Page 5 of 15 ... 34567 ...
Results 41 to 50 of 142
  1. SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,701
    05-18-2009, 01:01 AM #41
    The great part about all of this is that if you don't like what we do here, you can simply change the channel. I would expect all who question our credibility and our intentions to simply move along. Thanks for reading, sorry you no longer find us useful.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  2. clueless is offline
    Senior Member
    clueless's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Location: New York Posts: 251
    05-18-2009, 01:09 AM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by jmm232 View Post
    Your name says it all.
    Ironic that is was created to poke fun at people like you.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmm232 View Post
    You ever think they are using THIS site to try to drive traffic to the OTHER site??
    No, because the traffic metrics are public and if you had a brain you would use it to see that the other site is being used to pass juice to this website.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmm232 View Post
    Now all the Slacker articles and promo work make sense. $.54 or $5400 last month is not the point.
    They make sense because why... they were cashing in with under a buck each month? If you don't think .54 vs 5400 makes a difference then you are retarded. 5400 a month would tell me they have reason to promote slacker but this unbelievably low ranking http://alexa.com/siteinfo/slackeractive.com plus the fact that they invest in SIRI tells us all we need to know. Not to mention there is no slacker radio show or 5 new posts per day like there are hear sometimes.


    Quote Originally Posted by jmm232 View Post
    Not disclosing that they have some connection to Slacker (via another site) is EVERY article pertaining to Slacker is disingenuous. Ignoring that is missing the big picture.
    It is not in every single article. The slacker giveaway (which is the one I remember) did not have a link to that site.In fact, the other site http://slackeractive.com/slacker-g2-...k-giveaway.php promoted siriusbuzz but hey why look for the facts right?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmm232 View Post
    So on this other site that I will not bother to visit, do they also from time to time promote Sirius? My guess would be no.
    see above plus the links to promote siriusbuzz and all sirius news in their sidebar. You admit that you crucify before you investigate yourself... just blindly follow and hate, that is real smart.

  3. jmm232 is offline
    Banned
    jmm232's Avatar
    Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 206
    05-18-2009, 01:12 AM #43
    This argument is done. Once and for all. I am done posting on this site. I decided to see what SlackerActive was. Nothing special really. This article caught my attention.

    http://slackeractive.com/slacker-g2-...k-giveaway.php

    Posted on February 17, 2009
    The guys over at Siriusbuzz have got their hands on a sweet Slacker G2 prize pack and they are giving away totally free! For those of you who love the service but donít have a few hundred to drop on a new portable, now is your chance. To enter all you have to do is follow them on Twitter and retweet the story. There are only about 50 entries to date so, it looks like this might be a hidden gem with a pretty realistic shot at winning.
    ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE in this article is it disclosed that the authors of SlackerActive and SiriusBuzz are one in the same. Seems to be an attempt to keep everyone in the dark about that.

  4. clueless is offline
    Senior Member
    clueless's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Location: New York Posts: 251
    05-18-2009, 01:16 AM #44
    Ignore the facts and my point for point answer to everything you questioned and move along, typical.

    Show me other blog writers that disclose the other websites they write for? I write for 3 big name blogs and none of them have ever told us to disclose nor have I ever seen another blog disclose their writers affiliations.

    You are clearly simply ignorant, I mean that literally and as non offensive as I can mean it. You obviously don't understand how writing or web developers work. They often amass large networks of websites and interlink them to cross promote IT IS COMMON PRACTICE.

  5. cos1000 is offline
    Senior Member
    cos1000's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 402
    05-18-2009, 09:45 AM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    It was never my intention to hide anything, I just knew that it was never even close to relevant and it had no bearing on anything I ever wrote about. You have your opinion and it is what it is, I am not sorry and don't see any issue so, we will just have to agree to disagree.

    Me and my "Warped Mind" already agree that it may have been unintentional ..... as far as whether or not that it is "even close to relevent and it had no bearing on anything I ever wrote" , we can agree to disagree... Your Slacker Give away promotion while Sirius Xm Radio investors languished over BK concerns is what made it relevant in my mind...


