2 11.76%
  • D

2 11.76%
  • F

13 76.47%
Page 2 of 2 12
    Enthusiast
    05-21-2009, 09:17 PM #11
    How bout this for a poll. Who has an iphone? I don't... and probably never will. so this whole iphone app... not doin' much for me. What I need to see is SiriusXM in the itunes dashboard. That would make me happy. I would use that. If that doesn't happen. I will be more pissed than i am already. This holdup better be worth it... more than just your standard iphone app.

Mentor
    05-21-2009, 09:32 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by doobz26 View Post
    How bout this for a poll. Who has an iphone? I don't... and probably never will. so this whole iphone app... not doin' much for me. What I need to see is SiriusXM in the itunes dashboard. That would make me happy. I would use that. If that doesn't happen. I will be more pissed than i am already. This holdup better be worth it... more than just your standard iphone app.
    im actually just waiting for them to allow verizon, me and about a million other people.. plus they already have 9 million out there in the US.... I think the itouch is the larger potential market...

Guru
    05-21-2009, 10:14 PM #13

I-Phone

Quote Originally Posted by doobz26 View Post
    I agree with you about the I-Phone. I don't have one either and I certainly wouldn't run out and buy one to get SIRI. I don't walk around with SIRI plugged in my ears anyway. My car has a SIRI radio in it and that is quite adequate. I have a boom box with a radio that I use at work and my wife has a built in SIRI radio in her car. I have four T.V. sets with SIRI on them and three computers with SIRI on them. Tell me, where would the motivation be?

Now how many of those do I use for SIRI? Answer: 3 - two cars and a boom box.

How many do I plan to keep of those three? Answer: 2 the cars and I can use the radio in my car with the boom box.

SIRI's marketing is non-existent here in Colorado. I never see or hear it advertised except on SIRI radio.

Do they ever give issue holders any information? No

I am sitting on the sidelines now with SIRI stock and just watching it day by day. Nothing more needs to be said there.

Maybe someday I will buy back in, but I have a basic rule and that is not to buy on the downtrend.

Hopefully something will pop, but truthfully, right now I am not encouraged. Something has to happen.

I also agree with the statement that a lot of people all ready think SIRI has gone BK (People that don't know the stock).

All in all, the marketing and management communication deserves an F. Programing-wise.....I listen to a very small portion of the channels.

The "BB King Bluesville" (What a retarded name, even though I love BB King) - They play soul music and call it blues...it has really become very dippy.

"Hair Nation" - I love "Hair" music

"Raw Dog" - Pretty good station...bits are really short though

"Fox News" - too bad there isn't FBN.

and that is about it.

My wife listens to the Jazz stations.

In some ways I wish that I never got wrapped up in SIRI stock. I enjoyed SIRI a LOT more before I put myself in a position of having money invested in it. I should have just been a listener.

The positive things are: I know a lot of really good people on this Forum that I wouldn't have met, and I really like this forum. It is very dynamic and changes all of the time.

That pretty well sums it up. Over and out.

Bill

Enthusiast
    05-21-2009, 11:03 PM #14
    They get an F for now. They are in a catch 22 right? It costs money to market to new subscribers to get more money coming into the company. With the economic downturn would it have made sense to spend marketing dollars when people could probably care less about subscribing to Sirius? Instead they focused on all other aspects of the business, especially cutting costs and did what they could to retain existing subscribers. My hope is they are biding their time and getting a killer marketing push ready that begins with the buzz created from the iphone app. I would hope they are also working on a total makeover of their web sites. If they are going to come out swinging, it needs to be totally fresh. That's me giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Enthusiast
    05-22-2009, 09:06 AM #15
    But it's just not deciding on whether to throw money at marketing during an economic downturn. There are people on here that have had this stock for years prior to the recession and have complained about this very topic. I wish I hadn't invested in this company but of course hindsight is always 20/20.

Enthusiast
    05-22-2009, 02:40 PM #16
    Who? Did someone say Marketing Team?

Page 2 of 2 12