Page 4 of 15 ... 2345614 ...
    Head Honcho
    05-17-2009, 03:29 PM #31
    I was in hopes that Cos would have researched a bit deeper, and I gave him every opportunity to do just that. He jumped to a conclusion and ran with it, and there is always a danger of embarrassment when you do that.

It is my hope that Cos is simply having a busy weekend, and has not yet had a chance to look deeper and/or respond. As I have always stated, he is welcomed here at any time.

When Charles and I launched SlackerActive, we announced it on this site.

http://siriusbuzz.com/slacker-dj-search-launches.php

Accusations that we hid SlackerActive are not only unfounded and nonfactual, but appear to be an attempt to damage this site. If those leveling such accusations would have spent a few minutes researching, they would have seen that the affiliation of Charles and I to SlackerActive was announced FROM THE BEGINNING.

COS, I hope you will step up to the plate and acknowledge this.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Guru
    05-17-2009, 03:34 PM #32
    whole lot of hoping going on

Head Honcho
    05-17-2009, 04:44 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    whole lot of hoping going on
    LOL.....Just like investors in this sector have been dealing with for a couple of years now.
    Tyler Savery

05-17-2009, 07:11 PM #34
    On February 16, 2009, when SIRI Investors were worried that their investment in SXM was going to go to $0, Charles decided to run this little gem....
    http://siriusbuzz.com/giveaway-slacker-g2-mega-prize-pack.php/comment-page-1#comments

Show me anywhere in this article or in the comment section where a disclosure regarding SlackerActive.com is located. Even after other posters made comments that appeared offended by the timing and I made this post in reponse, Charles disclosed nothing of the other site.

My post then: Feb. 16th, 2009

"Friggin,
    I absolutely agree with you, timing is everything, and right now people who have been loyal to the site are anxiously awaiting news determining whether their investment in Sirius Xm will go to zero or not. Charles thinks this is the time to talk about renegotiating Sirius Content contracts which would require a Chapter 11. Nice timing there too. Now its time for Charles to give away a competitor’s product while significant events are going on relating to the name sake company of his site. Its like going to SaveSirius.com thinking your going to a site that actually gives a shit about what happens to Sirius Xm Satellite Radio. Nice job Charles"

Now I think that post would have been a good time for Charles to tell us about the other site.... Don't You?

On January 18, 2008, 16 months ago, before most who are here now, including myself, you announced the SlackerActive.com site. My point in my comments was to state that "whether intentional or not, it is misleading"...

Here's my post:

"I call like I see it and I see that their has been some deception, whether intentional or not, in your bias……"

As far as all your other comments regarding my intentions, I already said it wasn't personal... I said that I felt it misleading. I have said that in the past when other Slacker Articles were posted. Even with some having the very worst of timing.... almost inciting in nature. As far as whether you make money or not on this other site, that is irrelevant to the discussion... just good or bad business IMHO...

With your long list of what I have or haven't objected too in the past regarding other issues, or authors, I don't see how that is relevant to this discussion.... They seem to be more your issues than mine... Again more deflective than anything else.

What I will say is that your linking back to SlackerActive.com in your article means little to me or any other reader, if we didn't get the announcement 16 Months ago... or even when Charles had the opportunity back on Feb 16th of this year... So now I know.... doesn't change my opinion because I do not consider a Link back a disclosure... Again my bad...

Well I did have a good weekend.... and must say I am quite disappointed in your attempt to discredit my concerns by calling my comments and concerns a "witch hunt"... this could have been handled in many different ways but, you chose to handle it in this way... Saying you respect my opinions is again laughable... and insincere...

I will step up to the plate and retract my saying that "You Never" gave a disclosure about the other site.... You gave a disclosure, and made an announcement in the link provided, which is "16 months old" and then thought in the linking back to that site in your recent article that I or other readers would understand that do be your disclosure. Okay. That is at least more than Charles did in his "Slacker Giveaway Article" on Feb 16, 2009, when this site's readers were awaiting a decision on BK for SXM.

I still think that it is important that all readers know what the intentions of authors might be... It is clear that this site is called SiriusBuzz and most come to find out what it going on with Sirius Xm Radio, and as you say it's competitors. When one of those competitors is a company that your maintain a Separate Site for, disseminating information, and promoting products, that it is imperative that "ALL OF YOUR READERS KNOW THIS"..... that was my point. An article announcement 16 months old, articles by Charles giving product away, or any other such content should contain a clear affiliation statement.... JMVHO

Head Honcho
    05-17-2009, 07:39 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    On February 16, 2009, when SIRI Investors were worried that their investment in SXM was going to go to $0, Charles decided to run this little gem....
    http://siriusbuzz.com/giveaway-slacker-g2-mega-prize-pack.php/comment-page-1#comments

Show me anywhere in this article or in the comment section where a disclosure regarding SlackerActive.com is located. Even after other posters made comments that appeared offended by the timing and I made this post in reponse, Charles disclosed nothing of the other site.

