Page 10 of 22 ... 8910111220 ...
    Mentor
    05-29-2009, 01:18 PM #91
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    1. There are more iphone users then sirius xm subscribers so people are clearly willing to pay.

2. $120 vs $14 makes no sense. Can I surf the internet on a sirius receiver? Can I make phone calls with Sirius? The iphone is something people are willing to pay for which happens to be able to stream music. It is not a music streaming device. It can be however, a music sotrage devie which makes it a double threat IMHO.
    Not yet with surfing,but i already do make calls with ON -Star on SXM in my GM blazer,i buy minutes and use the radio to do it..but Internet is coming with new GPS screens and DTV backseat mobil video.
    P.S. tim posted something about telematics with hughes and SXM and DTV doing something with extra Bandwidth with SATS..

Guru
    05-29-2009, 01:19 PM #92
    I see a lot of people already going for the unlimited package not to mention there were thousands of horror stories online about 5 figure cell phone bills because people didnt have the unlimited plans. From what I have seen, most real users (not the ones that want to look cool holding an iphone and only use it to make phone calls) already need the unlimited plan without even wanting to stream radio.

Which is why I don't want one... yet.

Charles, those are not the masses. I am talking about 30, 40, 50, million people.

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 01:20 PM #93
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    charles go to the slacker thread plz, you and ur 3g, okay wehn i find somebody using 3g to listen to music in their car i will let u know. now u sound like that nut cross dresser.
    Nope, I wish I could remove and delete charles comments from that thread, as its off topic. His pumping of slacker on that thread, is "off topic".

LOL

05-29-2009, 01:20 PM #94
    I see a lot of people already going for the unlimited package not to mention there were thousands of horror stories online about 5 figure cell phone bills because people didnt have the unlimited plans. From what I have seen, most real users (not the ones that want to look cool holding an iphone and only use it to make phone calls) already need the unlimited plan without even wanting to stream radio.

Which is why I don't want one... yet.
    The iPhone data plan IS UNLIMITED on any plan. You can pay for the 70$ month plan and get unlmited data and 450 minutes. You are talking about the unlimited MINUTES plan. Irrelevant if we're talking about streaming music.

YES, there will be extra charges for bandwith. Even 4g will take it up the a** if streaming music over the cell network becomes even bigger than it already is. NOTHING IS FREE. You either pay another $15/month to stream music over your phone, or 12.99/month for the best dam radio out there.

NO BRAINER

NOTE: KEEP ARGUING CAUSE SIRI IS ALMOST BACK TO .34 AS WE SPEAK. I THINK ALL THIS BITCHING IS WORKING. HAHA

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 01:21 PM #95
    bids being raised,we are approaching .34,may see .35 soon

Guru
    05-29-2009, 01:22 PM #96
    in other news siri broke .33 and is looking good, we might just regain the ground we loss here, im looking for at least a .34 cent close.

Addict
    05-29-2009, 01:22 PM #97
    1. There are more iphone users then sirius xm subscribers so people are clearly willing to pay.

2. $120 vs $14 makes no sense. Can I surf the internet on a sirius receiver? Can I make phone calls with Sirius? The iphone is something people are willing to pay for which happens to be able to stream music. It is not a music streaming device. It can be however, a music sotrage devie which makes it a double threat IMHO.
    You are correct Charles. Cell phones, particularly iPhone/smartphones, provide a lot of functionality. Bill Gates predicted it years ago....he said that whoever gets 'everything' in the phone, wins, because it's convenient for people. He was right, EXCEPT, he didn't discuss cost, nor was he talking about automobiles, nor was he talking about the transmission technology. He was focused on the device. So.....again....who is going to pay for the huge bandwidth required to support the MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of iPhone/smartphone audio/video streaming people? It won't be $120/month, that's for sure. AT&T's gotta eat too.

Addict
    05-29-2009, 01:24 PM #98
    Quote Originally Posted by debber1212 View Post

NOTE: KEEP ARGUING CAUSE SIRI IS ALMOST BACK TO .34 AS WE SPEAK. I THINK ALL THIS BITCHING IS WORKING. HAHA
    LOL!!! Good one!

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 01:24 PM #99
    Are you serious? A half dozen of my friends stream to their cars today. Todd from nicemac had the starplyr doing it on his iPhone and posted about it. I come here and drop of relevant pieces of news and I would just go away quitely after do so but I can not let these misconceptions be posted like fact. PEOPLE ARE STREAMING INTERNET RADIO TO THEIR CARS and one of my friends TO HIS MOTORCYCLE.
    If you know 6 people who do this, then your a nerd.

Enthusiast
    05-29-2009, 01:26 PM #100
    SIRI is going up while GM is down to 75 cents (and going lower?). Wow - very interesting that with what would usually be a downward pull on SIRI it is going up. Must be other ideas in people's minds to buoy it today. This will be an exciting close of market to watch today with what is going on with the OEMs and this being the last Friday of the month.

Page 10 of 22 ... 8910111220 ...