Page 15 of 17 ... 51314151617
    06-01-2009, 10:01 PM #141
    Good article. Wouldn't that be great if his $10+ prediction
    came true. Who wrote it, or where did you find it?

Julie

Guru
    06-01-2009, 10:35 PM #142
    http://www.thedeal.com/dealscape/200...d_by_gm_fi.php

its from here julie its actually a comment at the bottom.

06-01-2009, 10:42 PM #143
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    http://www.thedeal.com/dealscape/200...d_by_gm_fi.php

its from here julie its actually a comment at the bottom.
    Thanks Tripp. I hope his positive outlook will be right on.

Addict
    06-01-2009, 11:55 PM #144
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    As long as oil is cheaper than 'new non-fossil fuel' technology, it is king. And, China? The biggest polluter and human rights violator on earth. But, now they're the darling of the green movement? And Europe...they suck too. Greenies always point to the Europeans as the model (lovers, not fighters, natl health care, workers councils, little cars, etc,.....except for nuke power, which Europe, especially the French, have embraced. And, they spend very little on defense because they all depend on the hated US to save their sorry asses.....again.
    If we would unfetter our nuke power industry, we would have all the cheap electric power needed for those hybrid/electric cars. But, if market floods with electric cars, the demand for elec power would be huge, and where would it come from? Without nukes, it would come from fossil fuels....net gain to environment 0, or maybe even minus. Hydrogen fuel cell....that would be awesome....someday. But not in a long while. So, what do we do NOW? And, mandating better gas mileage....BS.....just encourages people drive MORE and use the same or even more fuel! There's a crossover point I suppose, when mileage improvement would actually cause the total use of less fuel, but it's not at 35 mpg. That won't do a damn thing to curtail fuel consumption. Probably around 100 mpg or something extremely high. Total hocus pocus from the left.
    China is not the darling of the Green movement. just because you say its so
    doesnt make it true. I have traveled to China several times over the years
    and know more than you do what the pollution levels are like over there.
    They are doing what i would give anything to stop and that is using coal as their main form of energy.
    Environmentalists point to China as the last chance to stop further damage to our planet. 1 billion gas guzzling cars would be a disaster and thats why
    people cheer the possiblility that electric cars might become a big part of their market. You know absolutely nothing about what you are talking about
    and i am kind of disgusted by your ridiculous disinformation campaign. when
    do you ever care about pollution levels in this country or anywhere else. You
    are probably the type that has always doubted the concept of global warming. I quess you didnt read the recent (Saturday or Sunday NY times)
    article about a new generation Nuclear plant in Finland being built by the
    French that Is WAY over budget and having lots of problems. Read it and
    educate yourself about the truth for once.

06-02-2009, 12:47 AM #145
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    China is not the darling of the Green movement. just because you say its so
    doesnt make it true. I have traveled to China several times over the years
    and know more than you do what the pollution levels are like over there.
    They are doing what i would give anything to stop and that is using coal as their main form of energy.
    Environmentalists point to China as the last chance to stop further damage to our planet. 1 billion gas guzzling cars would be a disaster and thats why
    people cheer the possiblility that electric cars might become a big part of their market. You know absolutely nothing about what you are talking about
    and i am kind of disgusted by your ridiculous disinformation campaign. when
    do you ever care about pollution levels in this country or anywhere else. You
    are probably the type that has always doubted the concept of global warming. I quess you didnt read the recent (Saturday or Sunday NY times)
    article about a new generation Nuclear plant in Finland being built by the
    French that Is WAY over budget and having lots of problems. Read it and
    educate yourself about the truth for once.
    Yes, educate yourself!!!

http://clubs.ccsu.edu/Recorder/edito...asp?NewsID=188

Building a Toyota Prius causes more environmental damage than a Hummer that is on the road for three times longer than a Prius. As already noted, the Prius is partly driven by a battery which contains nickel. The nickel is mined and smelted at a plant in Sudbury, Ontario. This plant has caused so much environmental damage to the surrounding environment that NASA has used the ‘dead zone’ around the plant to test moon rovers. The area around the plant is devoid of any life for miles.

The plant is the source of all the nickel found in a Prius’ battery and Toyota purchases 1,000 tons annually. Dubbed the Superstack, the plague-factory has spread sulfur dioxide across northern Ontario, becoming every environmentalist’s nightmare.

“The acid rain around Sudbury was so bad it destroyed all the plants and the soil slid down off the hillside,” said Canadian Greenpeace energy-coordinator David Martin during an interview with Mail, a British-based newspaper.

Addict
    06-02-2009, 01:30 AM #146
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Yes, educate yourself!!!

http://clubs.ccsu.edu/Recorder/edito...asp?NewsID=188

Building a Toyota Prius causes more environmental damage than a Hummer that is on the road for three times longer than a Prius. As already noted, the Prius is partly driven by a battery which contains nickel. The nickel is mined and smelted at a plant in Sudbury, Ontario. This plant has caused so much environmental damage to the surrounding environment that NASA has used the ‘dead zone’ around the plant to test moon rovers. The area around the plant is devoid of any life for miles.

The plant is the source of all the nickel found in a Prius’ battery and Toyota purchases 1,000 tons annually. Dubbed the Superstack, the plague-factory has spread sulfur dioxide across northern Ontario, becoming every environmentalist’s nightmare.