My post then: Feb. 16th, 2009

"Friggin,
    I absolutely agree with you, timing is everything, and right now people who have been loyal to the site are anxiously awaiting news determining whether their investment in Sirius Xm will go to zero or not. Charles thinks this is the time to talk about renegotiating Sirius Content contracts which would require a Chapter 11. Nice timing there too. Now its time for Charles to give away a competitor’s product while significant events are going on relating to the name sake company of his site. Its like going to SaveSirius.com thinking your going to a site that actually gives a shit about what happens to Sirius Xm Satellite Radio. Nice job Charles"

Now I think that post would have been a good time for Charles to tell us about the other site.... Don't You?

On January 18, 2008, 16 months ago, before most who are here now, including myself, you announced the SlackerActive.com site. My point in my comments was to state that "whether intentional or not, it is misleading"...

Here's my post:

"I call like I see it and I see that their has been some deception, whether intentional or not, in your bias……"

As far as all your other comments regarding my intentions, I already said it wasn't personal... I said that I felt it misleading. I have said that in the past when other Slacker Articles were posted. Even with some having the very worst of timing.... almost inciting in nature. As far as whether you make money or not on this other site, that is irrelevant to the discussion... just good or bad business IMHO...

With your long list of what I have or haven't objected too in the past regarding other issues, or authors, I don't see how that is relevant to this discussion.... They seem to be more your issues than mine... Again more deflective than anything else.

What I will say is that your linking back to SlackerActive.com in your article means little to me or any other reader, if we didn't get the announcement 16 Months ago... or even when Charles had the opportunity back on Feb 16th of this year... So now I know.... doesn't change my opinion because I do not consider a Link back a disclosure... Again my bad...

Well I did have a good weekend.... and must say I am quite disappointed in your attempt to discredit my concerns by calling my comments and concerns a "witch hunt"... this could have been handled in many different ways but, you chose to handle it in this way... Saying you respect my opinions is again laughable... and insincere...

I will step up to the plate and retract my saying that "You Never" gave a disclosure about the other site.... You gave a disclosure, and made an announcement in the link provided, which is "16 months old" and then thought in the linking back to that site in your recent article that I or other readers would understand that do be your disclosure. Okay. That is at least more than Charles did in his "Slacker Giveaway Article" on Feb 16, 2009, when this site's readers were awaiting a decision on BK for SXM.

I still think that it is important that all readers know what the intentions of authors might be... It is clear that this site is called SiriusBuzz and most come to find out what it going on with Sirius Xm Radio, and as you say it's competitors. When one of those competitors is a company that your maintain a Separate Site for, disseminating information, and promoting products, that it is imperative that "ALL OF YOUR READERS KNOW THIS"..... that was my point. An article announcement 16 months old, articles by Charles giving product away, or any other such content should contain a clear affiliation statement.... JMVHO
    Cos.....

You started this with your insinuation in the post. I asked you a simple question, and you went on to attack my credibility and itegrity by stating that we have a "click" for revenue site and did not disclose that.

I gave you multiple instances where the disclosure was offered up, and still you attacked our credibility as if we are profiting from the existance of Slacker Active. Now that you understand that the site makes no money you change the tune of what you assign as a motive.

You say things could have been handled differently. You are correct. you could have avoided the basesless and factless accusations in the first place, or at least checked for facts first. Had you done that, we would not be where we are.

If someone is going to attack my credibilty or intentions, I am going to call them out on it. Should I just let baseless accusations go unanswered? Think about what you did, how you went about it, and how you did so without bothering to check anything first.

Do you have affiliation with any other site? Have you disclosed that here?

Given what has transpired, and knowing the rumors and insinuations that have been made about SiriusBuzz as well as Charles and I personally, it should come as no surprise that what appears to be a financial supporter of another site leveling baseless accusations out of the blue would come across in a certain light. If I have that wrong, I will certainly correct the record.

