Page 5 of 6 ... 3456
    Enthusiast
    04-27-2009, 02:44 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by bsirius View Post
    04/01/2009 - 06/30/2009?
    That means there are ~9 weeks left in Q2, correct?

I assume that the i-phone app is in final testing and certification or Mel wouldn't have mentioned the Q2 release during the Q408 cc on March 12th.

Like Relmor already stated, if the app is not launched before the Q1 call, we should at least get an update during the cc.

Can anyone think of a reason to postpone the launch until the end of Q2 so that new subs aren't recognized until Q3?
    I would think it will be released as we get closer to Father's Day, but I would like to see it earlier.

Enthusiast
    04-27-2009, 02:52 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    hey guys, its called containment, this is how we guarantee it doesnt get out of control, maybe not as serious as the media makes it but people need to take it serious cause it has the possibility. no one wants to see this get worse and start effecting those who dont have such great immune systems like the ederly, if we go about acting like nothings wrong thats how it will get worse, look at the cases in mexico they are moving up up up quickly. We gotta start putting measures in place so the same does not happen here.
    I'm in Egypt, and have watched the bird flue deaths here, over the last few years. anyhow, one made it into to the media last week do to a death the other nine new cases were never mentioned again, its in a area with many organic type poultry operations and the government pretty much controls the media here and some things are never spoke about publicly or in a fashion as you outlined. at one point they killed off every raised bird they came across and held mass burnings.

also the us government runs namru3 here a us navy research project. and uses a total of eighteen hospitals within Egypt for gathering information on all types of disease within the middle east and other Arab countries where we have forward troops deployed to access exposure levels and detail the specific genome on all viral or infectious issues that arise.

I do know what has taken place in Mexico was outlined a couple of years back by one of the leading global think tank groups used by the American government,( on terrorism issues) which trys to be forward thinking regarding a new attack on American soil.

I have been following what the who is and isn't saying I was very surprised by the early comments which indicated this should not have happened now as the weather conditions are not optimal coupled with the other comments on the linking of the genome of four types of virus. with only a twenty four hour incubation period.

which i assume is why homeland security was openly involved early.

this type of issue could really damage the American economy if its forced to begin to shut down service's and business.

I honestly hope its just a simple flu bug which mutated naturally and burns its self out as rapidly as it appears to be spreading currently.

imho i think there may well be more to this story then currently is being told publicly.

I also think sirius did everything to indicate a good quarterly report could be coming based on their past reporting actions and timing

Guru
    04-27-2009, 03:25 PM #43
    any bidders out there? come over here so i can punch u in the face ^_^

Addict
    04-27-2009, 03:27 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by tim wallick View Post
    imho i think there may well be more to this story then currently is being told publicly.
    I don't think there's more to it than has been stated publicly. The reason for the deaths in Mexico has been attributed to the lousy health care system there and the fact that many wait till they are gravely ill before going to the doctor or a hospital. While that happens here, it is less prevalent since our Emergency Rooms cannot turn anyone away, regardless of ability to pay. Once stabilized, they can be discharged, but with flu, that's not an issue. They get the appropriate meds for free and go home to recuperate. You won't see the level of death we are seeing in Mexico. This will burn itself out quickly in the U.S., especially due to warmer weather.

04-27-2009, 03:46 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    any bidders out there? come over here so i can punch u in the face ^_^

One of the worst business decisions i have made in a long time was last Monday for not taking my profit and getting the hell out.

WTF.................

Addict
    04-27-2009, 03:57 PM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Jworld View Post
    One of the worst business decisions i have made in a long time was last Monday for not taking my profit and getting the hell out.

WTF.................
    I don't think so....SIRI should move up after the upcoming CC on May 7. Bet it goes way over last week's high of .62, assuming SIRI BOD doesn't get wiped out by swine flu, though some may disagree !!

Guru
    04-27-2009, 04:08 PM #47
    i agree with u underway, any1 see the bid go to .44 when the ask was stil .425

04-27-2009, 04:09 PM #48
    This stock makes me want to vomit some days.

Today is one of those days.

-- I wasn't going to drink today but...

Addict
    04-27-2009, 04:23 PM #49
    article on the Fool (I know, everyone hates them) is putting big expectation on SIRI CC on May 7 to move the stock considerabley, one way or the other. I take that as an UP. They just too chicken sh$t to say it.

04-27-2009, 04:29 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    article on the Fool (I know, everyone hates them) is putting big expectation on SIRI CC on May 7 to move the stock considerabley, one way or the other. I take that as an UP. They just too chicken sh$t to say it.

Another reason to kick myself in the bottom. Should of,would of,could of sold and bought back in today and added another 40,000 shares to my investment.

Page 5 of 6 ... 3456