Page 10 of 15 ... 89101112 ...
    Guru
    05-18-2009, 01:59 PM #91
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    Cos, John, I can understand your perception regarding trust. For me, I'm comfortable in the fact that Tyler and Charles has mentioned several times before that they had the other site; however, I think there could be some more transparency though and the guys could go a long way towards regaining trust by doing something as simple as putting an author on each article written on the Slacker site.

I can respect Charles and Tyler's decision to put Slacker information on this site. Timing is everything though and no SiriusXM investor wants to read anything positive regarding a competitor during troubling times. Cos's example of the giveaway during the BK drama was especially relevant. The recent article was less than timely as well. As I said, I respect your decision. You've stood by it, but the policy is obviously not making you any friends.

I've seen some accusations or insinuations that Tyler has turned into a basher (Relmor being one of them) with his recent article regarding "No Man's Land". Pretty harsh criticism to someone that has gone out of his way to be open, honest, and fair. I read it several times and can't honestly see how anyone could come to that conclusion.

The beauty of all this discussion is that it doesn't get covered up and deleted. It's here for all to see and will remain that way. I certainly appreciate it.

I said as much myself. I know they have said this before but think cos1000 would like it mentioned more (so more people are aware), they think it has been. That was the cusp of the arguement.

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 02:00 PM #92
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    When did slacker give you this radio to give away? the date you knew about it...or the date charles knew about it...
    It was presented to me 24 hours prior, I fought for a better prize, was granted that prize, and gave it away within hours of it being approved.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-18-2009, 02:05 PM #93
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    Charles would have to answer that. I will say that it had to be right at about the same time that the promotion went up. Whether that was 12 hours before, or 36, I'm not sure. We don't sit on things like that. If TSS ggave us a radio today to give away, you would see the aricle poted in short order.
    So, if you dont sit on things like that, being an aware sirius web hoster that charles is, why didnt he see that as an obvious ploy by slacker to drum up some exposure during siriusxm darkest hour. If that were true, then Charles should have waited a few days, out of class. Minimium its classless, maximum it stinks. Stinks real bad. Now, if you had said, we got the radio 12 days before, it would stink a lot worse. but you took the best answer you could, whether 12 hours or anytime, doest matter, it was a PURELY RANDON DAY. Than charles is an ass for doing it on that day, to say the least. As you said you didnt know abou tit, you get a pass. But charles just slapped every siriusxm stockholder in the face by CHOOSING TO POST IT ON FEB 17TH, or by having it arrive on feb 17th, and cant see that as as obvious a sign of a slacker bullshit move as there is possible. And if you dont see that charles, than you are blinded by your love of slacker i guess. either way your a delusional lover of slacker, or you wanted to piss off every stock holder in the company for the opportunity to maximum exposure the radio giveaway(not at all saying you were trying to get people to sell shares, or something, no no no, not saying that at all). im saying at the min. you decided putting up that ad was better than timing, and you didnt care how it was viewed. If you didnt think it would be viewed as bad timing or in bad taste at all, then i dont know how you run a webite.
    and to host a slacker site to boot, as cos pointed out, which i didnt know about, nor care, go for it, just shows even poorer timing, and bad taste. like calling us a name or sommething. True you get other traffic, but a lot of it comes from stockholders too, so being a bit more sensitive, especially when running a competing site, ya, probalby a good idea.

Guru
    05-18-2009, 02:05 PM #94
    k tyler. Just begin your career as a politician now, because you would make an excellent one. fine. Im just saying it was confusing, thats all.

You are just now saying it is confusing, well welcome to the club. You should have been here before, about 2 years ago (someone asked why different analyst have different times and estimates). It was explained about mutiples being different and this and that and it made it even more confusing if you ask me.

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 02:06 PM #95
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    My interest their is primarily the Forums which I find refreshing... and less likely to find an ambush.
    That is because Brandon/Rick bans and deletes people who disagree with them... ahhh refreshing
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-18-2009, 02:07 PM #96
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    It was presented to me 24 hours prior, I fought for a better prize, was granted that prize, and gave it away within hours of it being approved.
    ok disregard my last post. so your just an ass then. or delusional in your love of slacker. they give it away the day before they could go bk? and run it on siriuxm's site? wow... your ignorant, or an ass...
    you pick

how could you think slacker choose that as a random day to give you a radio? You couldnt wait 2 days...
    Last edited by relmor2003; 05-18-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 02:13 PM #97
    So, if you dont sit on things like that, being an aware sirius web hoster that charles is, why didnt he see that as an obvious ploy by slacker to drum up some exposure during siriusxm darkest hour. If that were true, then Charles should have waited a few days, out of class. Minimium its classless, maximum it stinks.
    The marketing team behind slacker had been running those giveaways before the bankruptcy and have done it on an almost daily basis since (on numerous higher profile sites then this one). It was a coincidence and if I thought for a second that it was not, I would not have run the contest.

Than charles is an ass for doing it on that day, to say the least.
    Get your shit straight before you start name calling dude. You are WAY OFF.

But charles just slapped every siriusxm stockholder in the face by CHOOSING TO POST IT ON FEB 17TH
    I am a shareholder and have been sicne I paid over $5 per share. Have you not heard my story about how I let every penny I had ride on SIRI when I graduated from college?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-18-2009, 02:15 PM #98
    relmor2003, I didn't dare even get into what Slacker's motives were for fear of being called a paranoid delusional but, you get the point clearly now..... Policies and procedures for disseminating information are guidelines for strong execution.... not law... Common Sense would have brought any site administrator to your conclusion, unless the intent was to inflame or incite..... So maybe that has me more sensitive to the Slacker articles than others....

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 02:24 PM #99
    Like I said, they were happening before and they are still happening today
    http://search.twitter.com/search?q=slacker+giveaway

You can find plenty of other contests on some big name sites
    http://www.google.com/search?q=slack...L_enUS233US233
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...st&btnG=Search
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-18-2009, 02:27 PM #100
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    relmor2003, I didn't dare even get into what Slacker's motives were for fear of being called a paranoid delusional but, you get the point clearly now..... Policies and procedures for disseminating information are guidelines for strong execution.... not law... Common Sense would have brought any site administrator to your conclusion, unless the intent was to inflame or incite..... So maybe that has me more sensitive to the Slacker articles than others....
    ok, ,they give them away every day. But where YOU giving them away every day. Slacker has an alibei then.... whats yours?

Page 10 of 15 ... 89101112 ...