“The acid rain around Sudbury was so bad it destroyed all the plants and the soil slid down off the hillside,” said Canadian Greenpeace energy-coordinator David Martin during an interview with Mail, a British-based newspaper.
    If you Seriously believe that the Prius is more damaging to the environment than the Hummer you are beyond looney tunes.
    I suppose that is why every environmental organization (including Greenpeace by the way) wants the automobile industry to move away from gas guzzlers to hybrids, hybrid electrics and full electrics. Educate yourself please.
    The facts are there are better and worse choices no perfect choices.
    If you supported GM and the Hummer mentality then its no wonder that
    you continue too push your ideological rigidity on the world

So what you are saying is that if you were running the world and GM your
    product of choice would be the Hummer? Funny because GM is about to unload the brand in a fire sale.

Addict
    06-02-2009, 01:39 AM #147

Smile heads stuck in the sand

"On Jan. 21, 1988 a General Motors executive named Elmer Johnson wrote a
    brave and prophetic memo. its main point was contined in the sentence.'We
    have vastly underestimated how deeply ingrained are the organizational and cultural rigidities that hamper our ability to execute"

David Brooks - "over the last five decades, this company has progressively lost touch with car buyers, especially the educated car buyers who flock to
    European and Japanese brands. Over five decades this company has tolerated labor practices that seem insane to outsiders. Over these decades, it has tolerated bureaucratic structujres that repel top talent. it has evaded the relentless quality focus that has helped companies like Toyota prosper. As a
    result GM has steadily lost US market share, from 54% to 19%.

The point is that anyone who believes this GM result wasnt knowable 10 years ago has got their heads stuck in the sand.

06-02-2009, 02:47 AM #148

brain dead!!!

If you Seriously believe that the Prius is more damaging to the environment than the Hummer you are beyond looney tunes.
    I suppose that is why every environmental organization (including Greenpeace by the way) wants the automobile industry to move away from gas guzzlers to hybrids, hybrid electrics and full electrics. Educate yourself please.

product of choice would be the Hummer? Funny because GM is about to unload the brand in a fire sale.
    Its not what I believe, I don't care nor will I change my habits either, but what many others do believe. If you actually read the article, green peace is mentioned, big dummy!!! Here is another opinion piece. http://hubpages.com/hub/Prius

First of all, prove to me that global warming is real, and not just cyclical sun cycles!!!
    YOU CANNOT!! You can only pump out opinions, no facts!!!
    http://www.climatepolice.com/

Second of all, I do educate myself, you are clearly not a mechanic, nor do you have any back round in said industry. You might want to look into the turbo, and how it has improved the diesel engine over the years. You march around the site and tell everyone else to go get educated, you are no friend to our country, and Constitution, but you are a joke!! You may want to educate yourself on history to begin with. Start by asking Russia how things are going over there.

Third of all, I was calling for GM, BK months ago, no bailout money, no nothing, let them fail. Free markets always determine this.

Fourth, no one wants to buy these tin foil death traps, so now they are going to artificially inflate fuel prices through taxes and other means. Forcing people to buy this crap. http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009...rillin/?page=2 I will not, especially when you get crushed in your tin foil car, then when you go to the hospital, your own government will decide if you are worth saving or not through national health care.

Honestly, you people are so self righteous, hell you can't even save yourselves, let alone the planet. CO2 a pollutant? Give me a break!!! You think you can control and dictate everyone in order to create a utopia. Apparently you live in a fantasy world, word of advice, FACE REALITY!!

Oh, and your great progressive Al Gore, who I remind you, invented the internet, is heavily vested in this green agenda, along with GE and others whom seek to profit off of your stupidity.

I am not going to waste my time trying to convince any of you brain dead obama-bot zombies anymore!!! I will say this!!! Get the hell out of my country!!!!!

Everyone else, have a good night, and good luck trading!!!

Enthusiast
    06-02-2009, 06:08 AM #149

I hope you have a up day

Well lets see, tomorrow ford reports sales for may and so should the others.

I see volvo has a decent online area to help people through the activation process...and it even mentions the best of xm for four bucks.

and the telematics show begins today,i hope it brings good news that works for siriusxm and the current shareholders and traders.

Guru
    06-02-2009, 07:35 AM #150

lloyd Handwerker, you really need to get your head out of your ass. Every environmental organization (including Greenpeace by the way) loved the idea of ethenal until they realized it was worse for the environment then oil. Ho but we dont blame them for pushing it do we because their intentions were good thats all that matters isn't it. Forget the fact it caused people to die of starvation and take more energy to make then is put out. Conservatives told you nut jobs this many times but you thought we were crazy. Ho by the way how many of those people that said we cause global warming used to say we were headed for a ice age 20 years ago. You notice how I said "said" before thats because you better get up to speed with your wack job buddies because that term global warming has now changed to global climate change. You want to know why that is, well it is because the same people that used to say it was going to be warming are now saying it is going to get colder causing a new ice age. Cant blame them for that one though seeing how we are going to have lower temp. then normal for the next 12 to 20 years. You want to know why it is not because of us but guess why???????????? thats right the sun. You see the sun has 7 and 100 year cycles to it where it is less active and the 7 and 100 year cycle are hitting at the exact same time. I bet you did not know that just before the little ice age that ended in the 19 century the average temp. was higher then it is now. Just so you know that was in the 14th century, so I ask what industry did we have back then to cause the temp. to go up so mush? because I cant think of any.