Page 1 of 8 123 ...
    Mentor
    05-08-2009, 06:57 AM #1

SIRIUS Intraday Thread Friday and Weekend May 8th 2009

Lets see where today goes as yesterday was crazy with the CC and slanted stories about either (.01) or (.07) loss.
    It will be interesting to hear what Liberty has to say at their CC today at noon..SiriusXM has laid the foundation for their Business plan and are about to take care of ther landscaping to make it have curbside appeal IMHO..

Good Morning and post away..

05-08-2009, 07:42 AM #2
    Honestly, I am at a loss at what happened. I knew the sub numbers would not be great but if your CEO says "We are finally cash flow positive", shouldnt that set off a fire storm for buying? OMG

Mentor
    05-08-2009, 07:52 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ZealonsUnited View Post
    Honestly, I am at a loss at what happened. I knew the sub numbers would not be great but if your CEO says "We are finally cash flow positive", shouldnt that set off a fire storm for buying? OMG
    It was normal market profit taking around a CC report,happens in every stock.
    Day and swing traders play it all the time,difference is Retail saw major loss of subs(remember it is first time in SXM's history loss of subs at all)..

The full report will get parsed and hopefully some Analysts will come out with opinions on it soon,not counting on it tho,but we will stay stagnant and then steady rise as before every 3 weeks or so seems to be the patern..

Enthusiast
    05-08-2009, 08:12 AM #4
    There will be upgrades soon. That will certainly help us get above the 200 mda. I am not sure we will get a big bounce now that I once thought but it will be steady but slow climb soon. with much smaller pullbacks. Still a hope that there is a nest of shorts above that will unwind though.

Enthusiast
    05-08-2009, 08:52 AM #5
    The huge sell off not long after the opening bell...when it dumped momentarily to .40...was this a whole bunch of shorts seeing it begin to plateau once more and taking in the days high profit or was it a few individuals with huge blocks selling off? I'm new to this stock market thingy but my gut tells me it's the first.

I know, it's just speculation and has no bearing on today but just curious as to opinions.
    Last edited by mrmertz; 05-08-2009 at 08:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Guru
    05-08-2009, 09:20 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ZealonsUnited View Post
    Did he actually say that? The numbers didn't show it but I guess they would know they are in the current quarter.

Mentor
    05-08-2009, 09:23 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
    The huge sell off not long after the opening bell...when it dumped momentarily to .40...was this a whole bunch of shorts seeing it begin to plateau once more and taking in the days high profit or was it a few individuals with huge blocks selling off? I'm new to this stock market thingy but my gut tells me it's the first.

I know, it's just speculation and has no bearing on today but just curious as to opinions.
    Smart investors,which i call preferred customers of Brokerage houses,will put an order in of large share purchase or sell,then the Brokers or MM's will look to get the client in or out smartly at their price.so when you hear consolidation going on and where are they getting the shares from today,who is selling,it is the MM's aquiring shares usually at low prices in small increments.when they have aquired enough they match it with the purchase order and execute it,usually taking it down in price,but also up in price if scenario is reversed,sell order ..A simple answer because there is alot more that goes into it,but that is the gist..

Mentor
    05-08-2009, 09:29 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Did he actually say that? The numbers didn't show it but I guess they would know they are in the current quarter.
    Imromo,technically by report standards they are not YET FCF,but if you look at the report,for first time we actually took cash from operations and paid off debt without borrowing,Paid Part of Liberty Deal 1 time charges,we were 66mil positive in FCF out of just operations of business,then paid for property andother stuff to not show a profit.In 4Q we were 19 K FCF positve also..
    Big jump and Mel did say he excpects us to be FCF positve this year and beyond..

Enthusiast
    05-08-2009, 09:38 AM #9
    Thanks Johnny! Okay, was not like I thought. I suppose Liberty's CC today won't affect Siriously's stock at all. It seems like this stock just has some kinda dark cloud hanging over it. I look at other stocks on my watch list and can't seem to help myself from thinking "Damnit...this stock is costing me money elsewhere" but I guess hindsight is always 20/20. I'd be happy if it just made it back to it's .52 close but with the way SIRI has been trading it won't be (for me) for a loooong time. Ugh.

Thanks again for the explanation!

Mentor
    05-08-2009, 09:39 AM #10
    Level 2 shows 6200 sells to 3900 buys,major sell off going on right now,alot of buyers will get in cheap today,,..we could see .35 today..

P.S.correction,over 5 mil wants in at .39 to .40,not enoughb shares to get there..misread level2..
    have no idea where is going today,but looks higher if sellers hang tough
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 05-08-2009 at 09:42 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ...