Page 3 of 14 1234513 ...
    Addict
    05-04-2009, 11:45 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    hey stkdn if u want to know the likely future of libery and siri's partnership look at how liberty has worked with time warner and dtv, they have been nothing but good for dtv and time warner, and that includes the shareholders. Siri was never brought up by anybody, interview wasnt about siri it was about dtv.
    thanks Tripping. good.

and I agree that Liberty is all good for SIRI. No negatives. and, even if they buy out SIRI, that's good too, except for those who have held stock for many years at very high buy-in price. But for those with avg SP below a buck, a buy out will be good. And, being optimistic, a buy-out a few years from now would be good for shareholders with higher avg SP too.

Enthusiast
    05-04-2009, 11:46 AM #22
    Ugh...again. If SIRI doesn't come out with any type of news before Thursday I foresee the negative results on the banks over-shadowing ANY little news Sirius might release that day (even half-decent good news). SIRI will slide south along with the rest of the market and we can all sit back for a few more months and watch the shorts at opening bell come in and make a few hundred within a minute or two and while the rest of us just sit here with our thumbs stuck up our posterior.

Give me a break. I hope to God I'm wrong for myself and the rest of us who have waited it out to do something - anything!

Guru
    05-04-2009, 11:55 AM #23
    yes your wrong mertz, siri does not trade with the market, if the market is bad and siri releases good news thats even more people who will jump on siri, if markets are good less people will invest in siri and will invest in higher value stocks. Markets being red can actually help siri believe it or not.

Enthusiast
    05-04-2009, 11:58 AM #24
    yes your wrong mertz, siri does not trade with the market, if the market is bad and siri releases good news thats even more people who will jump on siri, if markets are good less people will invest in siri and will invest in higher value stocks. Markets being red can actually help siri believe it or not.

I hope you are right!

Addict
    05-04-2009, 12:00 PM #25
    Yeah, good point. Does anyone recollect what the DOW did the day SIRI jumped to .62 ?

05-04-2009, 12:12 PM #26
    i no nothing about stocks and have only been following the market for a couple months, but i have noticed one thing.....it seems like whenever SIRI does move, it move in the opposite direction of the big banks.

maybe just coincidence.

05-04-2009, 12:14 PM #27
    ooops..meant "know nothing"

Guru
    05-04-2009, 12:29 PM #28
    lol tabor i do that alot to even though i no better :O

05-04-2009, 12:29 PM #29
    Tripping...I never said they were bought out I said IF they were.Maybe that's why they(Liberty) bailed them out in the first place.I really don't see how this influx(Liberty) of more CEO's in the picture could be any good.Is Mel going to run the company,or will he run? Time will tell.One usually has to look at who is running things, and lately I don't see much. Poison Pill??I bought this stock at well over a dollar and some cheaper,so I have been waiting a LONG time. Liberty is running the show here not M.K. Sorry but the shorts are drooling again.

Guru
    05-04-2009, 12:35 PM #30
    i completely disagree, having john malone and greg maffei on the board is not going to be seen as a negative by anybody. Stock will probaly react better the less mel k talks and seems to be the main controller. I like mel k alot, but he has not been good for this stock. malone is somebody who has a nice following, many investors follow him and invest in whatver he invests in much like buffet. The street loves malone, this is a fact.

Page 3 of 14 1234513 ...