Page 6 of 9 ... 45678 ...
    Addict
    05-12-2009, 08:33 PM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    i knoiw im just jokin hopey pokey
    You have a great night and hope better PPS days ahead SOON..LOL
    Last edited by SiriusHope; 05-12-2009 at 08:36 PM.

Mentor
    05-12-2009, 08:54 PM #52
    hey relmor, i didnt mean to instigate you into an argument here at all. HONEST. i wanted to highlight an opinion that brandon gave to john( defending his article, brandon stated something along the lines of this stock is not going below .40 fact) , then minutes later he deleted the comment and on the forum recommended a sell @.38 and buy in @.31 because"he wants all his followers to profit like him". then all of sudden , everyone started posting bearish feelings on siri. you can consider my post here a bash, and it is. definitely not bashing you tho. and relmor, i appreciate your opinion very much, as you incite very good discussion on company metrics, TA, and other subjects regarding this stock. but i do have 1 question, and please answer honestly. i'm not trying to pick a fight with you at all , i just want an honest OPINION from you. since brandon came out with the "siriusxm is not manipulated anymore since feb" NO ONE ON WAVES is basically allowed to mention the word manipulation, do you agree there is just a supply/demand price movement or there is still manipulation? im just asking for your opinion, im under the impression it is still manipulated(but i could be wrong).

Guru
    05-12-2009, 08:58 PM #53
    3 for 3 ... the third restaurant now with sxm playing, this one was playing coffee house, upscale place.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    05-12-2009, 09:04 PM #54
    Anyone see any hope of this stock going back to the .50s anytime soon?

Mentor
    05-12-2009, 09:14 PM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    I am going to ask the more knowlegeable on this site, which is most likely everyone compared to me:

On the sell and bid level 2 quotes, are the 100 incremental offers that keep popping in just under/over the larger trade orders the MM's holding down the pps? I am watching the orders come in and it consistently seems that small incremental trades "push out" the larger ones, especially in the last 10 minutes of the trade day.

Sorry if this is a beginners question, but I haven't been watching the level 2's for long. Thanks.
    Yes and no to your Question Tunes.
    Think of it as your a client who wants 2 mil shares bought or sold at .40.
    you put your order in and the broker or MM's you gave it to has 1 job to do and he's working for you to get your price smartly(which means don't let the price run up or down with large orders).so he will put in 100 share trades in the bid or ask depending on whether your selling or buying trying to drive price up or down to fill all or part of it..now this only works on low vol days like we have now,with no particular pressure to buy or sell,what is commonly called consolidating..It is perfectly legal to do and he will do his best because he wants to keep you as a client for the commissions on the trades,if you fail he;ll get someone else next time...nowsometimes mm's will not really have any orders at market so they will trade back and forth to artificially skew the market to where they think the buys will come or sells ,either one doesn;t matter to mm's.. hope this helps alittle,also they compete against each other too on both sides,ask and bid..

Mentor
    05-12-2009, 09:25 PM #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Anyone see any hope of this stock going back to the .50s anytime soon?
    yes we will see .50 soon,maybe this friday or monday,but definitely by annual meeting..we saw .63 on way up and .05 on way down ,but briefly for each,
    we have been avg .10 increments every 3 weeks or so in our low's to bounce off of..Right now people have profit target prices set for themselves depending on where and when they bought in.you can see it in the sell prices in level2 for penny ask's not 4 digit ask;s,they are sell limit orders backed up from .42 to .80 in the thousands and this is the only shares that are available from the longs who have most of the common outstanding shares.
    so they will have to keep taking it up slowly to get inst. their shares to hold long term..the rest is retail swing and day traders swaping 10k-30k blocks every day,and their are thousands of those traders out their..

Head Honcho
    05-12-2009, 09:32 PM #57
    For All.....

I have received a few messages asking what I thought the stock price would do. One thing you will notice is that I never recommend buys, sells, waits, or holds. As a writer and owner of this site, I want to avoid any possible situation where I, or this site, may get viewed as pumping, dumping, or trying to influence investor actions. I have always been clear on this... I am not a financial advisor. Additionally, my contract with Seeking Alpha is very specific. As a gold level contributor, not only do I need to disclose my position in an equity, but I also have to disclose whether or not I have, or intend, to trade within three days of publishing an article on an equity. Rather than trade SIRI actively, I made the decision to simply hold what I have in this company. I respect my contract with Seeking Alpha, and this is why I am not a huge participant in talking about the swings in the forums, and am not actively trading the stock.

That being said, all of you are welcomed to discuss strategies, trades, etc. to your hearts content. Active traders love this type of discussion, and this site encourages all of you to share, debate, and contribute.

