Page 3 of 7 12345 ...
    Guru
    04-22-2009, 07:17 PM #21
    Michigan has the "big grey cloud" 6 months straight spanning across the entire state...im under it right now...the best is driving north from kentucky when you reach the boarder of oh and mi and you can practically see the whole cloud.

04-22-2009, 08:26 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Michigan has the "big grey cloud" 6 months straight spanning across the entire state...im under it right now...the best is driving north from kentucky when you reach the boarder of oh and mi and you can practically see the whole cloud.
    Today we had a nice assortment of weather. First thing this morning.
    I walked outside to go work, beautiful sunny day. On my lunch hour
    I went to the carwash, still beautiful sun of course. I wasn't back
    to work 20 minutes and then a downpour. Sun came back out,
    an hour later, then it's hailing!! And as I started to leave work, a
    downpour again. That was a waste of a $8.00 carwash. I could have bought 15 shares of Sirius instead!!

Julie

04-24-2009, 08:23 PM #23
    Where is everybody? What are you doing this weekend?
    Come out and play!!
    Julie

04-24-2009, 09:44 PM #24
    Julie, how you doing today ? I was kind of busy and haven't had much time to go online. But I did check on Sirius earlier today and had a post on the stock talk. How is the weather in Michigan, probably better than here. I just came back from a bike ride, 89 degrees and sandstorm, hate it.
    Talked to my folks back home, learned their is quite some progress in the negotiations between GM and their European brands, esp. Opel. I know there are some serious bids and I am confident there will be a deal soon, this will help everybody, in Europe as well as here. My father worked for Opel for 35 years, retired in 2004 but since the br talks he is at the plant in Ruesselsheim almost every day.
    What is going on at the bank ? Do you work at one of the big ones or a local , if you don't mind my asking.
    Talk to you later.
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Where is everybody? What are you doing this weekend?
    Come out and play!!
    Julie

04-24-2009, 10:10 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Julie, how you doing today ? I was kind of busy and haven't had much time to go online. But I did check on Sirius earlier today and had a post on the stock talk. How is the weather in Michigan, probably better than here. I just came back from a bike ride, 89 degrees and sandstorm, hate it.
    Talked to my folks back home, learned their is quite some progress in the negotiations between GM and their European brands, esp. Opel. I know there are some serious bids and I am confident there will be a deal soon, this will help everybody, in Europe as well as here. My father worked for Opel for 35 years, retired in 2004 but since the br talks he is at the plant in Ruesselsheim almost every day.
    What is going on at the bank ? Do you work at one of the big ones or a local , if you don't mind my asking.
    Talk to you later.
    Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I got home about 2 hours ago from work. The bank I work at is a small
    community bank. I used to work for a large bank that merged a few times,
    ended up as National City. Bigger isn't always better. We, the employees,
    got lost in the shuffle. There wasn't any personal touch with customers,
    bottom line was always sales. I became very disillusioned there and quit
    when I moved about 80 miles away. I didn't care about getting back into
    banking but it is what I know best. I found a small bank, only about 10
    branches, kinda like a Cheers of banks, everybody knows your name. I
    really enjoy this place, what a different feeling. I really enjoy my customers.

Beautiful spring day today and yesterday. Today was 81!!! Last week we
    had some light snow. We never get bored with the weather here, it's
    always different. It's amazing the difference in people's moods when
    the sun is out and the weather is so nice.

My dad (he's passed away) retired from GM years ago. I'm sure they
    will survive, through the years the auto industry has gone up and down.
    Hard to believe they got to this point.
    Good "talking' to you,
    Julie

04-24-2009, 10:52 PM #26
    Hi Julie, sorry about your dad. I am going to call my dad tomorrow and let him know that your father worked for GM too , small world.
    I am glad you work for a small community bank, I am sure it is much better than one of the big ones. My bank here in Hobbs doesn't even has 10 branches, as far as I know they have 4 or 5 . I had an account in Florida, this bank had only one branch, it was like a family.
    I don't know much about Michigan, I did visit the NW and NE but never came close to the Great Lakes. I guess I have to put that on my summer list, because when we get 110 degrees around here for more or less 3 to 4 months
    it can drive you nuts. Sometimes I ask myself, what am I doing here. But mild winters , warm spring and autumn isn't that bad, not bad at all, esp. if you consider where I come from it's 6 months winter and the rest of the year it's cold. LOL.
    Julie, you have a great weekend , nice talking to you.

Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Hi Daniel,

I got home about 2 hours ago from work. The bank I work at is a small
    community bank. I used to work for a large bank that merged a few times,
    ended up as National City. Bigger isn't always better. We, the employees,
    got lost in the shuffle. There wasn't any personal touch with customers,
    bottom line was always sales. I became very disillusioned there and quit
    when I moved about 80 miles away. I didn't care about getting back into
    banking but it is what I know best. I found a small bank, only about 10
    branches, kinda like a Cheers of banks, everybody knows your name. I
    really enjoy this place, what a different feeling. I really enjoy my customers.

Beautiful spring day today and yesterday. Today was 81!!! Last week we
    had some light snow. We never get bored with the weather here, it's
    always different. It's amazing the difference in people's moods when
    the sun is out and the weather is so nice.

My dad (he's passed away) retired from GM years ago. I'm sure they
    will survive, through the years the auto industry has gone up and down.
    Hard to believe they got to this point.
    Good "talking' to you,
    Julie

04-25-2009, 07:25 AM #27
    Hey Julietoo and Hello NEWMAN!

Greetings from Stratton-Winhall Vermont! As I type this Stratton Mountain is basking in the sun light and the trails still have plenty of snow. Its too bad I can't go snowboarding but I have to meet my new employees. I purchsed the Stratton Winhall market and closed on it this week thus this is the reason why I've been silent for a couple of days. It's a locals market and a high end food store during the ski season for the visitors to Stratton with a really cool wine selection. however the previous owner let it go and it became very dated. I have every contractor coming in this week, and I'm replacing nearly everything and adding catering and of course Italian specialities from Brooklyn. So its my new project and probably what I will do full time when Sirius hits two bucks, since its the only real food store for miles around here.

Anyway if any of my fellow sirius family members are inclined to visit Stratton Mountain ski area (the Aspen of the East and home of the US OPEN snowboarding championships) let me know and I will take care of you guys at the winhall market when you come up.

04-25-2009, 07:43 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by LMaze View Post
    Hey Julietoo and Hello NEWMAN!

Greetings from Stratton-Winhall Vermont! As I type this Stratton Mountain is basking in the sun light and the trails still have plenty of snow. Its too bad I can't go snowboarding but I have to meet my new employees. I purchsed the Stratton Winhall market and closed on it this week thus this is the reason why I've been silent for a couple of days. It's a locals market and a high end food store during the ski season for the visitors to Stratton with a really cool wine selection. however the previous owner let it go and it became very dated. I have every contractor coming in this week, and I'm replacing nearly everything and adding catering and of course Italian specialities from Brooklyn. So its my new project and probably what I will do full time when Sirius hits two bucks, since its the only real food store for miles around here.

Anyway if any of my fellow sirius family members are inclined to visit Stratton Mountain ski area (the Aspen of the East and home of the US OPEN snowboarding championships) let me know and I will take care of you guys at the winhall market when you come up.
    Good Morning L,

How exciting to be entering this new venture (and adventure) in your
    life!! Sounds like a wonderful opportunity. I'm sure things will be exciting
    as well as hectic as you proceed. Italian, the best!! Did I mention I'm
    Italian?
    Alas, this girl must leave for work. Please keep us posted.

Julie

04-25-2009, 07:28 PM #29
    Julietoo: was at the market all day, business better than expected within 200 dollars of last year and considering that we had very little merchandise due to the construction we did very well. I am pleased. Good staff and we will add to them.

Congrats on being Italian, me too. now for a great dinner with a mountain view and......talk to you tomorrow. Peace out.

04-28-2009, 08:18 AM #30
    Good morning Julie too, what's good in Michigan paisano? Have you seen the proposed plan for the GM bail out, if not check Brandon's post at the other website which shows the press release.

Real estatte market starting to pick up a little here, as Wells Fargo becomes the dominant player in the game this week. How are deposits at your bank?

Beautiful weather today in New Jersey but its supposed to get very cold again here, in the 30's.

Page 3 of 7 12345 ...