Page 12 of 16 ... 21011121314 ...
    Head Honcho
    05-26-2009, 10:29 PM #111
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Is it competition? Only in a generalized degree
    then you say

With some upgrades to their internet service, I think it would be easier for them to attract Slacker users
    and then

Too many overlapping consumers in this area.
    then finally

to add to your strengths as a company, and bring up your weakness's to gather revenue from all audio entertainment markets and user types.
    So, they only compete in a generalized way but with a few upgrades it would be easy for Sirius XM to grab slackers audience....weird. Then there are to many overlapping users in this area even though you say that they are not indirect competition?

Finally, in the end, you say what I have been saying all along. That they need to add to their strengths and gather revenue from all audio entertainment... even though from the beginning you said that Sirius XM and "Slandora" don't compete? You are losing me relmore.

It sounds like you are saying what I have been saying all along so, I want to make sure you set the record straight once and for all because you were staunchly against what I was saying from day 1 so, this cant be right.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-27-2009, 02:05 AM #112
    I thought you meant Slacker was a competitor of SiriusXM, and I still maintain thats what you meant by using the word. By the basic definition of competition, I can you a list of things that compete with SiriusXM many pages ago. As you ignored that, and choose to go on a quest to discredit my arguements, of course you ignored those. Fair enough. You also ignored my 45% take rate as being good, vs you saying its bad. Your wrong there too. Ignored that comment. But you do seem to try to splice together what I say to try to discredit me, and make me unsure of what Im saying. Let me make this perfectly clear. I know exactly what Im saying. Your confused, not me.
    Heres proof, many many pages ago.
    No Charles you know whats WEIRD, is your attitude in trying to convince me Slacker is competition. Thats weird. I proved to you 100 different times its not. HD radio is competition. So is Clear Channel. Thats about it. Now things that might keep consumers from using Sirius.....
    Work...
    Money...
    TV...
    CD's...
    MP3 player....
    Slacker...
    Pandora...
    None of the above are competition. Different market. Cant have competition from a different market. Get that into your head Charles, and Tyler. Quite being obtuse.

If you remember this post, this was my first attempt to explain to you that a lot of things may take away business from SiriusXM. I listed some here in this post. Since everyone refuses to acknowledge points Ive made, I see no point in debating this further.
    To further clarify I am defining my diction.
    Its diction. There is no arguement.
    Competition: A competitor within the same industry/Market
    Although Slacker does offer some things similar, not enough. Different market. Different industry. YOu can twist and make siriusxm and slacker sound like anything you want, but the facts are the facts. They are what they are, no matter what you choose to call them.
    Now, is water competition for Coke? Depends on the consumer. To some, they will always drink Coke. Some drink both. Some drink one or the other. Some drink beer. Some drink tea.
    Would you say Coors competes with Coke? If you were being interviewed by Coke, and they asked you to name their competitors, to find out what you know about the industry, and you said Coors, you would be fired before you were hired. Yes, coke makes water. Just like SiriusXM offers music, sports, data services, and other features, and growth areas. Sirius offers talk radio, live concerts, etc... Is coke and water competitors? No. Do they compete for dollars? Depends on the consumer. They might, to a degree. See, Charles you want everything black and white. Not the case. Your arguements cant be won, because your fighting your own false logic. Yes, they have similar services with their music channels. By "compete" you mean offer similar services. Pandora competes with SiriusXM too. So do Mp3 players.
    Hey clueless, WebMD is now a competitor of SiriusXM. Both offer medical services now. LOL LOL
    You guys are too easy. I love how you try and try and try to make your false logic hold together. Your just making yourselves seem silly.
    Diction is diction. YOu want to argue over semantics. ANd im argueing over broad concepts your minds cannot seem to grasp.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 05-27-2009 at 02:10 AM.

Mentor
    05-27-2009, 02:12 AM #113
    Bottom line... Does Mel lose sleep over Slacker? Not a wink. They are more worried about their debt, and auto sales, than a free music program.
    Easier to offer similar services to Slacker, than for Slacker to offer SiriusXM services. Like Coke easily entered the water market. Ford would have a harder time entering the water market, as they are not related even remotely. Theyd have to build plants, get a water source, hire people specific to water, etc... Maybe this example will bemuddle your brains.
    SiriusXM already has the music library, and the means to distribute it. All they would need is the software. Now you might say, well, thats everything. Bet you Slacker could be bought by SiriusXM with their EBITA for Q2. LOL LOL LOL If that.... Probably not even that much...Probably Mels pocket change..
    Last edited by relmor2003; 05-27-2009 at 02:14 AM.

