Page 7 of 11 ... 56789 ...
    Guru
    05-13-2009, 09:55 PM #61

Thumbs down

You have to realize that anyone can wait one year on this one and sell for a profit and not take the tax hit. so just imagine whatever you buy now you can sell in one year and not take a tax hit or pay a bunch of commision fees.

wha what!

05-14-2009, 03:56 AM #62
    Whynot, $3.00 by June 2010.

Hope there is no R/S before this.

Enthusiast
    05-14-2009, 07:32 AM #63
    Me too, but I'm betting against it!!!

Head Honcho
    05-14-2009, 08:57 AM #64
    There has been a lot of back and forth happening which is not condusive to intelligent conversation, nor to these boards. Efforts have been made to clear up details, but in the end there is more confusion as well as aggrivation.

Going back in time....

Sirius Buzz used a format that we thought would give all readers what they want. We had an investors tab and a general news tab. The reason for this was that some readers did not want all of the detail. They want the simple bullet points. Other readers wanted in depth stuff, and could care less about events such as a Bruce Sprinstein channel. This presented a problem for the site. How do we satisfy as many people as possible? Thus was born the two tabs that SiriusBuzz used for a while. An Investors Tab and a News Tab. The problem with the tabs is that people were still unaware of the existance of them, and thus missed articles.

Charles and I were also wanted to have additional opinion on the site, and sought out another writer. We had mixed results, and eventually came upon Brandon's blog. While I did not always agree with what Brandon said, I felt that there would be value in his opinion. As many may know, Brandon's Yahoo ID was somewhat infamous, and he got into some pretty verbose spats on the message boards. While I did not agree with his message board persona, I saw real potential in his articles, where he employed a more business like approach.

I approached Brandon, and we discussed some possibilities. One of my initial concerns was his participation in the message boards, and I expressed this. He did not want his message board identity to simply die, and expressed that there was needed to be a transition of sorts. While agreeable, because of the situation, I still had concerns about message board postings, and the impact it could have on the credibility of SiriusBuzz. It did not take long for people to link Brandon's yahoo persona with Brandon. I even sent an email pointing out that someone had arrived at that conclusion because the yahoo persona had the same cost average as Brandon. I again expressed concerns over the issue, expressed why I tend to avoid message boards, and suggested he do the same.

I use a pen name, and suggested he do the same. The reasons for using a pen name were simply a matter of privacy At the same time, Charles and I decided that the tabs on SiriusBuzz were not working out. A second site became a viable option, especially since Brandon already had one. I suggested the name satwaves, and Brandon registered the name. The concept was that the more detailed articles would be on Sirius Buzz, and the more general articles, press releases, etc. would be on Satwaves. The thought process was that with two sites that had differing focuses, that additional revenue would be generated because people would visit both. These site do not make a lot of money, but take a lot of time. With the pie being split up further, we were searching for a way to bring on Brandon while not impacting what we were getting out of the site(s). The Satwaves concept was born, and while it existed, we wound up not doing much with it. The concept was to carry a "soft" relationship between the two sites while pooling revnue, and that the focus of the two sites would differ, thus satisfying the desires of more readers. While not a perfect solution, it was the best that we could do with the situation.

The first Hartlieb debate happened in the fall of 2008. Brandon had theorized that Hartlieb was with the NAB, and felt that Hartlieb was responsible for the huge drop in Stock price. I had known Hartlieb for quite some time, and while I did not always agree with him on many points, we had a mutual respect. At one point Brandon wrote a piece about Hartlieb that brought up the initial legal concerns. I mediated the issue and mitigated those concerns, and expressed to Brandon that he had to be very careful when he write about Hartlieb, so as not to get the site dragged into a legal situation. At no time did I say that Hartlieb could not be written about, nor that Brandon could not disagree with him. Later that year, Brandon took some time off away from the site as well as the radio show.

The latest Hartlieb incident, was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. Ifter terse communications back and forth regarding several issues, it was determined that Brandon would get the Satwaves site as his own to do what he wanted. This seemed a viable solution, and happened. SiriusBuzz even offered to host the site until he could find a new host, etc. We were not throwing up any roadblocks at all to his launch of the site. Over the next couple of weeks, various things happened, and Charles and I remained silent about them. There were many private messages sent to SB forum participants saying that this site censored Brandon, and that I was in cahoots with Hartlieb. On SB, only 1 PM per minute can be sent. There were so many PM's sent by one party that the Spam filters at SB were set off, notifying this site of the invitations to move over to the forums there. While I had looked beyond the slanderous type comments regarding censorship and me being in cahoots with Hartlieb, I was not going to stand for my system being used in attacks against me or the site any more. I exposed the issue. A "recruitment" effort was underway for forum participants, as well as principals for the site.

continued.....
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    05-14-2009, 09:21 AM #65
    from previous.....

What was supposed to be a smooth break had turned into something well beyond that. It had to stop. The forum PM's did stop. Our records on the server show that. What did not stop were efforts to recruit away moderators and some of the posters in the forums that were most active.

