Page 15 of 22 ... 51314151617 ...
    Guru
    05-29-2009, 03:08 PM #141
    can u guys go to another topic plz

Enthusiast
    05-29-2009, 03:12 PM #142
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    This is what worries me, now the media is spreading the word about what I have been saying for months, you can stream 3g internet radio right to your cars speeakers. This is bad for Sirius XM.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052900753.html

Charles I'm with you on that area my first comment today was directed at that specific area and the Hughes telematics system, which Leon black controls via Apollo.

and i think hes one of the Sirius's broad members also!

as Hughes has stuck some deals with a couple of real movers and shakers in the content area and a company that tailor builds apps and software to deliver content via mobile platforms for many of the of the smart phones/cell phones that includes products for the iphone, android etc.

and these device interface directly with the new telematics platforms based on what im reading.

at one point black said he wanted to embed Sirius and maybe xm (during early 2007) I suspect a lot more on this issue will come out of the Detroit telematics conference which will be held on June 2nd and 3rd and will either tie directly into the apple iphone/smartphone concept and either benefit siriusxm in the long term or hurt badly based on what hughes and other telematics device markers plan with the oems as they clearly have content they plan to offer via these partnerships..

with black being a board member and apollo not helping sxm publicly when they were threaten with a forced take over it made me wonder about the hughes/apollo intent.

Enthusiast
    05-29-2009, 03:21 PM #143

five stars, post of the day! lmao

When was the last time Sirius XM had good news?

When was the last time you mentioned anything negative about this company?
    tooo funny

Addict
    05-29-2009, 03:21 PM #144
    Quote Originally Posted by tim wallick View Post
    Charles I'm with you on that area my first comment today was directed at that specific area and the Hughes telematics system, which Leon black controls via Apollo.

as Hughes has stuck some deals with a couple of real movers and shakers in the content area and a company that tailor builds apps and software to deliver content via mobile platforms for many of the of the smart phones/cell phones that includes products for the iphone, android etc.

and these device interface directly with the new telematics platforms based on what im reading.

at one point black said he wanted to embed Sirius and maybe xm (during early 2007) I suspect a lot more on this issue will come out of the Detroit telematics conference which will be held on June 2nd and 3rd and will either tie directly into the apple iphone/smartphone concept and either benefit siriusxm in the long term or hurt badly based on what hughes and other telematics device markers plan with the oems as they clearly have content they plan to offer via these partnerships..

with black being a board member and apollo not helping sxm publicly when they were threaten with a forced take over it made me wonder about the hughes/apollo intent.
    Tim...can you enlighten a bit on this telematics thing? I'm not familiar with it. thanks.

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 03:22 PM #145

Nothing baffled me more than why large stockholders didnt at least offer a short term bridge loan to cover at least Feb. to avoid losing all their value in their shares. Didnt make much sense to me.
    Make it senior to other debt, and this at least bought them till May to get the bank debt extended. Maybe I dont know, pump the stock price up during this time, sell some shares, and pay off May debt. This leaves Dec with COH, and you pray autos rebound, iphone app is a huge hit, and you continue to cut costs. I mean come on, they basically refused this option for much less than the value of their holdings. Doest add up to me, but Im sure im missing something. Unless they accpeted the Malone deal based on rather sinking more money into this company. Rather Malone take the chance. If they want, maybe that would give them time to get out of their shares down the road, if they really wanted too. But having that board seat, give Black a tie in to an industry he has plans for. SiriusXM is in these plans. Im sure Liberty Media is as well.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 05-29-2009 at 03:25 PM.

Head Honcho
    05-29-2009, 03:28 PM #146
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    So 20 million free downloads, vs. 4 million pay downloads. Want to guess which one makes more money? Do you have the numbers exactly o hand? I was just guessing. Dont take those numbers as actual, total just trying to show you the huge difference. Now if your argueing getting your app downloaded is more important, and SiriusXM NEEDS to be number 1 to stay viable, then you could combat this with allowing it to be free, with a free trial period. But I still dont think you meant that they need to be number 1 to stay relevant. Because that would be crazy.
    You are totally missing the point. I am talking about the value of being number one on any app list (or any list for that matter). I am not talking about revenue, I am talking about the shear ability to lure more customers. They should not settle for anything less.

The top downloaded apps stay the top downloaded apps for a reason. Just like the top downloads on download.com. Just like the #1 result for a search term on Google. Popularity breeds popularity. I don't want Sirius XM seeing 1/100th of the traffic that Pandora and Slacker are seeing to their apps.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 03:33 PM #147
    tooo funny
    I mention the negative all the time. I gave them an F for marketing, and explained why even. So bite me.

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 03:47 PM #148
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Nothing baffled me more than why large stockholders didnt at least offer a short term bridge loan to cover at least Feb. to avoid losing all their value in their shares. Didnt make much sense to me.
    Make it senior to other debt, and this at least bought them till May to get the bank debt extended. Maybe I dont know, pump the stock price up during this time, sell some shares, and pay off May debt. This leaves Dec with COH, and you pray autos rebound, iphone app is a huge hit, and you continue to cut costs. I mean come on, they basically refused this option for much less than the value of their holdings. Doest add up to me, but Im sure im missing something. Unless they accpeted the Malone deal based on rather sinking more money into this company. Rather Malone take the chance. If they want, maybe that would give them time to get out of their shares down the road, if they really wanted too. But having that board seat, give Black a tie in to an industry he has plans for. SiriusXM is in these plans. Im sure Liberty Media is as well.
    This is your five star dumbest post of the day!!!!
    Relmor do i really have to explain why?
    1.mutual funds can't own or lend money to a company.
    2.the stock price was already a .25 in nov.
    3.there wasn't any money in the inst. to lend,they all were taking a beating..needed all the cash they could get to survive..
    4.Tell me,did you double down vyour investment in dec or jan. or feb,like you are asking them to..BK was a real posibility if Liberty didn't step up..they had the cash..ETC ETC.....

Mentor
    05-29-2009, 03:49 PM #149
    You are totally missing the point. I am talking about the value of being number one on any app list (or any list for that matter). I am not talking about revenue, I am talking about the shear ability to lure more customers. They should not settle for anything less.

The top downloaded apps stay the top downloaded apps for a reason. Just like the top downloads on download.com. Just like the #1 result for a search term on Google. Popularity breeds popularity. I don't want Sirius XM seeing 1/100th of the traffic that Pandora and Slacker are seeing to their apps.
    Just 1 point charles,they are users ,NOT CUSTOMERSso we are straight here..but i get your point,like No.1 best seller in books and movies...etc

Guru
    05-29-2009, 03:50 PM #150
    wtf just hapopenex?

Page 15 of 22 ... 51314151617 ...