    Clueless you have made my point for me. Thank you for taking me out of the darkness of ignorance... My stated opinion was that "Disclosure" is important to add credibility to the Author's point of view. The fact that you state that its not done at all, or done in a timely, on-purpose manner has you agreeing with my perspective but, giving your opinion that as it is Common Practice, its OK. I would agree with you, Tyler, and Charles if this were a Retail Site pushing product but, it is not. Instead it has become a Standard for where people come for Financial Information and Discussion on their investment in Satellite Radio. Tyler has done an exceptional job in that regard. Not my point.. Disclosure with every article, and I understand that Tyler placing the link to the other site, is what he determined was disclosure and I disagree, is important in maintaining credibility. Especially when he articulated so clearly that Slacker is a competitor... By the way, up until now I have maintained a modicum of civility by not name calling... If that is what it takes for you to get your point across then their can be no debate. I know that your statement of my ignorance was literal and not meant as being offensive, but really.....

    CLUELESS WROTE:

    "You are clearly simply ignorant, I mean that literally and as non offensive as I can mean it. You obviously don't understand how writing or web developers work. They often amass large networks of websites and interlink them to cross promote IT IS COMMON PRACTICE."

  6. TSavery is offline
    Head Honcho
    TSavery's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 524
    05-18-2009, 10:50 AM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    Me and my "Warped Mind" already agree that it may have been unintentional ..... as far as whether or not that it is "even close to relevent and it had no bearing on anything I ever wrote" , we can agree to disagree... Your Slacker Give away promotion while Sirius Xm Radio investors languished over BK concerns is what made it relevant in my mind...


    Clueless you have made my point for me. Thank you for taking me out of the darkness of ignorance... My stated opinion was that "Disclosure" is important to add credibility to the Author's point of view. The fact that you state that its not done at all, or done in a timely, on-purpose manner has you agreeing with my perspective but, giving your opinion that as it is Common Practice, its OK. I would agree with you, Tyler, and Charles if this were a Retail Site pushing product but, it is not. Instead it has become a Standard for where people come for Financial Information and Discussion on their investment in Satellite Radio. Tyler has done an exceptional job in that regard. Not my point.. Disclosure with every article, and I understand that Tyler placing the link to the other site, is what he determined was disclosure and I disagree, is important in maintaining credibility. Especially when he articulated so clearly that Slacker is a competitor... By the way, up until now I have maintained a modicum of civility by not name calling... If that is what it takes for you to get your point across then their can be no debate. I know that your statement of my ignorance was literal and not meant as being offensive, but really.....

    CLUELESS WROTE:

    "You are clearly simply ignorant, I mean that literally and as non offensive as I can mean it. You obviously don't understand how writing or web developers work. They often amass large networks of websites and interlink them to cross promote IT IS COMMON PRACTICE."

    I was in hopes that the discussion would find a happy medium, and everyone can agree to disagree.

    I would like to point out that The relationship between the two sites was disclosed at the very beginning, and in various articles and comments.

    There are many opinions that people have on what this site should and should not cover. Some people want in depth articles, others want the bullet points. Some want to know about other things such as Slacker, others do not.

    I have always been a fan of satellite radio, and became a fan of Slacker. Because I am more "in tune" with what Slacker does, and because I do use the service, it is something that I tend to cover developments on more frequently that a service such as Pandora, LastFM, or IHeartRadio.

    There are many satellite radio fans who use Slacker in addition to their service. Slacker sells itself as a solution that sits between terrestrial radio, MP3 players, and satellite radio. I am one of those people that can enjoy Slacker for what it is without feeling that the service will carry any significant impact on SDARS. There are enough distinct features in SDARS that set it apart and make SDARS unique. Among those features are live news, sporting events, and live talk radio.

    So Why Have A Site Such As SlackerActive?

    There are several reasons:

    1. We were sensitive to those that did not want to see Slacker things posted here, and agreed that every ounce of Slacker news was not appropriate here. That being said, Slacker stuff should not be ignored either.

    2. We are fans of the Slacker service.

    3. We saw this as a way to write about another service we enjoy, and there was little on the net about slacker.

    4. Slackers initial business plan called for the ability for satellite updates of the cached content on a Slacker device. This made it a very relative topic, and in particular during the merger process.

    5. Slacker has some great features that I have always felt satellite radio should emulate on their Internet service.

    Why Is There So Much Sensitivity About Slacker and Not Other Services?