I had conversations with TWO people about my concerns and everything that transpired. These people were between a rock and a hard place. As it turns out, they were being offered a full partnership there, and wanted to know what SB would put on the table. We came to an agreement with one party, and thought things could move forward. In the end, that party was an active participant there already, and had agreed to be a partner. This was never expressed to us, and the "outing" happened a couple of weeks later. The other party wanted to write and have articles published. I expressed a williningness to do that, but that material would need to be reviewed first before allowing full access to publishing without review. It would not be responsible for the site to bring someone on, and give them full publishing power without ever having seen their work. If that writer demonstarted their ability, then full publishing power would be granted. That person decided for the immediuate full publishing power and a full partnership on the other site.

There were many things that Brandon and I did not quite see eye to eye on. We have differing opinions on issues, differing writing styles, and differing behaviors on business, etc. The tax forms Brandon were sent were for 2008 taxes. Pretty simple and straight forward. Brandons final payment here will come at the same time mine does. When the revenue for his last month is received from the advertisers. Some of these advertisers are NET 60. This has been explained, but still seems to not be understood. We can't divide up revenue that we can not yet quantify.

All of that being said, there was a rumor campaign that started, and it did not come from me. readership here is exactly as it has been. Forum participation is down a bit, and part of that is attributable to some actually believing those rumors. This site remaind silet for three full weeks in hopes that the activities would stop. They did not. Now insinuations are made that we are "scorned", and desparate to bring traffic here. The opposite is true. I was relieved to let Brandon go his own way. Readership remains steady. If I felt "scorned" about anything it was a few "white lies" that were told to me persoanlly by principals there, but that is water under the bridge.

Whether I like it or not, these site will always have a connection because Brandon wrote here. In my opinion, had the actions of Brandon and his partners in those first three weeks been done differently, we could have coexited without all of the drama.

I do not want to get into the business of pulling out emails, private messages, spam notifications, etc. We have them all, and it would demonstrate some of the things that have been said, but in the end, it accomplishes nothing.

I want Satwaves readers to read satwaves as well as Sirius Buzz. I want SiriusBuzz readers to read siriusbuzz as well as satwaves. I want people to feel comfortable in all of the forums. If a reader participates in both sites, that is fine. I want to limit these flame wars, and keep the sites above that. I will not participate in them any more other than to offer clarity if there is something insinuated about or this site.
    Tyler Savery

Guru
    05-14-2009, 09:21 AM #66
    Tyler????, If I recall correctly cfrceo left and started satwaves because of the way he felt he was being treated here and at other sites. Homer I believe was the main reason for his big blow up. Brandon (cfrceo) was mad at Homer because he felt homer was picking on him. There was a whole thread about it, I even made comments like "grow up" and "good riddance", that I would much rather have "homer" because I like factual information and not just theories and conjecture, which cfrceo was a master of. Ether way satwaves was created soon there after. Now are you saying that all was just a big lie or what.

Enthusiast
    05-14-2009, 09:43 AM #67
    john not true he had the site set up long ago as siriusnews and rumors or something like that I just deleted it from my favorites the other day and he used it a lot during the merger process and the name was changed, a long while back and i just got around to updating my feed

john yahoo july 2008 link << http://www.siriusnewsrumors.blogspot.com... >>

and then this Monday, September 1, 2008
    Sirius News & Rumors Has Moved
    Sirius News & Rumors is now located at

http://www.satwaves.com/ !
    if this needs edited out feel free to take the liberty
    Last edited by tim wallick; 05-14-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Guru
    05-14-2009, 10:07 AM #68
    Thats funny Tim because after just having cfrceo confirmed as Brandon I was posting at Satwaves main page and said something like lets not forget who Brandon really was and that the tag line of this site used to be something like SIRI rumors and conjecture, and there was a reason few of us came to this site very much. Ether way it was started or at least he started to give links to his site soon after that.

Here is the link to that thread;

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495

Enthusiast
    05-14-2009, 10:29 AM #69
    i read a post on yahoo that said cfrceo and brandon both sold at the same price. funny stuff

I will say this for tyler and charles,I think they are giving you the facts straight. tyler may not even remember/or recall me but at one point we exchanged some emails and he was always honest and open with me. on the subject matter. I have great respect for very few people within the media based on their position and the fine line they often are forced to walk on many issues. tyler and i do know your name you just keep presenting all sides of the issue honestly.

signed by tim wallick and thats my real name.

Ps i just read the link funny stuff all boards and blogs go thru the same crap, i remember when that happend
    Last edited by tim wallick; 05-14-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Head Honcho
    05-14-2009, 10:44 AM #70
    John.....

Satwaves has existed for quite some time, though it was not utilized very much. As Tim states, there is a fine line that has to be walked, and I always tried to do my best to stat on the correct side of that line.

I outlined the information in the above post.

I would have preferred that message board postings would have slowed down and died off, but they didn't. Charles and I always stated that there was no need for any of us to post links to the site, and that people would find there way to the information on the site naturally.

Brandon and I differ in many ways. How we appraoch an article, how we approach our research, how we approach speculation, how we approach discussion of stock prices, buys, sells, etc., and what is/is not proper in terms of marketing the site (I prefer a more organic growth).

Readers can see these differences for themselves, and I am not saying that I am right and he is wrong in how we approach things. We simply differ. People who read the sites will formulate their own opinions as to the quality of the read, the quality of the information, and the depth of that information.

I hope this clears up things for you. My recollection is that the original brandon site was siriusnewsrumors.blogspot.com. SiriusBuzz had no affiliation with it.
    Tyler Savery

Page 7 of 11 ... 56789 ...