Page 11 of 17 ... 910111213 ...
    Mentor
    06-01-2009, 12:51 PM #101
    Quote Originally Posted by stkdn View Post
    Relmor 2003...With you knowledge of this stock,and it is well noted,with well over 1300 posts...... just on this site. With Ford UP, Gm UP, and the market UP over 200 points,it sure seem a bit strange to a guy like me, that this great potential of a stock can't "Run" with the boys. Sorry ....but true.
    Reason is we are a penny stock,sad but true right now...most companies have 60-80% Institutional investors who buy and hold,but with this SP at .35 most are forbidden(Mutual funds) from buying it by their investment by-laws.
    Hence we are only at 40% institutional(Mutual funds,private funds,Hedger's)..
    So when the market soars it is because of Blue chip companies being bought by Big money,where as when market is stagnant or down some will look for cheap stock to make short term profit...Generic explaination and not end all but relevant..

Guru
    06-01-2009, 12:51 PM #102
    well stkdn if the market was that straight forward we would all be millionaires, but its not so just hang in there or sell and move on.

Mentor
    06-01-2009, 01:07 PM #103
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    well stkdn if the market was that straight forward we would all be millionaires, but its not so just hang in there or sell and move on.
    Tripp,are you leaving to start your own site when you become the top poster as the other radio winning guys did...Are you getting a radio for most post?

You can call it TRippingthePOS.com...

Mentor
    06-01-2009, 01:14 PM #104
    On the SiriusXM side tho,i think this week is one of the most important short term weeks for the SP.Why you ask? Because IMHO the only real good news of value for a couple of months should be coming out next tuesday or wednesday(educated guess on my part) the I-Phone APP..
    If so and word leaks as it always does before us retailer's get it the SP should move up this week by Friday,most don't want to not ber in ,just in case it gets announced sunday night..

Now if we don't get a 25% spike on the APP IMHO we will stay stagnant for quite some time in .30 to .40 range...Just an educated guess on my part,but how i feel it will go..

06-01-2009, 01:17 PM #105
    Mr.trippingthespeculatingpos .....with well over 2200 posts on this stock it would seem that you would have a better explanation as to why this stock is not moving along with things. I want it to. Thank you for your opinion,but really,selling is not my option. Sorry if my remarks offend you and or others on this site,but from what I am seeing today,this stock is going to finish in the red again. This really should not be happening. Not with a market that is chugging it's way out of a hole,not to mention the "windows" of opportunity that Siri has been given. Mel K. really needs to be given another job.

Guru
    06-01-2009, 01:19 PM #106
    off the dj newswire no link

Liberty Media's (LMCB) bailout of Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) saved Sirius shareholders their shirts. But it's stuffed the wallets of Liberty shareholders.
    At least, that is, shareholders in Liberty Capital, the tracking stock that reflects the Sirius interest. Liberty Capital shares have more than doubled since the February deal with the satellite radio broadcaster. But Liberty Capital is still cheap.
    Consider the terms of the Sirius deal. Liberty is getting a steep 15% interest rate on its $530 million loan to the satellite radio concern. In addition, Liberty received preferred stock convertible into 40% of Sirius.
    The Sirius stock price, as low as 6 cents in February, is now around 35 cents. So Liberty's preferreds, which cost the company just $12,500, are now worth more than $900 million. Including the loan, the Sirius interest is worth roughly $15 for each Liberty Capital share - slightly more than Liberty Capital's stock price.
    And that doesn't include other assets reflected by Liberty Capital, including the Atlanta Braves baseball team and stock in Time Warner (TWX).
    Given investor dislike of tracking stocks, Liberty Capital likely won't ever realize its true value. One solution: for Liberty to spin out the Sirius interest into a separate company - perhaps called Liberty Radio.
    Admittedly, that would re-create a level of complexity that became an issue with another Liberty investment, in DirecTV (DTV). Liberty is resolving that by merging its DirecTV stake into the satellite TV firm. Sirius could ultimately take similar action. In the meantime, who could be surprised by the birth of yet another Liberty?

Guru
    06-01-2009, 01:22 PM #107
    it be nice if ur iq was = to the amount of posts u have, but unfortunately thats not the case heh. the way siri works is it does not move when u expect it, if every1 is expecting it to move it wont till people stop expecting it. we will finish green though, and i disagree johnny the real good news that is ignored is in the improved metrics, which every1 is ignoring but i think that has more to do with this little bit of buying interest.

06-01-2009, 01:31 PM #108
    It's funny that the one argument we all use to defend Sirius XM is the word "content".

But when the topic of American vs Import (german, japanese, etc.) cars comes about, the one word nobody uses is "content".

JMHO. YMMV and all that.

Guru
    06-01-2009, 01:34 PM #109
    lunch is over and it lookslike the buyers are back, hmm who predicted that 1? heh now time for them to go away and make me look dumb

06-01-2009, 01:46 PM #110
    Quote Originally Posted by stkdn View Post
    Mr.trippingthespeculatingpos .....with well over 2200 posts on this stock it would seem that you would have a better explanation as to why this stock is not moving along with things. I want it to. Thank you for your opinion,but really,selling is not my option. Sorry if my remarks offend you and or others on this site,but from what I am seeing today,this stock is going to finish in the red again. This really should not be happening. Not with a market that is chugging it's way out of a hole,not to mention the "windows" of opportunity that Siri has been given. Mel K. really needs to be given another job.
    GO AWAY....You have not provided enough relevant information. The guys on this site (not me), have been here for a while now and no their stuff. Either sit back and take the large gains in the future, or GO AWAY and stop being negative.

Page 11 of 17 ... 910111213 ...