Page 11 of 16 ... 910111213 ...
    05-26-2009, 03:46 PM #101
    I love that this guy thinks that bottled water doesn't compete with soda

Relmor, I wonder who you work for, I assumed that it was Sirius at first but when I see arguments like this it seems clear that you do not. With all of your postings on SB, SA, thewave, and fool how do you get anything done? I only have time to read here and there but you have thousands of posts on all of these sites, how is that possible? What do you do besides post about this company? There can't be time for any other means of employment other then whoever is paying you to do this ra ra cheerleading.

Mentor
    05-26-2009, 04:03 PM #102
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    I love that this guy thinks that bottled water doesn't compete with soda

Relmor, I wonder who you work for, I assumed that it was Sirius at first but when I see arguments like this it seems clear that you do not. With all of your postings on SB, SA, thewave, and fool how do you get anything done? I only have time to read here and there but you have thousands of posts on all of these sites, how is that possible? What do you do besides post about this company? There can't be time for any other means of employment other then whoever is paying you to do this ra ra cheerleading.
    You attack my character because I dont see Slacker as offering a similar service to SiriusXM? Who do you work for? Apparently you have enough time to read them, so whats your day like? And you also question my work ethic? O your a real gem. And you mention me be a cheerleader? Hardly, you dont read what I write then. Obviously. You post is full of anger, where is this coming from? Because I see Slacker like water, and SIriusXM like coke. Go argue with Charles. He agrees with me. Your the minority now. Tyler too. 3 vs 1. Yes its competition, like water is too coke. I already gave you that. But when I want a soda, I dont order water. In fact, for soda drinkers, they will never spend money on water. Different market. If you cant see that, then maybe you should go back to 4th grade, when they begin teaching logic, and advanced thinking exercises. You know, like coloring, and putting objects that match together.
    I love when a poster shows his true colors. You seem mad at me. Why? Becauae I dont agree with you thats, why. Im not angry for people who cant understand basic economic principles, I just feel sad for them.

Mentor
    05-26-2009, 04:09 PM #103
    Big Huffey news today, dont know why GM news threads didnt pick it up. I mean they are competition for GM right? Transportation market...

LOL LOL LOL

Enthusiast
    05-26-2009, 04:13 PM #104
    I have another perspective on the coke thing see. im in egypt and here when you ask for a pepsi or coke in a five star hotel they bring what they may have cold in the context of dark or clear soda based on what your requested. most of the time.

see here in my part of the world all the forms of cold drinks compete and we have a pharse to cover the issue (iz hag a sa) it basicly means i will have something cold and or sweet to drink. and cold waters fine if you dont have any thing elese.

05-26-2009, 05:55 PM #105
    Quote Originally Posted by tim wallick View Post
    I have another perspective on the coke thing see. im in egypt and here when you ask for a pepsi or coke in a five star hotel they bring what they may have cold in the context of dark or clear soda based on what your requested. most of the time.

see here in my part of the world all the forms of cold drinks compete and we have a pharse to cover the issue (iz hag a sa) it basicly means i will have something cold and or sweet to drink. and cold waters fine if you dont have any thing elese.
    TIM! I always remember talking to you. Or at least I think I did. I knew there was a hardcore SIRIUS/SIRI fan who lived in Egypt.

Head Honcho
    05-26-2009, 06:33 PM #106
    Let's step back and look at this and not use the "COMPETITION" word.

1. The reality is that sirius XM, FM, AM, HD, Slacker, iPods, Pandora, etc are all looking for the same thing. They are all devices that provide audio entertainment to consumers. They each do this in their own way which makes these services different from each other.

I think ALL can agree on that.

2. People will tend to use one form of entertainment over others. With the dash board of cars becoming more interactive, and capable of utilizing all of the above mentioned services, there is indeed a choice that consumers make. Do they hit the AM button, the FM button, the Sat button, the HD button, the ipod interface, or the aux input for their MP3 player? In todya's and especially tomorrows cars, consumers will have these choices to make when they get behind the wheel.

The services with the broadest appeal have a better chance of becoming the service of choice.

In that Sirius XM has the advantage over slacker b ecause of talk, sports, news, traffic, etc. as well as great commercial free music. However, there is a fee.

iPods have an advantage because they are iPods, and everyine has them (i don't, but you get the point).

Slacker has an advantage because it take customization to a new level, has a free aspect, as well as a subscription aspect.

AM/FM/HD have an advantage because they are free and they are local.

In my opinion, Sirius XM has to mitigate the advantages of the other services. They have done a great job against AM/FM/HD thus far, and will continue to do so. They now need to set their sites on other services and make the Sirius XM service on par with every aspect of what they deliver.

Sirius XM needs to transition from being coke to also carrying water and juice. This takes time, money, and effort, but it is a step the company needs to take.

I have oft been accused of being a satellite radio "fan boy". If someone as passionate as myself about satellite radio see's that another service is offering something that is cool and compelling, then Sirius XM should take note of that. That has always been my point. The company needs to address what it is about services such as Slacker that attract me away from SDARS.

Like it or not, Slacker catches my ear when I sit at a computer. There is a reason for that. Sirius XM needs to respond to that threat. Slacker has already tested successfully satellite update of stations. They may not be far away from implementation of that type of delivery.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Enthusiast
    05-26-2009, 07:30 PM #107
    Quote Originally Posted by TSS Taylor View Post
    TIM! I always remember talking to you. Or at least I think I did. I knew there was a hardcore SIRIUS/SIRI fan who lived in Egypt.
    taylor, its me for real. im that person, gald you guys have made it work for you.

now if sirius and xm would provide some form of viral marketing matched by deeds and actions tied to content. i would reconsider a new position in this sector of audio broadcasting. but not prior to major change.

Guru
    05-26-2009, 08:48 PM #108
    aaahhslackersuckschoo, 'scuse me.

Mentor
    05-26-2009, 09:17 PM #109
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    Let's step back and look at this and not use the "COMPETITION" word.

1. The reality is that sirius XM, FM, AM, HD, Slacker, iPods, Pandora, etc are all looking for the same thing. They are all devices that provide audio entertainment to consumers. They each do this in their own way which makes these services different from each other.

I think ALL can agree on that.

2. People will tend to use one form of entertainment over others. With the dash board of cars becoming more interactive, and capable of utilizing all of the above mentioned services, there is indeed a choice that consumers make. Do they hit the AM button, the FM button, the Sat button, the HD button, the ipod interface, or the aux input for their MP3 player? In todya's and especially tomorrows cars, consumers will have these choices to make when they get behind the wheel.

The services with the broadest appeal have a better chance of becoming the service of choice.

In that Sirius XM has the advantage over slacker b ecause of talk, sports, news, traffic, etc. as well as great commercial free music. However, there is a fee.

iPods have an advantage because they are iPods, and everyine has them (i don't, but you get the point).

Slacker has an advantage because it take customization to a new level, has a free aspect, as well as a subscription aspect.

AM/FM/HD have an advantage because they are free and they are local.

In my opinion, Sirius XM has to mitigate the advantages of the other services. They have done a great job against AM/FM/HD thus far, and will continue to do so. They now need to set their sites on other services and make the Sirius XM service on par with every aspect of what they deliver.

Sirius XM needs to transition from being coke to also carrying water and juice. This takes time, money, and effort, but it is a step the company needs to take.

I have oft been accused of being a satellite radio "fan boy". If someone as passionate as myself about satellite radio see's that another service is offering something that is cool and compelling, then Sirius XM should take note of that. That has always been my point. The company needs to address what it is about services such as Slacker that attract me away from SDARS.

Like it or not, Slacker catches my ear when I sit at a computer. There is a reason for that. Sirius XM needs to respond to that threat. Slacker has already tested successfully satellite update of stations. They may not be far away from implementation of that type of delivery.
    I can agree with most of this.
    Its the diction that gets the issues cloudy. Sure, Slacker could hurt SiriusXM's revenue. True. Of course. Is it a threat? not in my opinion, no. Is it competition? Only in a generalized degree, yes. Is their an audience Slacker cant compete with ? Yes. Is their an audience SiriusXM cant compete with? Probably yes, but I would think only temporarily. With some upgrades to their internet service, I think it would be easier for them to attract Slacker users, than vice versa. How many Slacker users use other programs, sat radio, or FM? We just dont know. Too many overlapping consumers in this area. Why its important to define clear markets, more than ever, to add to your strengths as a company, and bring up your weakness's to gather revenue from all audio entertainment markets and user types.

05-26-2009, 10:14 PM #110
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Who do you work for? Apparently you have enough time to read them, so whats your day like? And you also question my work ethic? O your a real gem.
    I have time to read a select few and you are in 98% of them. Its like that old saying that if you catch someone doing something bad once, they probably did it 100 times without getting caught. I guess I don't know that you write on EVERY article but I assume since you are on every one I read. This is pretty crazy shit;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...us&btnG=Search

And you mention me be a cheerleader? Hardly, you dont read what I write then. Obviously. You post is full of anger, where is this coming from?
    LOL how am I angry? Read my post again because clearly you are misinterpreting it. That was nothing angry about what I posted.

Because I see Slacker like water, and SIriusXM like coke. Go argue with Charles. He agrees with me.
    Charles and Tyler both see it like water vs coke, you still don't realize how many people switched from coke to water over the last 10 years. They are in much more direct competition then you give them credit for. Now you are admitting they do compete but barely but at first you said there was no competition whats next?

We all get that they are not competing head to head like Sirius XM but they are no doubt competing.

for soda drinkers, they will never spend money on water. Different market.
    This is where your narrow personal view is so evident. I stopped drinking soda 6 years ago and now drink water and fruit juice exclusively now. You think you are just like everyone else but you are not people are different and have different tastes and do different things.

When I was a kid we drank soda like crack heads but now more then ever I see kids in school drinking juice and parents that would not dream of giving their kids soda. So what the hell are you talking about? Soda drinkers will never spend money on water... really? You are going to stand by that? We can just stop this nonsense now and let that statement be your legacy.

If you cant see that, then maybe you should go back to 4th grade, when they begin teaching logic, and advanced thinking exercises. You know, like coloring, and putting objects that match together.
    You sound angry. Suggesting that I am not logical (when I am) is not how you should prove your argument. If correct, your argument should be so strong that it holds water regardless.

Coloring and putting objects together are "advanced thinking exercises?" Why are they being taught in 4th grade? I guess they would be advanced if you graduated in 5th grade or something. Maybe you meant to say "basic" thinking exercises.
    Last edited by clueless; 05-26-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Page 11 of 16 ... 910111213 ...