Page 2 of 13 123412 ...
    Head Honcho
    05-15-2009, 09:51 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    RIGHT! Do you ever look/read them? Do you click on them?

That's my question.......who the hell does?

We all hate most TV commercials. Some are clever and funny, but the majority suck. But....we actually watch thousands of them. Why? Because you're looking at the TV, it's a habit that's hard to break. So, we watch a lot of the ads. But, the computer screen is a different animal. We are working or surfing or whatever and our eyes are on the content. The ads are superfluous, and I, and hazard to guess, most, don't look at them. It also explains why a lot of sites run 'intro ads' before you get to the content. It's not working! I always hit 'skip intro', how about you? And, if they didn't have the skip button, I'd just X out the site and move on. I believe there will be a big shift in the internet ad model. Not sure when or to what, but this one can't be working for the companies that are spending the $ on internet ads. It just doesn't make any sense!
    I will pen an email to Charles outling the displeasure for audio ads. Please bear in mind that the site is supported by ads, and various campains are underway or contracted. I would ask for a bit of patience, ans well as understanding. We put a lot of effort into getting ads on the site while balancing the reader experience. It is a hard line to walk. On one hand we need the ads to generate the most exposure. On the other we need them to be out of the way for the reader.

Your concerns are not falling on deaf ears, but these things do take some time to resolve.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 09:55 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by LIBOR/TED SPREAD View Post
    Julie(GO BLUE!!),

I agree 2 or 3 cents does a lot for the emotions which is why I think the MM's took us to the 50 day MA and investors in this stock love to buy on the way up so lets hope for a nice move today. Long 400K share with 3,800 short calls (covercalls).

Tyler,

AUDIO ADDS MUST GO

Check out www.alexa.com if you want to see your slacker taken to school by pandora. I HATE both not cause they suck because they are killing my company SIRIXM!!!!!

At some point they will charge then say BYE BYE to 75% of your listeners!!!!!!

HOW THE HELL IS PANDORA suporting the trillions of listeners and songs they play????????

As I told Newman & Damien when we went out for drinks 6 months ago, lets open a bar and give away drinks we would be the most popular bar in the city and put everyone out of business then I thought hmmm wont we eventually run out of $$$$$$$$$$!!!! DEATH TO FREE MUSIC!!!!!
    slacker owner or whoever stumbled when asked how they stay profitable...
    they dont....
    there days are numbered as free...

05-15-2009, 09:59 AM #13
    Well, I'm not against ads at all, just the way it's being implemented. WWII practices are still in full swing such as Carpet Bombing of ads to mass groups of consumers=bad. I could care less about ads intended for pre-teens or old diabetics. I'll enjoy and react more positively towards ads when they (marketing entities) get their act together and create "smart bomb" ads targeting to specific demos based on trends. Yes I fully advocate the tracking of what I click on. In the end the products and services that I prefer will no longer need to be searched by me, they'll just come to me and I'll just end up consuming what I'm told and be ok with it.... Now pass me those ribs!

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 10:22 AM #14
    The only time i click on ads is when they are strategically placed and i click on them by accident....

But if you want the content for free, they are a nesesary evil,but the future
    bussiness model of the internet is paid Content,remember when ATM cards were free to use and on-line banking was free(basic look still is) ,as well as Newspaper sites..
    Information is valuable and they lure you in til it is an obsession and then bang,you get the WE have to initiate a small fee for this service line!!!
    Just look at the other site,they are accepting donations....looking to sell Mugs,t-shirts etc..good marketing plan...

05-15-2009, 10:22 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallep View Post
    Well, I'm not against ads at all, just the way it's being implemented. WWII practices are still in full swing such as Carpet Bombing of ads to mass groups of consumers=bad. I could care less about ads intended for pre-teens or old diabetics. I'll enjoy and react more positively towards ads when they (marketing entities) get their act together and create "smart bomb" ads targeting to specific demos based on trends. Yes I fully advocate the tracking of what I click on. In the end the products and services that I prefer will no longer need to be searched by me, they'll just come to me and I'll just end up consuming what I'm told and be ok with it.... Now pass me those ribs!
    Thanks, Gallep, well stated. I agree with you, it's all in how it's implemented.
    Internet ads are most effective when the ads are placed in what is determained to be a potentially interested audience. I have become aware
    of products through internet ads and have made purchases. And audio ads,
    unbelievably annoying. When those come on, first off they startle me
    and I quickly mute them. That is really being force fed ads.
    Speaking of fed, ribs, yum!

05-15-2009, 10:33 AM #16
    [QUOTE=JohnnyIrishXM;32864]The only time i click on ads is when they are strategically placed and i click on them by accident....

bussiness model of the internet is paid Content,remember when ATM cards were free to use and on-line banking was free(basic look still is) ,as well as Newspaper sites..
    Information is valuable and they lure you in til it is an obsession and then bang,you get the WE have to initiate a small fee for this service line!!!
    Just look at the other site,they are accepting donations....looking to sell Mugs,t-shirts etc..good marketing plan...[/QUOT

I hesitated to bring this up but since Johnny did, I'll jump in. One of the
    other sites I go on (no, not that one) accepts donations, set up through
    PayPal. As well as related merchandise for sale, contests and
    just outright requesting we periodically click on the ads that interest us.
    A really painless way of generating revenue, and a non intrusive one for us.
    Julie

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 10:48 AM #17
    Unless we get capitulation today we are trading in the .35 to .36 range for a while..low vol. but it is FRaiday...not a typo,some investors hate holding over the weekend or being without a position on the weekend for fear of news coming out AH like it does on FRiday..sometimes JMHO

Head Honcho
    05-15-2009, 10:48 AM #18
    [QUOTE=julietoo;32868]
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    The only time i click on ads is when they are strategically placed and i click on them by accident....

Just look at the other site,they are accepting donations....looking to sell Mugs,t-shirts etc..good marketing plan...[/QUOT

Julie
    There was a point when I had satellite standard that I had a "support this site" button. The response was less than overwhelming.

T-shirts, mugs, etc. are all considerations I have had in the past, but my experience is that I wind up with a bunch of T-shirts and Mugs that cost money to produce that I have to give away.

There are a few things we are working on, but as yet not implemented.

Be honest, how many of you would actually want a SsiriusBuzz t-shirt?
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 10:51 AM #19
    [QUOTE=julietoo;32868]
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post

Julie

Don't ever be hesitant to bring anything up on here Julie,it's open to anything, the NAZI police have left,we are free to post anything within reason..
    Like Johnnyirish.com come visit my site and feel free to leave money anywhere on there.JK

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 10:56 AM #20
    [QUOTE=TSavery;32872]
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post

There was a point when I had satellite standard that I had a "support this site" button. The response was less than overwhelming.

T-shirts, mugs, etc. are all considerations I have had in the past, but my experience is that I wind up with a bunch of T-shirts and Mugs that cost money to produce that I have to give away.

There are a few things we are working on, but as yet not implemented.

Be honest, how many of you would actually want a SsiriusBuzz t-shirt?
    Tyler,i agree ,.it was Sarcastic on my part...
    But if i was younger would have thought a Siriusly BUZZED t-shirt with all the conotations it implies regarding alchohol only,would have vbeen cool...
    Think of the sayings you could have,if not already copyrighted..

Page 2 of 13 123412 ...