Page 1 of 7 123 ...
    Addict
    05-14-2009, 04:29 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Thread Thursday May 14, 2009

Good Morning ALL
    Today will be another one of those days that we can expect the MM's to take control early. Use today as another buying opportunity. Let's hope that we will get back to the high 40's to low 50's soon as we near closer to the yearly stockholder meeting.
    How will you vote your proxy? Will we hear from Mel about the Iphone app at the meeting?

Good Luck today to ALL.
    Last edited by SiriusHope; 05-14-2009 at 04:33 AM.

Mentor
    05-14-2009, 07:37 AM #2
    Good Morning everyone!!Saw we closed at .3745 yesterday and AH went to .3675...Not looking good for today with no news and vol low expected again,but you never know with this stock as i'm seeing alot of negativity and doom and gloom,that is always a good indicator of surprise rise in SP..

Nothing in Pre-Market as of 7:30am today,which is a good sign for not taking it lower as only the bigs in the Pit can trade now..

05-14-2009, 08:20 AM #3
    Hello,

My name is Dan.
    I found this site about a month ago and have enjoyed watching the chat.
    I am long SIRI.
    I have owned SIRI since late last year.
    I didn't buy any at low price, but saw it hit. I just sat and watched, like a dummy entranced by the thought of loss.
    I did buy more after the low and on the way back up.
    I have never sold any SIRI.
    I believe SIRI has a great future.

Does anyone believe that this stock is making a round bottom reversal?

DAN.

Addict
    05-14-2009, 08:53 AM #4
    Hi all...
    SIRI suffering from the retail disaster in the overall marketplace. Will rebound. When? Got me!
    I'm LONG with a lot of shares, so I'll hang tight for now. Brandon posted an article this morning which had some good info:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1376...hort-term-pain
    S-XM posted significant increase in self-paying subs, which was reported, but overshadowed by the total sub net loss of 400k. That fact is very important. It shows an increase in market penetration and brand loyalty, despite downturn in auto industry. SIRI needs to really hype this point as they launch various marketing campaigns (when???......).

Guru
    05-14-2009, 09:49 AM #5
    good mornin' looking ugly, good luck to everyone with dry powder...

05-14-2009, 09:52 AM #6
    I wish all my TD funds were available; I've only been able to use about $1500 to get back in @ .3510. I went 18 hours SIRI Share-less and it was the worst night imaginable

05-14-2009, 10:13 AM #7
    It's carnage

05-14-2009, 10:17 AM #8
    when is the yearly stocholder's meeting?

Mentor
    05-14-2009, 10:23 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Hi all...
    SIRI suffering from the retail disaster in the overall marketplace. Will rebound. When? Got me!
    I'm LONG with a lot of shares, so I'll hang tight for now. Brandon posted an article this morning which had some good info:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1376...hort-term-pain
    S-XM posted significant increase in self-paying subs, which was reported, but overshadowed by the total sub net loss of 400k. That fact is very important. It shows an increase in market penetration and brand loyalty, despite downturn in auto industry. SIRI needs to really hype this point as they launch various marketing campaigns (when???......).
    Be carefull,that article is misleading because yes we did add 1mil self paying
    Subs year over year,meaning 1Q 08 to 1Q 09,but most of it was in 1,2 and 3Q
    of 08.when Auto industry was still at 15mil cars sold avg...we only gained 87k subs in 4Q of 08,don't remember the breakdown
    on self pays...but this 1Q 09 we lost 100k self pays and Siri finally is breaking down Self pays from Promo's which skews sub numbers in the past.
    When XM and SIRI were competing they would pad their sub numbers to out pace each other,notice we always heard 19.1 million subs,but actually it is 15.4 self pay subs which is only true number for subs to use,so does that mean we lost 4 million subs?Promo's have a 3-12 month lag as when the promo period is up they either deactivate radio or they become Self pay sub.
    This is why you will hear many including company in 1Q report that 2Q will just as bad or worse Sub wise than 1Q..but other basics of the company will improve,SAC,FCF, EBITDA and hopefully Churn...

Addict
    05-14-2009, 10:30 AM #10
    It's time to start loading up again and wait for the 50% pop to .53 cents.

Consolidation leads to the small 1 -2 cent rise per day into the momentum building buying.

With shareholder meeting coming, Iphone app coming soon, I think we see this again in the next 2 weeks.

Page 1 of 7 123 ...