg sub growth, and it shot up anyway. Why? who knows! So, if this thing can go from .05 to .63 in a matter of weeks, it can climb to $1 with some good, positive news, like success with iPhone app rollout, perhaps a deal with MLB for Sirius, and improved financials via cost cutting and merger synergies.

Addict
    06-02-2009, 10:39 AM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Lloyd we somewhat get your point,even though it is very generic in a forrest Gump type way,but do you understand history or Economic theory in the 20th century in the US.?it is alot more complicated than GM Mgt f'ed up...
    That was my original point. its all a lot more complicated than a lot people say. but to deny that ten years ago one couldn't see the downward direction
    of GM is to deny an obvious truth. Sorry.
    We seem to be stuck in ideological battle instead of real understanding.As i
    pointed out that was one SMALL (you can call it Forrest Gump if you like) point about the past. There are so MANY others. I lived through it, experienced it and read about. I am heading to Detroit to continue working on a documentary'
    about infrastructure and energy.

Guru
    06-02-2009, 10:42 AM #27
    American auto industry was ruined because of reliability. If you think its energy your just a tree hugger.

Mentor
    06-02-2009, 10:44 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    That was my original point. its all a lot more complicated than a lot people say. but to deny that ten years ago one couldn't see the downward direction
    of GM is to deny an obvious truth. Sorry.
    We seem to be stuck in ideological battle instead of real understanding.As i
    pointed out that was one SMALL (you can call it Forrest Gump if you like) point about the past. There are so MANY others. I lived through it, experienced it and read about. I am heading to Detroit to continue working on a documentary'
    about infrastructure and energy.
    I too have lived through this very same thing in the 70's,Chrysler needed gov't money then and we came out better for it in the long haul,but not like this with all the take overs is crazy...History has repeated itself as usual..
    Do you remember the K cars? and lines for Gas depending on the last digit of your license plate,odd on one and even on the next...

P.S.I hope the documentary tells how it will take estimated 3 trillion dollars for that infrastructure to change over to a new cleaner energy,everyone new this in the 70's when it was 100 billion then.
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 06-02-2009 at 10:47 AM.

Enthusiast
    06-02-2009, 10:46 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Yeah, the headline on a piece on TheStreet.com is absurd (GM bankruptcy dooms Sirius) and not supported in any way by the video interview. It is so f'n irresponsible of this guy Scott Moritz it is sickening. What an a$$hole. so unprofessional. No place on the webpage to leave a comment...too bad...I have a lot to say. Jerk.
    http://www.thestreet.com/_aol/video/...=1#24982546001
    This is the teaser description: Scott Moritz, TheStreet.com's senior technology writer, breaks down the impact of GM's bankruptcy on Sirius XM Radio's business.

I didn't hear any breakdown of impact. Do people listen to this guy at all? He says "I didn't talk to anyone at the company about what financial impact GM's bankruptcy might have on the company." Oh well hell, lets not worry about getting the facts before we express gloom. He acts like GM will not sell any vehicles this year. What an irresponsible analyst. I am convinced that people are profiting from beating down SIRI stock and would prefer it to stay below a dollar to take advantage of the swings.

06-02-2009, 10:48 AM #30
    Mr.trippingthespeculatingpos.........Seems as though I am the one getting Bashed here. I just made a post,like everyone else.You are right,I want to be rich....don't you? This company should be making money,with all the subs and Liberty throwing them a lifeline,and this and that. Mel K is sleeping. GM is to blame now......right? Throw that into the mix.If they had a CEO, ANY CEO should have been able to see this, Right? This is bashing????

Page 3 of 17 1234513 ...