    1. I think satellite radio investors are sensitive to Slacker because there was a point in time when satellite was considered as a means of delivery.

    2. Slacker takes the MP3 player to the next step, allowing for a changing of content, and avoiding the repetition that downloaded songs have on an MP3 player. It also takes Internet radio mobile.

    3. More than any other service, Slacker jumps into the realm of satellite radio, and perhaps that makes investors feel threatened.

    4. Slacker tends to come out with news items that seem to be bad timing for satellite radio investors. This news will be out there whether we cover it or not. In many ways, Slacker is chasing Sirius XM, not the other way around. This shows that Sirius XM has an advantage in the minds of the folks at Slacker. Do you ever see Coke mention Pepsi? No. The reason is that Coke is on the top.

    5. Some XM people are involved in Slacker.

    What's Up With The Disclosures?

    1. We announced SlackerActive here on Sirius Buzz when we launched it. We have made no secret of the relationship. We have mentioned the connection in articles, comments in articles, in the forums, as well as the radio show.

    2. We do not herald the relationship, nor do we hide it. The Slacker news that happens to get posted here has no real impact on the stock, nor is it a consideration of how we cover and follow Sirius XM radio. In the grand scheme, the impact of Slacker articles published here means very little. This site simply does not carry that kind of influence, and SlackerActive is miles away from carrying influence.

    3. Does this differ from a writer contributing to a site when they contribute to another? Should such a writer disclose in every article that they also write for another site? What if they write for a financial site with opinions on the stock?

    4. What we do at SlackerActive is very minimal compared to what we do here.

    Do We Make Money From SlackerActive?

    1. Not really. I was unaware of the fact that we got a check for 54 cents last month. In fact, I have never once asked Charles about the hits on the site, or the revenue from the site. I do know that it costs more to maintain the site/server than a 54 cent check could cover.

    2. SlackerActive does send traffic to SiriusBuzz because we link the latest 5 SiriusBuzz articles there in a prominent position. In that sense, SiriusBuzz derives revenue from people that come to this site via that site. Thus if anything, this site benefits more than does SlackerActive.

    Cos....specific to the Slacker giveaway on the "eve of BK concerns"

    That giveaway was not going to change anything relating to Sirius XM and the negotiations between the company and Liberty or Ergen. Additionally, that give away did not mention Slackeractive at all, but again, we can agree to disagree.

    In the big picture, there are many who love and enjoy both Sirius XM and Slacker. This will always be the case.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

  7. john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    05-18-2009, 11:09 AM #47
    clueless, First of all it is your name and not some thing like "people are clueless", so ether change the name or just take the hits.



    cos1000, I can see where you are coming from. It is a trust issue and weather it is common to state where other people write or not is not the issue. The issue is if they want to be a trust worthy place to come, the primarys should disclose this when it is a compitetor. I mean really a good example would be, and I am sure many would like to know if Tyler writes for a NAB site or a HD radio site. Tyler are you getting it yet.


    But cos1000, really you are going to come to this site and complain about the author being trust worthy when you are over at Satwaves reading Brandons shit. I mean you now know who he really is (cfrceo), that should be enough to keep most away. If you ask me they need more "Gino" and less "crfceo".


    Tyler and Charles your biggest mistake was not letting us all know who Brandon really was.


    Charles, remember that thread in which we discussed this trust issue, do you now see what I mean.



    P.S. cos1000, I do remember Tyler talking about Slacker here well before they created the other site for Slacker. I dont think he ment to be misleading about it but should have been more open about it. That in the end is what I believe is the difference between your two views.
    Last edited by john; 05-18-2009 at 11:15 AM.

  8. relmor2003 is offline
    Mentor
    relmor2003's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 1,937
    05-18-2009, 11:17 AM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    clueless, First of all it is your name and not some thing like "people are clueless", so ether change the name or just take the hits.



    cos1000, I can see where you are coming from. It is a trust issue and weather it is common to state where other people write or not is not the issue. The issue is if they want to be a trust worthy place to come, the primarys should disclose this when it is a compitetor. I mean really a good example would be, and I am sure many would like to know if Tyler writes for a NAB site or a HD radio site. Tyler are you getting it yet.


