Page 1 of 3 123
    Mentor
    05-04-2009, 02:57 AM #1

My Final Post

This will be my final post on SiriusBuzz. I have been asked by Tyler to never post here again. Most of you know where to find me, so I will not mention anything about that here in this post. Suffice to call it "The other Site" There have been some things said here on this site that I wanted to defend myself from.

At "The other Site", my screen name is XM Dave. I was never "found out" as XM Dave. I wrote an official email to Charles and Tyler resigning my position here at SiriusBuzz. In that email, I told them exactly what was going on. I do not like to air my grievences publicly, but apparently there are some with different opinions. To each his own. I will not post any of that stuff here.

Tyler and Charles mention ONE single article that I cross posted to both sites. I simply quoted the post, and did not LINK to the post. By the way, I crossposted one of my posts from here over onto The Other Site too, but that one actually linked to SiriusBuzz but they dont mention that one. Also, my lack of presence over the past two weeks here on SiriusBuzz was NOT because of working on the other site. Feel free to go over there and search the posts. I have almost NONE on the other site over the past 2 weeks. The fact is, the Spring semester is nearly over and I have finals and term papers due. That is my reason for lack of presence. Nothing else.

I find this whole argument extremely childish. Yes, I started on the other site before I officially "quit" from SiriusBuzz. I never slandered SiriusBuzz and I never badmouthed SiriusBuzz one time through everything. Rather than coming out on the other site and saying who I was and letting Tyler and Charles find out by surprise, I did the right thing by sending them an official email back on Friday to let them know what was going on. I had planned to post on the other site on Monday my true identity and intentions. I tried to do things the right way, yet I am being crucified for telling the truth. So be it. Again, I think it is very childish.

It is my opinion that it is impossible to judge people during good times. The true judge of character is how they respond during the bad times. Take that comment however you want.

I appreciate the community that was built here. You people are the only reason that I continue to follow Sirius XM. I will miss you all.

- Newman

Mentor
    05-04-2009, 08:03 AM #2
    I think this post ends your final post reason's why you left,you were site ADMIN on April 13th 2009,guess you failed your finals ,EH!!!
    Guess you weren't very truthfull or forthright now were you...

XM Dave
    Site Admin

Re: OFF Topic Thread - April 13-17 2009
    Sheree: That is a very good point! Main street media has been brainwashing people by the millions into belieiveing what they wanted them to believe.

Lately, the economic information has been quite positive. I think the view is shifting from recession to consolidation. Now is the time to get out there and buy your long term stocks. I am looking at FNM for Monday, and will scan the financials too, but so much hype has been built into them over the past 2 weeks that most of them are already up big.

I really wish that I had said to hell with my credit card and actually put my Income Tax check into my trading account. I would be SOOOO much happier right now because I would have left a core position in a couple of my trading stocks:

Wanted to buy Ford around $2, wanted to buy BAC at 4.75, and thought about buying GE at 6, but didnt have the ammo at the time. Now, FOrd is over $4, BAC is nearly at $10, and GE is sitting at 12. All 100% gains that I missed.
    Bought a large chunk of SIRI at 0.06 when BK fears bottomed the stock. Could have bought MANY MANY more and been sitting on 800% gains.

It could have been beautiful...

Mentor
    05-04-2009, 08:10 AM #3
    and 1 more,note the post number 83..as site ADMIN..
    You said we were free to pop over and check,well i did..
    Note joined april 13th and had 83 post between then and April 29th when you opened thread..
    point proven i think..

XM Dave
    Site Admin

Sirius XM Intraday Thread Wednesday 4/29/2009
    Morning to everyone.

I have a weird feeling about today... I am expecting a decent sized pop today. I don't know what gives me that gut feeling (and that is ALL it is, not based on any factual details at all).

I hope Im right!

Banned
    05-04-2009, 08:33 AM #4
    Some of you people really need to grow up.
    I have another ID on the "Other Site" too. Does that make me a secret covert operative?

Just let it die already. And try not lashing out at users or former users in a public forum. It lacks class.

