Page 1 of 11 123 ...
    Mentor
    04-22-2009, 12:49 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Thread: Wednesday April 22

Up, Down, Up, Down, Up, Down...

The term yo-yo comes to mind...

I think today we will be "walking the dog" with an even trading day with no huge ups or downs.

What happened to watching paint dry?

04-22-2009, 01:18 AM #2
    Hi, Newman, I have sirius and fnm as well!

Mentor
    04-22-2009, 02:51 AM #3
    The ES and I guess more importantly for SIRI, the NQ looks like its resuming its breakdown from the rising wedge as we speak, though we got plenty hours left to see where it lands. Better for SIRI if it can get back in. SIRI's in a channel - one possibility is it follows suit, and builds an ABC down from its EW - something to ponder. Shanghai composite is down, but asia mixed. Not to mention the VIX closed above resistance today.. err... yesterday.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 04-22-2009 at 03:05 AM.

Guru
    04-22-2009, 07:34 AM #4
    I predict we either go up or down to open the from there we go down or up thoughout the day...jk

buy rumor sell news, we had news this week that caught some by surprise...but the earnings is coming and we should see either buying and upward moves or flat until next week...if good news comes out watch for a pop.

i have been looking at momentum charts and we are in a neg momentum trend, lets hope that reverses today.

Guru
    04-22-2009, 07:59 AM #5
    well the online stream is still working i guess they were just upgrading it geting it ready,cause itlooks diff

Enthusiast
    04-22-2009, 08:13 AM #6
    looks like bono upset the radio folks as many are calling again to boycott the musical works of all that support the performance fee.

within the last six months just over 260 radio stations went dark.

I think the information below would bode well for pay services going forward.

twice.com is reporting real networks/vodafone and four major labels have partnered for music delivery.

A new business model launched in Asia by Real-Networks to download music over-the-air to cellphones has made the leap to Western Europe, signaling the potential for an eventual U.S. migration, Real-Networks chairman/CEO Rob Glaser said.

In Spain, Real teamed with wireless carrier Vodafone and the big four music labels to bundle unlimited over-the-air music downloads and unlimited interactive music streaming with an unlimited data plan
    also joe biden was heard to say,"We "will find the right person for intellectual property czar,"

and wired is reporting this on the obama white house

Obama, Keep Filling Administration with RIAA Insiders
    Wired News - ‎12 hours ago‎
    That missive urged the president to stop tapping RIAA insiders to his administration. That letter by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, Public Knowledge ...

04-22-2009, 08:14 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    well the online stream is still working i guess they were just upgrading it geting it ready,cause itlooks diff
    Good Morning Tripp,

My, you are up early today aren't you. Betcha can't wait for another
    heartstopping, breathtaking, stimulating day of excitement. Who needs coffee!!
    Sirius is my caffeine.
    Any predictions for today?

Julie

Guru
    04-22-2009, 08:14 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    I predict we either go up or down to open the from there we go down or up thoughout the day...jk

buy rumor sell news, we had news this week that caught some by surprise...but the earnings is coming and we should see either buying and upward moves or flat until next week...if good news comes out watch for a pop.

i have been looking at momentum charts and we are in a neg momentum trend, lets hope that reverses today.

What you dont consider another 20 cents in increase ARPU and about 100 million in additional revenue for just that quarter good news. I have to ask what do you think is going to happen when you give over 4 million subs a choice to pay ahead and not get the increase til after or just take the increase as is. While the percentage is in question of what each of them do ether way it is going to mean a huge increase to the bottom line. I cant stress this enough. They could lose 200,000 subs this quarter and they would still be getting more revenue then before.

P.S. That does not include the ones that end up paying extra for the internet connection. While it will most likely be alot less in revenue then the other, it will add to it. I am willing to bet more people will want to be in before that report comes out, then out.

Guru
    04-22-2009, 08:19 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tim wallick View Post
    looks like bono upset the radio folks as many are calling again to boycott the musical works of all that support the performance fee.

within the last six months just over 260 radio stations went dark.

I think the information below would bode well for pay services going forward.

twice.com is reporting real networks/vodafone and four major labels have partnered for music delivery.

also joe biden was heard to say,"We "will find the right person for intellectual property czar,"

and wired is reporting this on the obama white house

Obama, Keep Filling Administration with RIAA Insiders
    Wired News - ‎12 hours ago‎
    That missive urged the president to stop tapping RIAA insiders to his administration. That letter by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, Public Knowledge ...

Tim it is only a matter of time. Europe already makes them pay. That is one of the basis of RIMMs arguements that if they are doing it why are stations in the US getting away without doing it.

Addict
    04-22-2009, 08:22 AM #10
    I'm buying 45k more shares at .41
    This thing's gonna move up today. I can feel it......but where do I feel it?....that's the key!

Page 1 of 11 123 ...