    But cos1000, really you are going to come to this site and complain about the author being trust worthy when you are over at Satwaves reading Brandons shit. I mean you now know who he really is (cfrceo), that should be enough to keep most away. If you ask me they need more "Gino" and less "crfceo".


    Tyler and Charles your biggest mistake was not letting us all know who Brandon really was.


    Charles, remember that thread in which we discussed this trust issue, do you now see what I mean.
    Enemy you know........ John.....
    Enemy you know........
    Brandon is a sensationalist journalist, he jumps the gun, thats his style. Tyler is conservative to neutral overall in his writing. He did condone the 4 billion in synergies, the biggest reason I bought premerger. We know this was now...
    1. A lie.
    2. A mass gross overestimation by Tyler, and every analyist who covered this stock. As Tyler always mentions analyist opinions, it has been gross negligence to not mention where these 4 billion of future synergies are coming from? 300 million a satellie.... ok... zero so far... But waiting.. thats the biggest one...
    Renegotiating contracts.... so far...
    50 million from GM....
    100 million in adminstrative savings....
    20 million in programming....
    Im running out here....
    People WHO KNOW THE company better than me, Tyler, Brandon, Newman, Charlies, Homer, you John even, cos....
    No one has brought up this huge miscalculation. Whos job is it? no ones...
    Whos job would it be more likely to be....
    Tyler, who reports analyst opinions as they come out....
    No calling out on this topic...
    That is a huge trust issue...
    Who brought up the manipulation in the stock first(besides me)...
    Brandon did. he went to bat, and battled the banks, the company, and others to let it be known this stock is not trading even to a NORMAL degree of manipulation. The manipulation in this stock runs to the media(fake bk article, WSJ fluff piece day before we lost 50 percent stock value(from the PM high)... too many examples to mention....

    All this being said, Im not bashing Tyler for how he writes, Its more of what he doesnt write that bothers me, and his timing.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 05-18-2009 at 11:20 AM.

  9. SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,701
    05-18-2009, 11:27 AM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I mean really a good example would be, and I am sure many would like to know if Tyler writes for a NAB site or a HD radio site.
    First of all, it was disclosed in the very beginning.

    What would Tyler be writing about on these websites? The news? I don't know how this analogy totally fits because I don't think its possible to like the NAB and SATRAD at the same time while it is possible to have a simple honest interest in both slacker and sirius.

    There are guys who write about mac's and pc's for no other reason then the fact that they know and understand computers, is that really a conflict of interest to be knowledgable and report on news for both sides?

    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Tyler and Charles your biggest mistake was not letting us all know who Brandon really was.
    Brandon was Brandon and crfceo was Brandon... what were we supposed to tell you? When Brandon signed on to work with us crfceo was supposed to be quiet but, Brandon could not let that alter ego die which added to our growing frustration with him.

    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    P.S. cos1000, I do remember Tyler talking about Slacker here well before they created the other site for Slacker. I dont think he ment to be misleading about it but should have been more open about it. That in the end is what I believe is the difference between your two views.
    We deffinately talked about it before the other site. So did everyone who covers satellite radio. Like Tyler said, its on orbitcast and the guy who runs a satrad only store also runs a website with a slacker forum.

    This isn't about disclosure its about cos1000 not being able to ever handle anything negative about sirius (he is not alone) and THAT IS FINE, just tell it like it is.

    We are going to report on the competition because its relevant and if the compeition does something on the eve of a big sirius xm announcement... tough. If we burried that kind of information that would be the kind of thing that should make you call us into question.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  10. tim wallick is offline
    Enthusiast
    tim wallick's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 204
    05-18-2009, 11:31 AM #50
    Who brought up the manipulation in the stock first(besides me)...
    Brandon did. he went to bat, and battled the banks, the company, and others to let it be known this stock is not trading even to a NORMAL degree of manipulation. The manipulation in this stock runs to the media(fake bk article, WSJ fluff piece day before we lost 50 percent stock value(from the PM high)... too many examples to mention....
    when did Brandon, discover this bit of information and make it public I'm just curious as to when this information was being pursued and if it included the fine folks over at Sirius and or xm

    thanks Tim
    Last edited by tim wallick; 05-18-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Page 5 of 15 ... 34567 ...