Page 2 of 7 1234 ...
    Guru
    04-22-2009, 02:29 AM #11

Hey Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Hmmm 85 and sunny here in Dallas. Quite nice weather. Was thinking about going swimming tomorrow.

julietoo: Do you know what swimming in an outdoor pool feels like?
    I love the OCNF on your positions!! Quite classy! A brotherhood of sort! Arghh..matey! Welcome to the rusty ships!

Guru
    04-22-2009, 02:45 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    With sunshine ANY weather is bearable!! I think I read somewhere
    Michigan is second in the nation for cloudy days. I believe Seattle, Wash
    is #1.
    What an odd effect with snow, lightning and thunder. I hope you had
    your camera.
    Julie
    I am from Seattle..I have lived by Denver for 13 years....damn that is a long time....Seattle is the most depressing place that I have ever lived. I used to be a commercial fisherman and sailed from there to Alaska all of the time, up in Dutch Harbour and UnAlaska. To make a story short, Alaska has way more sunshine on the average than Seattle. The mosquitoes are the size of 747's and are insane. After a day working on the deck of a fishing boat, you can't even hardly recognize your face. It is that bad.

It is really weird in Alaska, coming out of a bar at 3:00 in the morning and staggering in broad daylight!

I love Alaska...it is a gunslinger place...the further out...the rougher. I just would love to go up there for a couple of months gold prospecting.

Why I didn't do it before I will never know.

04-22-2009, 08:29 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    I am from Seattle..I have lived by Denver for 13 years....damn that is a long time....Seattle is the most depressing place that I have ever lived. I used to be a commercial fisherman and sailed from there to Alaska all of the time, up in Dutch Harbour and UnAlaska. To make a story short, Alaska has way more sunshine on the average than Seattle. The mosquitoes are the size of 747's and are insane. After a day working on the deck of a fishing boat, you can't even hardly recognize your face. It is that bad.

It is really weird in Alaska, coming out of a bar at 3:00 in the morning and staggering in broad daylight!

I love Alaska...it is a gunslinger place...the further out...the rougher. I just would love to go up there for a couple of months gold prospecting.

Why I didn't do it before I will never know.

Interesting story. How is it you came about doing commercial fishing?
    Kinda DEADLIEST CATCH guy. Ever see that show? How long where
    you on the boat at a time? What did you catch? And why did you
    stop? So many questions, you started this.

Julie
    Mosquitoes the size of 747's!!

04-22-2009, 08:41 AM #14
    FF is awesome..I am a commish also four years running. Romo is the man, almost as good as Big Ben.

I am waiting on the take down..by order in .405 15k.....sell order in .4795 20k...good luck all...play the swings because they are vicious.

To the buy and hold camp....remember 5 2's equals one 10. Don't always shoot for the supermodel at the bar....the 2's work much harder for your attention. In this analogy Mel on the unicorn with a dividend on his back is the supermodel...guess what she/he is not coming over to your table to buy you drinks...food for thought.

Guru
    04-22-2009, 09:08 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Interesting story. How is it you came about doing commercial fishing?
    Kinda DEADLIEST CATCH guy. Ever see that show? How long where
    you on the boat at a time? What did you catch? And why did you
    stop? So many questions, you started this.

Julie
    Mosquitoes the size of 747's!!
    I have watched that whole series and wondered why I did it. I loved the money, because it was large, but it is a 20 year old's game.

I used to go out 6 months at a time. We would hit port about every 30 days and offload and then backload then out again. It is extremely tiring and tempers are short and a lot of fights while out at sea.

I fished for crab, pollock, cod and yellowfin sole over the years and finally quit when I was moving to Colorado.

I just finished up with my graduate school stint...I was working on my Doctorate and quit in my second year of my internship. I had a computer consulting business and went back home to Seattle. It was a sunny day and I was down by the docks and saw a bunch of fishermen getting ready to steam up to Alaska. I was talking to them and fell in love with the romance of the whole thing. I went back to Oregon and closed down my business and went back up to Seattle and got hired on to a fishing company. Pretty crazy stuff, but I had enough of school and a really bad personal time. I needed an escape and fishing served my purpose.

It is a real love/hate relationship at sea. I loved the sea and sailing, but hated what came with it, but at the same time I loved the freedom and the life style. It was a great experience. The people were rough and the partying was fun, but over time it wears you out.

Being a fisherman gives a person a large sense of pride. It is extremely dangerous, but is a time that I would never trade.

So there! Lol....

Mentor
    04-22-2009, 09:34 AM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    So, Newman, you do have a physique??
    The picture tells the story story..............just kidding
    Just think about this....
    <--------- SPEEDO

Enjoy your day.
    Last edited by Newman; 04-22-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Guru
    04-22-2009, 02:34 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Just think about this....
    <--------- SPEEDO

Enjoy your day.
    Oh God!! (laughing pretty hard here!)

You have a good one too...lol Too many visuals!

Mentor
    04-22-2009, 02:52 PM #18
    Whenever I am in a dept. store, I browse in the mens underwear section and when they ask me if they can help me find something, I always say that "I'm an underwear model and just checking out my competition." I point to a pic on one of the underwear packages and I say something like,
    "That guys new and he doesn't pull off that pose very well does he. Does he really look like he is just casually hanging out in his underwear. I'm a natural because I really do casually hang out in my underwear everyday for hours. I'm good at what I do."

Then they will ask me why they haven't seen my photo on any of their underwear packaging and I say, "Those brands are too expensive for this store my friend......look for me next time you go to France or Italy."

04-22-2009, 03:05 PM #19
    Thats funny! I'm a former underwear model myself, i'm still on some packages in walmart and sears, but obviously I would be no compition for you since my stuff is at the cheap stores

Guru
    04-22-2009, 07:11 PM #20
    Pink jerseys, sunshine and male underwear.... assless chaps? crotchless panties?

Page 2 of 7 1234 ...