05-04-2009, 08:52 AM #5
    who gives a rats ass about personal stuff... we are here to help give info (good or bad) about Sirius so people can make money and avoid losing it..... i think Newman or XM Dave (who cares if he has multiple IDs) gives another piece of incite..... childish

Guru
    05-04-2009, 09:10 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ZealonsUnited View Post
    who gives a rats ass about personal stuff... we are here to help give info (good or bad) about Sirius so people can make money and avoid losing it..... i think Newman or XM Dave (who cares if he has multiple IDs) gives another piece of incite..... childish

Well I just have to say this, it was only a few years ago Newman and many others along with myself made fun of FrontMed, aka stackpointer, aka hypocritical ass, aka ect., aka ect. for doing something simular to what Newman did in the thread "Freedom". That said I will be sorry to see Newman go. That being said he needed to go were he was most needed because that site has alot of illrational people over there. He and a few others have their work cut out for them.

I have been at Sirius Buzz for a long time and can tell you while there may not have been that many post or posters the ones that did were some of the most informative I have ever read. Some times it is better to have fewer post and posters, that way the common sense, logic, and intelligence does not get lost in the mass of bullshit post. Yahoo board is a perfect example.

05-04-2009, 09:19 AM #7
    You are exactly right John. I have quite a few shares and stumbled onto this site and realized the posters here seem to have more knowledge on Sirius than the company itself. There are quite a few posters (you, Homer, Relmor, etc...) who I really respect. I dont have the intelligence to understand the numbers or the future outcome for Sirius but I do have Sirius in my truck and read this site daily.

Guru
    05-04-2009, 09:48 AM #8
    When I started posting hear it was not that active. Then Demian came along and posted nearly 100 times a day, then SA came over and posted outrageously...now its back to calm again.

I guess its fine...personalities will migrate to one or the other.

Mentor
    05-04-2009, 09:51 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ZealonsUnited View Post
    Zealonsunited,agree about premise of your argument,but Newman worked here as moderator and Wrote articles once in a while is the point i'm making.
    couldn't care less about posting there here or anywhere with 30 id's,but IMHO he tried to sabatoge SiriusBUZZ by not doing his job like he was and doing the daily houskeeping of the threads and such while doing it over there,
    under another name..I'm sure you have seen and i posted about this place going to a hell in a hand basket...But charles and Tyler are not innocent either as they own this site and trusted others to do the work without checking in and seeing it wasn't being done..
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 05-04-2009 at 09:56 AM.

Head Honcho
    05-04-2009, 10:10 AM #10

My response

Newman is a good person who found himself in a situation that was difficult for him. In my last conversation with Newman, I asked what his intentions were, and we spoke of the direction we wanted his role at SiriusBuzz to be. At that point he indicated that he was fully on board with SiriusBuzz. I took him at his word on that. He did not indicate to me at that time that he built the satwaves forums, nor that he was XMDave and a principal at the site. He indicated nothing other than he was fully on board with SiriusBuzz. Prior to his resigning from SiriusBuzz he also posted an article at satwaves as XMDave.

The problems I see in this is that a site participant, with a title at a site, has responsibilties outside that of standard readers. I fully encourage readers to visit all satellite radio sites, and even participate in them. By doing this you get a range of opinions. What I think is wrong is for an "employee" of a site to participate in another site with an ownership interest without having severed ties to the first site. It is like a McDonalds employee standing in the parking lot of Wendy's handing out coupons.

I do not post on satwaves, nor do I participate in their forums. It has nothing to do with whether or not I like them, it is simply a professional courtesy.

Newman made his decision, and I am fine with that. He had to do what was right for himself, and who am I to tell him to otherwise. Much of what transpired with multiple private messages, recruiting people, etc. had nothing to do with Newman, and I want to let people know that. He is a good person with good insight. I wish he had handled things differently, but what happened happened.

The reasons for pointing these things out (not specific to Newman) is that there was a behind the scenes campaign speaking of censorship at SiriusBuzz, insinuations that I am in cahoots with Michael Hartlieb, etc. that seem to have had the intention of taking people away from this site.

Again, Newman found himself in a tough situation. I personally think that if he could "rewind the clock" that he would have outlined consulting on the satwaves forums and his ownership interest and resigned in our initial conversation. I do not think his actions had the intent of malice.

I wish Newman and satwaves the best in their site. I respect their desire to forge their own brand, and understand that. I disagree with much of what transpired, and would like to see all of this stop.

For readers, my main point is that you, as readers should be an active participant in any site, and as many sites as you want. Principals of sites have a higher level of responsibilty, and must measure what they do carefully.

Cheers Newman
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Page 1 of 3 123