Page 9 of 15 ... 7891011 ...
    Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 01:35 PM #81
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    You knew just how people would react to knowing who he really was, that is why you did not tell us. It also would have made those articles put out by him that you talked to relmar2003 about make more sense.
    I understand your point but, I didn't know who crfceo was. I have never been a follower of any site other then my own. I certainly NEVER went to yahoo boards and didn't know they existed until I heard them talked about here. It was never my intention to hide who he was, he created a pen name and wrote as the only person I knew he was.

I know cos1000, and I would not say it is because he cant handle negitive things said about SIRIXM, he just wants the motives for articles made totally clear. Not that you guys dont think you did make it totally clear, just not as clear as cos1000 would have liked.
    Fair enough, as long as everyone knows that it bears no relevance to what we write here. I can't stress that enough. I am sick of all the conspiracy theories I am just a guy who designs software for a living that decided to create a site dedicated to something I love, something that I have never been justly compensated for BTW.

On the other hand, Brandon says that he used to be a broker and that he actively trades SIRI (along with his other writers), why don't we question him?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    05-18-2009, 01:36 PM #82
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    ok....... i stand corrected..... but i know i read from Tylers articles more than once on analyist opinions where time tables were not given. And how the hell is mel going to save 1 billion dollars by the end of the year? Impossible!!! Literally impossible. how? Not going to even get a sat. synergy this year. XM's lauch was always scheduled for 2010. So......
    no contracts have been renegotiated expect GM's in which its still a big mystery.. and Mel stated that would save them 50 million dollars. Where is the billiion?

Just so it is clear relmar. Mel never said a time he just said that they would have savings of a about a billion dollars. Some analyst took that to mean within the second year of the merger. I think that because even they did not have first year projections and that is because they thought there would be no real synergies in the first year and many of them also had them saving about a billion or more by the END of the second year. Now I know (from what you just posted) you dont think 350 in EBITDA is not that great but how do you think they went from a big negitive EBITDA to 350 million in positive EBITDA, all in just a years time. There is only one reason that happen. As a matter of fact if you take last years negitive from this years positive then you have well over 500 million IN THE FIRST YEAR (not the second as many thought) since the merger.

05-18-2009, 01:38 PM #83
    I am not just talking about a article being incorrect, here or there ether, I am talking about him being who he really is. I have not seen you get on him yet about that on the main site. So why dont you go over there and do that on the main page and then come back and get on Tyler.
    P.S. Maybe I came in at the wrong time but that is that.
    John, in all honesty I could not give him a hard time for who he really is because I do not know who he really is.... nor do I know who Tyler or Charles really are.... I think Charles is Charles because who else could he be?? I see your point regarding being equally miserable and grumpy in my comments on both sites. All I can say is I will do my best.. You do know that it is not my intent to find fault Equally but to gain knowledge and facts and contribute to the discussion mostly... While Brandon was here I questioned many a defect in his arguments both pre and post merger lest we forget.. I know you have read my comments on articles there and I do not think that they have been "suck up" by any measure... We have had discussion there also.... My interest their is primarily the Forums which I find refreshing... and less likely to find an ambush.. Not a knock here because I have also enjoyed these forums... and the community found within... I would never expect to see my comments on an article there yanked to the Open Daily Thread.... but that is the choice that was made here... brought out a lot of discussion and concern so I guess that's good... but I am done with this for now... will keep your advice close.... later..

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 01:38 PM #84
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Tyler, take me as the average stupid investor looking for truths. Your articles not clarifying this difference, and the time table difference was confusing to say the least,
    Relmor.....

I do the best I can to get info up there for people. This site is not my career, and frankly does not put a roof over my head. I will say that if I do not shed some light on analysts opinions, then the retail investor would likely not see it at all. They would know a report came out, but would be lost as to what that report contained, or would get the news 24 hours later (which may be too late) in the paper.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Enthusiast
    05-18-2009, 01:41 PM #85
    Cos, John, I can understand your perception regarding trust. For me, I'm comfortable in the fact that Tyler and Charles has mentioned several times before that they had the other site; however, I think there could be some more transparency though and the guys could go a long way towards regaining trust by doing something as simple as putting an author on each article written on the Slacker site.