Enthusiast
    05-27-2009, 08:37 AM #114
    Let's have some EBITDA before we start buying things.

I agree that Sirius should someday buy Slacker. Slacker obviously has a better R&D department. They understand the potential of the internet as a method of distribution, something the R&D dept at Sirius doesn't have a clue about.

Sony just announced that they are including Slacker in the new Walkman X Series MP3 player. I am sure this will be the first of many new mainstream products that Slacker will be in.

I will eventually be getting a Ipod Touch so I can listen to Slacker and Sirius in one device. This will also save me the $8.99 a month that the Stiletto costs.

One things for certain Slacker not only doesn't suck but it's a great product.
    Last edited by James; 05-27-2009 at 08:42 AM.

Guru
    05-27-2009, 08:53 AM #115
    ...Theyd have to build plants, get a water source, hire people specific to water, etc... Maybe this example will bemuddle your brains...
    your words are superior

it would take sxm very short time to duplicate packdora
    so i agree

Head Honcho
    05-27-2009, 10:29 AM #116
    Looking at the slides for the annual meeting it is clear that Sirius XM sees Internet radio services as competition.

This is what I have been saying all along, and with a new iPhone interface, sirius XM needs to consider those that are at the top of the downloads. That includes Slacker and Pandora
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    05-27-2009, 10:47 AM #117
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    Looking at the slides for the annual meeting it is clear that Sirius XM sees Internet radio services as competition.

This is what I have been saying all along, and with a new iPhone interface, sirius XM needs to consider those that are at the top of the downloads. That includes Slacker and Pandora
    Then Tyler, when they listed their competitors gross revenues why wasnt Slacker listed? Once again, your confusing diction. Yes, Slacker is costing SiriusXM money. Maybe. Hard to prove. Is SirisXM trying address programs and services that offer similar services, yes. And they acknowledge they exist. Enough to list them on the revenue list? No. Insignificant. Only listed Radio companies. Their competitors. You dont go over Coke numbers at the annual Coors meeting. But you may mention how less people are drinking beer, and more are drinking soda. How do we tap this market, Mr. Coors? Well.. we can start making a soda drink. Hence, a beer company, as it is easy for them to do, would now enter the soda market. But yes, they are both part of the larger industry of beverages.
    Still dont waste your stockholders time, except to show you how you plan to show your stockholders how you plan to get those dollars back. They seem to have a good plan for that. WIth the cell apps, and as Demian writes, soon use your iphone to turn anywhere into a full fledged satrd receiver. Does it offer personal music stations? No. This is a service exclusive to Pandora and Slacker right now. Can and will Sirius address this if it they need to? They might, if they feel its profitable for them to do. If not, they will just buy Slacker. Or Liberty would, and attempt to combine the technologies.

If personalized radio stations is now a market, then SiriusXM isnt even in it. If your saying Slacker is in the audio entertainment market, and therefore are competitors, than I disagree. As Ive said before, the audio entertainment market is too large a name to label Slacker. They are a random music generator, and have playlists for most major artists. Not never deep, I did a 4 hour crash course on Slacker last night. They are 100 percent better than Pandora. Id even say they are the best online personalize music random generator in the world. But different market. Same industry, different market.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 05-27-2009 at 10:52 AM.

Guru
    05-27-2009, 11:54 AM #118
    well instead of buying a new guitar i decided to use the money to take a trip to corpus christi, so corpus christi competes with les paul.

Guru
    05-27-2009, 12:41 PM #119
    now your talkin'...

Head Honcho
    05-27-2009, 01:28 PM #120
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    well instead of buying a new guitar i decided to use the money to take a trip to corpus christi, so corpus christi competes with les paul.
    Good point! That really ads to the spirit of the argument

As for replying to your comments relmor, I can not because I no longer have time to read them nor will it matter because you don't think soda competes with water. If that is the case then we have to agree to disagree. Now excuse me while I go get a bottle of dasani out of the coke machine in my office.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 12 of 16 ... 21011121314 ...