Page 5 of 13 ... 34567 ...
    Addict
    05-15-2009, 02:19 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    SiriusHope......

Enjoy the article, and it is fine to bring it here, but I am going to trim the article down to a paragraph and supply a link to the enire piece. This way the site of the author gets the benefit of a visit to his site. I hope this makes sense. I am not censoring you, but rather giving the author and his site the benefit of having a reader visit that site.
    Thats ok..I meant no malice by posting it here so others who dont go to wave can see whats developing. will not bring articles over here from wave.
    you can delete it with my permission..fear not about me being censored.
    Last edited by SiriusHope; 05-15-2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: correction

05-15-2009, 02:19 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    another point, isnt this similiar to what tyler/charles tried to do regarding that hartlieb issue? brandon claimed censorship , paratrooper rick CRIED LIKE A BABY: i cant be part of this censorship either, and all the other sheep/or brandons multiple accounts followed with the same WHINES. so apparently on HIS OWN SITE he doesnt have complete freedom to say what he wants without getting into some kind of trouble huh?
    That might be called, The grass is not always greener.....

Head Honcho
    05-15-2009, 02:20 PM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    opinion is a view/judgement in the mind of an individual. advice is telling someone what to do in regards to that opinion. ex. and NOT REAL, my opinion is the stock market will be going down this year. my advice is to short the market.

i dont blame you for warning him rel, you're part of a site where you are a contributing writer and have the popularity of a rock star. good for you. but IMO IF , and BIG IF, brandon keeps going the way he is , he will eventually have litigation issues. its tuff daytrading, nevermind TELLING people what to do. I WILL PUT OUT A BET FOR 50K (dollars not siriusxm shares) that if he doesnt change the way he posts his opinions or advice he will catch a lawsuit or get into trouble of some kind. any takers?
    Let's avoid mention specifics of the sites and the principals of those sites. That type of discussion could be construed as slanderous if things are not worded exactly right. This is part of the reason there was a whole issue between Hartlieb and Brandon. The parcing of words, and whether they are slanderous, etc. I do not want to go down the path of being accused of censoring discussion, and I hope all of you understand that there may be a need to adjust the wording of some posts with respect to this issue (if complaints arise).

There are opinions out there about what is right and wrong from an "advisor" standpoint. This site maintains certain standards and other sites have their own standards. I make it a strict point to avoid giving advice. I also make it a strict point (as does seeking alpha) to disclose my positions and trading activities on my articles. My personal policy is to simply avoid any trades in the equity.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    05-15-2009, 02:24 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    Thats ok..I meant no malice by posting it here so others who dont go to wave can see whats developing. will not bring articles over here from wave.
    SiriusHope.....

I do not take exception to the bringing of the article, nor discussion of articles from other sites. I hope you did not take it that way. You are free to discuss whatever you want here (within legal reason of course....LOL). What I was asking was that you give the site that published the article a shot at getting a "click" and having the article viewed there. In other words, if a click represents a penny, and 100 people read the entire article here, we would be taking $1.00 away from the site of the author. I simply wanted them to have the rewards for their efforts.

Cheers
    Tyler Savery

Addict
    05-15-2009, 02:25 PM #45
    SiriusHope.....

I do not take exception to the bringing of the article, nor discussion of articles from other sites. I hope you did not take it that way. You are free to discuss whatever you want here (within legal reason of course....LOL). What I was asking was that you give the site that published the article a shot at getting a "click" and having the article viewed there. In other words, if a click represents a penny, and 100 people read the entire article here, we would be taking $1.00 away from the site of the author. I simply wanted them to have the rewards for their efforts.

Cheers
    OK now understood.

Head Honcho
    05-15-2009, 02:29 PM #46
    you can delete it with my permission..fear not about me being censored.
    Sirius hope.....no need to delete at all. All is well. I just wanted to clarify why I made the edit to your post so as not to go down a path of being accused of being a censor (not by you but by others). What I did is to the benefit of satwaves. In essence I turned your post into a "teaser" that people will follow to that site.

That being said, it would always be nice to see your own opinion on the ppiece as well.

Despite the wranglings of the past few weeks, I have no malice intent towards satwaves. They run their site the way they want, and that is how it should be.
    Tyler Savery

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 02:30 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    advice? opinion? difference? why would i not warn them, knowing how google would view it? should i just let him get in trouble?
    Do i have to tell you the difference of the two?
    You know what i mean,a loose cannon is dangerous,alot of people in our human history have been lynched, burned at stake,fed to the lions,persecuted and outed for false rumors reported as fact to the sheep and
    turned into fact....Speaking from the heart is one thing,reporting as fact is deadly,EX:what if someone takes advice and kills self because his wife found out he lost the college fund investing,it has already happened and will again..
    That's not even taking into account the litigation issue..
    And don't think for 1 second if someone sues they won't subpeona the post's,
    and drag certain people into testifying..HINT....Not happening i agree,but there are nuts who sue for any reason out there..

05-15-2009, 02:32 PM #48
    Great, interesting discussion. I forgot about watching the stock
    today. Saved me from moaning and groaning, at least for a few hours.

Addict
    05-15-2009, 02:33 PM #49
    Sirius hope.....no need to delete at all. All is well. I just wanted to clarify why I made the edit to your post so as not to go down a path of being accused of being a censor (not by you but by others). What I did is to the benefit of satwaves. In essence I turned your post into a "teaser" that people will follow to that site.

That being said, it would always be nice to see your own opinion on the ppiece as well.

Despite the wranglings of the past few weeks, I have no malice intent towards satwaves. They run their site the way they want, and that is how it should be.
    My opinion on the piece is insignificant...all i can say is that's a longggggggg stretch of what will happen. IMO...the iphone app will be big disappointment in PPS increase.
    So many investors are grabbing for straws on this one. The only way we see PPS increase where it should be is after few quarters of pure profit. END of story.

Mentor
    05-15-2009, 02:43 PM #50
    My opinion on the piece is insignificant...all i can say is that's a longggggggg stretch of what will happen. IMO...the iphone app will be big disappointment in PPS increase.
    So many investors are grabbing for straws on this one. The only way we see PPS increase where it should be is after few quarters of pure profit. END of story.

PROFIT,YOUR TALKING ABOUT PROFIT????PROFIT...A.I. see if anyone gets it.

Agreed Sirius,it is always about profit and how we get it...I-Phone is just 5%of bottom line at best MHO,definitely should get into it for younger hip audience,but PROFIT is KING for stock buyers..
    And we are not profitable YET!!!! real close tho...

Page 5 of 13 ... 34567 ...