You want this site to be sensetive to the timing of where Sirius XM is at the moment and bury other news? GET REAL. Other companies such as Slacker, HD Radio, and Even Apple all try to upstage each other. Do you think it is a coincidence that the Sony X-Series is shipping in mid June when Apple has their next big shin dig? Think deeper. Companies are competing, and you want us to ignore the news that happens in the sector because it is bad timing for sirius XM? What type of credibility would a site have if it ignored those things? You can't ignore what is happening because the timing is bad.

I understand that you said, "it is not personal", but you leveled accusations that call into question our integrity and motives with no basis in fact. That gets personal.
    Tyler Savery

05-17-2009, 08:26 PM #36
    Bravo, Tyler. Well stated.

I forgot this little guy, perfect for this occasion.
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 05-17-2009 at 09:05 PM.

Head Honcho
    05-17-2009, 09:29 PM #37
    Why this witch hunt is being entertained is beyond me. People write all over the net for all kinds of things that honestly interest them and people don't disclose a long list of websites which they write for because it doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

Me saying that alone is already me saying too much because nothing is going to change your warped mind. Not even the disclosure Nazis that are seeking alpha require you to disclose what websites you write for (and for good reason, its just not common practice). It was never my intention to hide anything, I just knew that it was never even close to relevant and it had no bearing on anything I ever wrote about. You have your opinion and it is what it is, I am not sorry and don't see any issue so, we will just have to agree to disagree.

BTW most people don't disclose every single website they own or write for, its just not how the net works. I hope that doesn't scare you too much.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Banned
    05-18-2009, 12:42 AM #38
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    My comments were made on November 3, 2008 when I attempted to support your efforts at giving a full view of the playing field.... You comment today that "Many Knew" of the other site is nowhere in your responses back in November, 2008... Where was your disclosure then....when my comment was submitted.... A bit deceiving to say the least... Where is your disclosure of your site recently... not in your current article... smoke...

I find it interesting that when confronted in your articles comment section, you chose to take it here to make your case... fair enough... Guess as a reader and poster of this sight, you can take the debate to the forums whenever you like....

Doesn't change anything in my concern about you not being more up front with your affiliations... Even back in your November 2008, article, you failed to disclose anything more than being a fan of slacker and providing a link, never owning the affiliation.... Hey but who cares? Right? It is our responsibility as readers of this site or any other to do our own Due Diligence.... I thought that pertained more to the stocks discussed not the authors and site owners.... MY Bad....
    I have to agree whole-heartedly with your comments here Cos. I also questioned this site about all the promo work they seemed to be doing with regard to Slacker. I was told that they were trying to "keep us informed" about the competition to Sirius. While I do not think they are direct competitors due to lack of content, I gave them their space. Knowing now that they run another click-supported site for Slacker, it all makes sense. They are using the hits on this site to drive traffic to the other. At no time did they EVER disclose to me that they ran another site promoting Slacker. Very disingenuous.

This site is losing a lot of credibility in my eyes. If nothing else, there should be an area of the site laing out your affiliations for full disclosure. Also love how you closed off comments on the article in question to drive people to the forums

05-18-2009, 12:51 AM #39
    These guys have no idea about what they are talking about and that is clear.

Not that it matters but did you guys mis the part where they said that the site made $0.54 last month? What a joke, go do some research about the traffic going to each of the sites and take a look at the total number of posts, you are really questioning their intentions? You guys are either morons or simply too ignorant to decipher the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by jmm232 View Post
    They are using the hits on this site to drive traffic to the other. At no time did they EVER disclose to me that they ran another site promoting Slacker. Very disingenuous.
    Actually, if you noticed they are using the other site to drive traffic away from slacker and to siriusbuzz. Or did you miss the links to the top 5 newest articles right on slackeractive? Do you see the top 5 articles n slackeractive listed on siriusbuzz? Holy crap you guys are dumb.

They arent "promoting" slacker they are reporting on it.

Banned
    05-18-2009, 01:01 AM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    These guys have no idea about what they are talking about and that is clear.

Not that it matters but did you guys mis the part where they said that the site made $0.54 last month? What a joke, go do some research about the traffic going to each of the sites and take a look at the total number of posts, you are really questioning their intentions? You guys are either morons or simply too ignorant to decipher the picture.
    Your name says it all. You ever think they are using THIS site to try to drive traffic to the OTHER site?? Now all the Slacker articles and promo work make sense. $.54 or $5400 last month is not the point. Not disclosing that they have some connection to Slacker (via another site) is EVERY article pertaining to Slacker is disingenuous. Ignoring that is missing the big picture.

So on this other site that I will not bother to visit, do they also from time to time promote Sirius? My guess would be no.

Page 4 of 15 ... 2345614 ...