Page 3 of 13 12345 ...
    Head Honcho
    05-15-2009, 11:05 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by LIBOR/TED SPREAD View Post

Check out www.alexa.com if you want to see your slacker taken to school by pandora. I HATE both not cause they suck because they are killing my company SIRIXM!!!!!
    Alexa is archaic and unreliable. Take it for what its worth but, it is no longer used by anyone as a serious reliable metric.

At some point they will charge then say BYE BYE to 75% of your listeners!!!!!!
    Where will they go? They can't go to Sirius based on what you are saying because Sirius charges.

HOW THE HELL IS PANDORA suporting the trillions of listeners and songs they play????????
    Ads.

Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    RIGHT! Do you ever look/read them? Do you click on them?

That's my question.......who the hell does?
    The same people who look at other forms of advertising. You may think you are not susceptible but, like most people, you are. Its not always about clicking on ads, its about branding... just like a billboard on the side of the road, you don't have to click it, you just need to see it.

I know, I know, why do budweiser and coke even bother to advertise because we all know what they are right? Then why do they see a change in their market share when their ad campaigns are in full swing? I will never forget the days I use to work in a night club and those stupid political miller lite commercials where running... you know, the one where the guy was debating and running against a donkey (probably 5 years ago) ? We use to move 1 case of miller lite per night and then one summer we were going through 20-30 cases per night... you tell me why?

As someone who is an advertiser online... it works. I can directly measure my roi via tracking through my campaigns and my profits are clear. People wouldn't be doing it if they didn't see the roi.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    05-15-2009, 11:05 AM #22
    Though ads are annoying, I ask would I want the product from the company I have invested in to be advertising on the site that I am visiting? Most often that would yes, though there are some sites I want no association with. So, I tolerate them if there is a way to close them whenever I like. If not, then most likely I will not return to the site.

Head Honcho
    05-15-2009, 11:07 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    just outright requesting we periodically click on the ads that interest us.
    That is against any ad agencies TOS and if brought to their attention would result in immediate termination of the publisher (especially with Google they will drop you in a second).
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    05-15-2009, 11:37 AM #24
    FROM DEMIAN...

Apple's 3.0 Update is a Game Changer for Sirius XM
    Friday, May 15, 2009 at 12:00PM Demian Russian
    The combined strengths of an Apple (AAPL) and Sirius XM (SIRI) partnership are now becoming even more clear. In my last article I explored the possible synergies between the two companies -- the potential of the satellite radio provider breaking into the iTunes dashboard and how the looming Q2 release of the Sirius XM app could turn the over 37 million iPhones and iPod Touches out on the street into the new transistor radios of this generation. This time I will delve deeper into what Apple's coming iPhone/iPod Touch OS 3.0 update will mean for Sirius XM and its soon to be released iPhone/iPod Touch app.......continue reading http://www.satwaves.com/satwaves/200...sirius-xm.html

Position: Long SIRI
    Last edited by TSavery; 05-15-2009 at 02:10 PM.

05-15-2009, 11:43 AM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    That is against any ad agencies TOS and if brought to their attention would result in immediate termination of the publisher (especially with Google they will drop you in a second).
    I didn't realize that. Is it wrong to ask readers support their advertisers?
    What about the donation idea? I don't agree with the way some sites
    spotlight their donators but something tastefully done would be a good
    way to generate revenue. I don't think there is anything wrong in
    asking for support for this site. In sales we are told to "Ask for the business"
    'Cause if we don't, the other guy will. I would think the same concept
    would apply here.
    Julie

Enthusiast
    05-15-2009, 12:11 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    FROM DEMIAN...

Apple's 3.0 Update is a Game Changer for Sirius XM

Enter Apple's 3.0 Update

A few weeks ago, Apple presented the blueprint for its upcoming iPhone/iPod Touch OS 3.0 update and released the SDK to developers. There are over 1,000 new APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) offering amazing new capabilities. Digging deeper into this release offers many clues as to how Sirius XM may utilize this new technology. The possibilities are nothing short of game changing. While some features have been reported on, the big one has been overlooked -- until now. The new APIs offer "support for applications to communicate with hardware accessories attached to IPhone or iPod Touch" and "apps can now communicate with accessories via the dock connector." The dock connector "provides a standard electrical interface and the communication protocol for accessories to charge, control and interact with both iPhone and iPod."

What this means is that every iPhone and iPod Touch out there can be turned into a full fledged Sirius XM satellite radio with an inexpensive separately purchased car dock, home dock or portable accessory kit. Sirius XM's full internet and satellite offerings -- everything, everywhere. In addition, customers will be able to subscribe and upgrade their Sirius XM service simply with a few touches of their finger. This will bring Sirius XM to the masses. Do the math.

Position: Long SIRI
    I asked an open question a couple of weeks ago if there is any technical or legal reason that DirecTV could not partner with SIRI to deliver DTV content to mobile devices? Would the above mentioned API's for external SIRI SAT hadware work for that purpose as well?

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 12:28 PM #27
    asking for support for this site. In sales we are told to "Ask for the business"
    would apply here.
    Julie
    you need to look at the differences in site/blog content. for example, if its say a video game blog that offers cheat codes or another site that offers "absolutes", then yes i agree the site/blog can stress on donations.

BUT, if it's a site, that deals with investments, such as this. i believe recommending or stressing donations can be dangerous and litigious. on the waves site for ex., brandon was asking for donations and made a note of how users were not clicking the ads. he is giving strategy to his followers and also saying i want them to make money. one of his more recent strategies was to sell @.38 and rebuy @.31....NOW , what if most his followers heeded his advice and sold @.38, they are waiting for the .31 but if doesnt get there or has a sick spike up, the followers are are out some money. they gave money in the form of donations, they clicked on ads as requested by the site owner and are down profits. i might go to court and try to get my money back on that one if i was them. its dangerous to have a site like this and ask for money. the only thing IMO is a site owner offers good info, the users make money, then donate when they are don trading or investing and have profitted off the site.. i know i wrote alot of rubbish, but hopefully some of it makes sense?

05-15-2009, 12:33 PM #28
    would apply here.
    Julie
    There's no harm in suggesting that people buy stuff from the companies that advertise on your site. Asking people to click on Ads is a no-no.

Enthusiast
    05-15-2009, 12:38 PM #29
    there seems to be a trend the past few days

the stock price takes a dive during the first few hours of trading

then it spends the rest of the day either staying the same or
    slowly appreciating

05-15-2009, 12:42 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    you need to look at the differences in site/blog content. for example, if its say a video game blog that offers cheat codes or another site that offers "absolutes", then yes i agree the site/blog can stress on donations.

BUT, if it's a site, that deals with investments, .. i know i wrote alot of rubbish, but hopefully some of it makes sense?
    Makes a lot of sense. The site I was referring to has nothing to do with
    investing. I can see what you are referring to as being a conflict. Now I
    get it. People can be easly swayed.
    Julie

Page 3 of 13 12345 ...