I can respect Charles and Tyler's decision to put Slacker information on this site. Timing is everything though and no SiriusXM investor wants to read anything positive regarding a competitor during troubling times. Cos's example of the giveaway during the BK drama was especially relevant. The recent article was less than timely as well. As I said, I respect your decision. You've stood by it, but the policy is obviously not making you any friends.

I've seen some accusations or insinuations that Tyler has turned into a basher (Relmor being one of them) with his recent article regarding "No Man's Land". Pretty harsh criticism to someone that has gone out of his way to be open, honest, and fair. I read it several times and can't honestly see how anyone could come to that conclusion.

The beauty of all this discussion is that it doesn't get covered up and deleted. It's here for all to see and will remain that way. I certainly appreciate it.

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 01:44 PM #86
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    John, in all honesty I could not give him a hard time for who he really is because I do not know who he really is.... nor do I know who Tyler or Charles really are.... I think Charles is Charles because who else could he be?? I see your point regarding being equally miserable and grumpy in my comments on both sites. All I can say is I will do my best.. You do know that it is not my intent to find fault Equally but to gain knowledge and facts and contribute to the discussion mostly... While Brandon was here I questioned many a defect in his arguments both pre and post merger lest we forget.. I know you have read my comments on articles there and I do not think that they have been "suck up" by any measure... We have had discussion there also.... My interest their is primarily the Forums which I find refreshing... and less likely to find an ambush.. Not a knock here because I have also enjoyed these forums... and the community found within... I would never expect to see my comments on an article there yanked to the Open Daily Thread.... but that is the choice that was made here... brought out a lot of discussion and concern so I guess that's good... but I am done with this for now... will keep your advice close.... later..
    Cos.....

For the record, we moved the discussion to the forum because it was a more appropriate place for what I knew would follow. There was no intent to derail the history, and I have no issue with having the discussion, I just felt the forums were a more applicable place.

Cheers
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Guru
    05-18-2009, 01:47 PM #87
    OK Charles if you did not know who he was thats fine. Both homer and I did and can tell you he is not someone that we would take at face value on anything anymore. You can only be wrong so much, percentage wise before you begin to distrust everything that person says and that was crfceo. Brandon may have changed his name but not his writting style.

P.S. cos1000, the above also go for you and thats fine if you didn't but now you do.
    Last edited by john; 05-18-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Head Honcho
    05-18-2009, 01:49 PM #88
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    If you buried relevant information on a competitor on the eve of a big Sirius Xm Announcement we would call that into question..... but, A Slacker Give Away on the eve of SXM possibly filing BK, is just beyond pale..... Now that kind of news is what I would call Totally Irrelevant.....
    If you feel that giveaway was irrelevant that is fine, you can simply skip over that article, not everything we write about is everyones cup of tea. It wasn't meant to be news... as it was not news, it was simply us giving something away. If you feel it was bad timing, I am sorry but, that is when we were given the product to give away... I believe Ryan did the same thing with a free radio plus subscription giveaway on orbitcast.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-18-2009, 01:56 PM #89
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    Relmor.....

I do the best I can to get info up there for people. This site is not my career, and frankly does not put a roof over my head. I will say that if I do not shed some light on analysts opinions, then the retail investor would likely not see it at all. They would know a report came out, but would be lost as to what that report contained, or would get the news 24 hours later (which may be too late) in the paper.
    k tyler. Just begin your career as a politician now, because you would make an excellent one. fine. Im just saying it was confusing, thats all.

05-18-2009, 01:57 PM #90
    Tyler, acknowledged and agreed.... just unexpected but, hey such is life.... have a great day.... Cos

Page 9 of 15 ... 7891011 ...