Page 8 of 17 ... 678910 ...
    Addict
    06-01-2009, 10:48 AM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Sorry lloyd,your nuts if you think electric and car batteries are the answer,we can't even produce enough Elctricity now for all the tech gadgets we have and expanding population of new homes,ever heard of NIMBY?
    plus the polution it causes with coal...It will either be Hydogen or Natural gas.
    Fuel cell cars way out there in time if ever. How long you quess before there will be 1 million fuel cell cars. 30 years or never? Put your number down
    Johnny. Pretty please? lol.
    In 10 years how many hybrid, hybrid electric, and electric cars will be on the road? Put your number down Johnny. A cherry on top.
    How much of our energy will come from solar, wind, geothermal in 20 years? You know what I am asking right?

I am going to pin you down on some specific facts if its the last thing i do in
    my life. Your a slippery lizard Johnnyirish.

I got to go to work but its been fun arguing with you dinosaurs.

Mentor
    06-01-2009, 10:50 AM #72
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Fuel cell cars way out there in time if ever. How long you quess before there will be 1 million fuel cell cars. 30 years or never? Put your number down
    In 10 years how many hybrid, hybrid electric, and electric cars will be on the road? Put your number down Johnny. A cherry on top.
    How much of our energy will come from solar, wind, geothermal in 20 years? You know what I am asking right?

No nmbers because it is still to be determined what energy it will be,but the fool do gooders will buy hybrids to trancend into new energy,whatever that is..

Addict
    06-01-2009, 10:51 AM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Ok, fair enough. But what would you have done differently 5 years ago as a GM CEO to have avoided this? I say theres nothing they could have done.
    5 years ago it was probably baked in the cake. On the other hand i would never say never. Got to go to work. See you around.

Mentor
    06-01-2009, 10:53 AM #74

Yes it was enlightening ,now get on that MOPED and slowly get to work at the think tank to invent our new energy!!!

Guru
    06-01-2009, 10:53 AM #75
    No! Your nuttier.
    Sorry, but the writing was on the wall with regard to the auto industry.
    I am no rocket scientist and was talking about it years ago and not for the
    self serving reasons you stated. I love the fact that you blame the govt for blocking oil exploration. Very funny stuff. The facts show that oil companies had plenty of areas to explore and ACTUALLY chose not to because of economics. Good ole fashion capitalism at work.
    it interesting that no where in ANY of your arguments do you EVER acknowledge that a business like GM with all the advantages it had MESSED
    UP. Blame it on everyone but the people running the business. That is some
    pretty funny crap."IDS

Thats funny because first of all it was about 9 years ago all the analyst were getting on Toyota and alike about not getting into the SUV market and seeing that market long before now (about 9 years ago). Second So are you saying the oil companies should have gone after the more difficult oil that cost more to get it out first. Thats the same load of crap the democrats are tying to pull by saying there are millions of acres that are approved for drilling but the oil companies are not doing it. They forget to mention the fields that are being developed are being held up by lawsuits filed by greenys and the rest of the areas there studies show there is not any or enough oil in to make it worth developing. Now you may make since if there were not plenty of other areas where there is plenty of oil to make it economical to develope that the government is stopping them from drilling in. Your problem with your argument is you want the oil companies to do what you are compaining about the auto companies doing. That makes about as much since as being for abortion and against the death penalty.

Enthusiast
    06-01-2009, 10:54 AM #76
    Simple. More cars sold in the future of the hybrid, hybrid electric and electric type; the more excitement around new technology; the more SiriusXM looks to
    the future and keeps ahead of the crowd the richer and happier we will all be.

How's is that?
    Given the fact that everyone (or most everyone here) is stuck on this GM thing, that's about all we can expect today.

I'll check back tomorrow.

Addict
    06-01-2009, 10:54 AM #77
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    No nmbers because it is still to be determined what energy it will be,but the fool do gooders will buy hybrids to trancend into new energy,whatever that is..
    JohnnyIrish you are officially voted the slipperiest DINOSAUR in the Wooorrrrlllddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddd!

Have a nice day.

Mentor
    06-01-2009, 10:56 AM #78
    Well on Level2 it is 6300 sells to 1700 buys....buyers have slightly raised their bids from Friday a penny or 2 and slowly walking it up here,but no real market orders yet..

06-01-2009, 10:57 AM #79
    i know this is off topic a bit, but can anyone explain the behavior of GM stock today?

could have made a killing so far today if i was brave enough.

man, it is frustrating watching a stock go from .50 to 1.00 in an hour and not be in on it!!

Enthusiast
    06-01-2009, 11:02 AM #80
    You are funny.
    THIS WAS ALWAYS THE KIND OF BANKRUPTCY THAT WAS BEING TALKED
    ABOUT.
    Remember Chrysler? Govt was always talking about a quick bankruptcy but
    if you need to feel better about your predictions go right ahead.
    You mean what the media is calling it. IT is not a bankruptcy in the terms of what bankruptcy laws demand. Rule of law is gone in my opinion.

Page 8 of 17 ... 678910 ...