Thank You all for your participation.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    05-12-2009, 09:41 PM #58
    hey tyler, never asked asked you about stock prices, but i did ask you whether you can clear up the capex issue which you never replied too. is the satellite launch for this year paid for or not? there was some debate by a few guys and i dont think we got a definative answer. it is an important question IMO because it does affect FCF for this year. ty..gl

Mentor
    05-12-2009, 09:59 PM #59
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    hey relmor, i didnt mean to instigate you into an argument here at all. HONEST. i wanted to highlight an opinion that brandon gave to john( defending his article, brandon stated something along the lines of this stock is not going below .40 fact) , then minutes later he deleted the comment and on the forum recommended a sell @.38 and buy in @.31 because"he wants all his followers to profit like him". then all of sudden , everyone started posting bearish feelings on siri. you can consider my post here a bash, and it is. definitely not bashing you tho. and relmor, i appreciate your opinion very much, as you incite very good discussion on company metrics, TA, and other subjects regarding this stock. but i do have 1 question, and please answer honestly. i'm not trying to pick a fight with you at all , i just want an honest OPINION from you. since brandon came out with the "siriusxm is not manipulated anymore since feb" NO ONE ON WAVES is basically allowed to mention the word manipulation, do you agree there is just a supply/demand price movement or there is still manipulation? im just asking for your opinion, im under the impression it is still manipulated(but i could be wrong).
    No problem Siriushope, i think I know who you are talking about. No worries, been a long day, and I just wanted to clarify again the trader vs. investor thinking. I KNOW its painful and boring, and seemingly irrelevant to haggle over pennies, but thats how i trade, to the penny. Ive decided this is the best way to recoup my money in sirius, not by holding. I respect investors and hold nothing against this strategy(Im not Big Ben, basically, although he is funny... hehe).
    Brandon has decided maybe its best for his mind to think there is no manipulation. Maybe he thinks it makes him a better trader. I have talked about the manipulation aspect till i have been blue in the face. Its still their everyday. I believe all stocks are manipulated however. I knew this going in, and being under $1 was going to make it a bear to get back.
    I do think the manipulation aspect affects less experienced traders more, as the high volitilty might throw some off. Nature of this stock. I have accepted that fact.
    I pick my spots now, otherwise it sounds like whining. What he says is true, yes, in a perfect world. And yes, these conditions that Sirius facing in trading is very difficult, and weighed against the retail investor
    1. 2 decimal points
    2. hidden bid/asks we cant see
    3. Late on SI reports, and insitution buying...
    4. Shorting at times of their liking....
    etc...
    But the mm's , even ISEG has limits to what they can do. They wont make it an easy road to $1, but I still feel we will get their. I do not think Brandon is being a dictator over their, as I post there A LOT, i have not sensed this, but he has definately backed off that aspect. Does he change his mind a lot? Yes... We all do.. But when you post a lot, and write articles a lot, it may appear whishy washy, but this stock is constantly making you rethink what you know. You would have to ask Brandon personally, i can only tell you what i see. And i think hes been fair on this topic. The only topic he sours on is Mr. H stuff, AND I DONT BLAME HIM ONE BIT. If you really believe what Mr. H believes, I wouldnt hold this stock for one second. Sounds too dangerous.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 05-12-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Enthusiast
    05-12-2009, 10:00 PM #60
    Boy I hope your right, Johnny!

I'm along with Hopeful for the .50 range again. For two days I kicked myself in the arse for screwing around and second guessing my game plan when it hovered and dance around between .54 -.55 that one morning for s short time before the bottom dropped out. I would have been happy with the small profit then.

You see, I'm a noob at all this. I can admit it. A lot of the stuff mentioned here is still over my head and all but I really appreciate all the posts in here and the more I am learning the more fascinated I'm becoming with all of this. I'm 48 so I guess it's never too late to learn, or at least try to.

I've learned so far that when I make a plan I should stick to it. Hesitation cost me last week, literally. I also found myself wanted to get into stocks really short (um, like day traders to take a quick small profit) but find myself now acting more like a swing trader. SIRI here has caused me not to think "Oh the hell with it, I'll get out now and take up the loss later" attitude but more of a "I see potential here at SOME point - why take such a loss if I'm not stressed to?" Wait it out. I guess I'm a "switch hitter". I'll go short, but if I have to hold long, I'll do it.

Maybe that's stupid, but just thought I would share my trading strat so far. Guess I'll go back to reading more of the Stock Market for Dummies!

Keep up the good work here! Good group of people in this forum.
    Jeff aka mrmertz

Page 6 of 9 ... 45678 ...