Page 2 of 11 1234 ...
    04-22-2009, 08:43 AM #11

rumors and such

g'mornin' all

I'm curious about this iPhone application rumor.

More to the point, I'd be quite curious if the info came from the Fool's article "A is for Apple L is for Leapfrog" - below is an excerpt and link

"There's the Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) (NYSE: CMG-B) mobile ordering program that came and went in January. A bug-free version was supposed to be out already. And Sirius XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) will finally release an in-house app to stream Sirius and XM Web radio streams this quarter."

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...-leapfrog.aspx

Guru
    04-22-2009, 08:53 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    What you dont consider another 20 cents in increase ARPU and about 100 million in additional revenue for just that quarter good news. I have to ask what do you think is going to happen when you give over 4 million subs a choice to pay ahead and not get the increase til after or just take the increase as is. While the percentage is in question of what each of them do ether way it is going to mean a huge increase to the bottom line. I cant stress this enough. They could lose 200,000 subs this quarter and they would still be getting more revenue then before.

P.S. That does not include the ones that end up paying extra for the internet connection. While it will most likely be alot less in revenue then the other, it will add to it. I am willing to bet more people will want to be in before that report comes out, then out.
    Yes I am looking forward to this. that is why i bought more yesterday.
    Last edited by imromo24; 04-22-2009 at 08:57 AM.

Guru
    04-22-2009, 08:58 AM #13
    John:

My daily mantra, i added #8;

I have a check list for selling....not until the following are met:
    1. iphone app released
    2. synergies realized
    3. although #2 is synergies synergies is one thing, but having 2 times the bandwidth WHO-AH!
    4. Liberty media...i think we just had 2 mergers in the last year
    5. When Mel and company say "We are profitable"
    6. Economy turns around (i think its happened but ill wait until its announced, and then wait at least another quarter after that announcement)
    7. Auto industry posts better numbers
    8. ARPU...up up and away

Guru
    04-22-2009, 09:06 AM #14
    ramsey the iphone app is not a rumopr siri has cameout and said what they are doing and it should be released 2nd qtr, as to actual day it gets released that is a rumor. i was wrong about xm last night they were upgrading it for the 2.99 change but it is going to take more than 1 night i imagine.

Guru
    04-22-2009, 09:17 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    John:

My daily mantra, i added #8;

I have a check list for selling....not until the following are met:
    1. iphone app released
    2. synergies realized
    3. although #2 is synergies synergies is one thing, but having 2 times the bandwidth WHO-AH!
    4. Liberty media...i think we just had 2 mergers in the last year
    5. When Mel and company say "We are profitable"
    6. Economy turns around (i think its happened but ill wait until its announced, and then wait at least another quarter after that announcement)
    7. Auto industry posts better numbers
    8. ARPU...up up and away

I dont know about number 8. The only real way that is going to happen again is if advertising catches up with the subs or they do another rate (this time of the main rate) increase in 3 years. Advertising may happen but I dont think it will ever catch up. Also I dont put to much hope on a rate increase any time soon to include 3 years. Mel knows there is just so much the masses are going to pay for radio. That is also why I said before, I dont put to much hope in the Iphone app bringing in that many more subs. I know people are thinking in the millions, I would be thinking we would be lucky in thinking in the hundreds of thousands.

P.S. That is why this time and the last time when they had a 20 cent increase in ARPU it was huge, because it does not happen that much, it usually gos down.
    Last edited by john; 04-22-2009 at 09:20 AM.

Guru
    04-22-2009, 09:26 AM #16
    John you try to confuse!!

Guru
    04-22-2009, 09:38 AM #17
    buckle up here we go....pointing upwards.

Guru
    04-22-2009, 09:42 AM #18
    yeah that was a quick pop to .45 hope the rest of the day is like that -

Mentor
    04-22-2009, 09:43 AM #19
    And as I said at the beginnig of this thread, I think this is right where we stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    I think today we will be "walking the dog" with an even trading day with no huge ups or downs.

Guru
    04-22-2009, 09:45 AM #20
    momentum chart for today is positive and moving upwards from yesterday.

Page 2 of 11 1234 ...