Page 21 of 23 ... 111920212223
    Mentor
    05-04-2009, 01:24 AM #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenland View Post
    whooooooooaaaaa , wait a minute here. Bassmaster ? i beg to differ , you have to out fish me first before you claim that glory. my friend , the Bass-Apprentice , will soon take my title of Bassmaster as i graduate to " BassVader "

just kidding man , nice to meet you.

lol , what's up guys ! i've been so busy with work and classes i haven't a real clue of whats going on. i can always count on people in here to bring me up to speed though. i've read several articles and threads in here but the only thing i remember is Malone. can he make a difference in the company ?

peace out !

pessimists < > optimists

hmmmmm, saturday i went out in one of the many nyc reservoirs i fish(by far the hardest group of fisheries in the northeast because they are 1500+ acres each and rowboat only) . i got a 5 1/2lb large mouth on a rocky flat, a 4 lb smallmouth in the same area, 3 more 4lb largemouth in a weedy area by a feeder creek and some cookie cutters scattered around. 21 pounds in the day would def have me on top of the leaderboard for that particular fishery. and we're barely into prespawn!!!! if we didnt have frozen lakes here in the winter i'd be beyond "vader" , i'd be bassemperor! lol..just teasing..nice to meet you too

Mentor
    05-04-2009, 01:52 AM #202
    just wanted to bring up a point, maybe i'm rehashing old news but i just thought of this...malone controls sirius, he has his eye on all the books. IF he sees sirius as a healthy money producing machine, why would he allow his loan to be repaid early when he can just collect the interest worry-free? the expecting new authorized shares may be used to repay debt, but i believe it wont be malones. now if that makes sense to any of you, then answer this.... 1.which loans would they be used to pay off(realistically, not what you wish)? 2.is it prudent to pay debt thats not due for a long time with cash now(cash is king now obv why waste it and inflation in a couple of years from now would make the debt seem smalller than its value now)?
    3.if they dont use the authorized shares for debt, are they just being held in their back pocket for future emergencies?

now considering the options, what if sirus pays off the malone loan with the new shares, what should we think then? would it be something to worry about for us longs,,,,maybe???

another note.
    the poison pill is all malones will to protect his assetts first,imo. he put up a shield over sirius, noone's gonna touch this baby. liberty has no history of taking a company private, it is a good sign. i see malone as a hella smart businessman and hopefully soon his genius flows into the income producing aspect of this company.

response would be appreciated..ty..gl
    Last edited by bassmaster; 05-04-2009 at 01:56 AM.

Guru
    05-04-2009, 08:53 AM #203
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    That's f**ed up for him to do that,explains why he wasn't around to put the sticky's and other stuff upo here..Typical Dallas cowbot fan,no loyalty and not man enough to spell it out and leave...And i just joined there because i like a few posters there with their incite on this stock because you had to register to see the post's and then they started posting Homer's ,John's and
    a littyle bit of my post over there,was going to say something there about that because i know Homer and John said they weren't goping to join there..
    That is just not right!!!! at all,I'm pissed now...

JohnnyIrishXM, I dont care if people post crap I put up. Actually if it is put under a different name people may even read it (and then say, man that makes alot of sense). I do think them making people sign up to see the other threads will hurt there number of views though. It may also stop people from signing up to the forum. I know it took me a long time to sign up for the forums here and only did it after reading something in the forums that I felt I had to comment on. Then again that may only be just me.

I do have to revise the ARPU for this 1st quarter though. I made a dumb mistake and forgot to do the average over the 3 months, seeing that the increase did not come till almost the end of the 1st quarter the ARPU will be alot lower then I thought. it still should not effect the extra revenue they pulled in from people extending their subcriptions though. I thank Tyler for reminding me (in his article) of that ARPU mess up......SORRY.

Mentor
    05-04-2009, 09:42 AM #204
    Made same mistake John with ARPU,forgot about free turn on and Free month extensions..But other stuff is just childish and bull crap in my view,they just wanted to bstart their own site to make money which is fine but don't create false reasons why you are doing it and be honest..

Mentor
    05-04-2009, 09:43 AM #205
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    JohnnyIrishXM, I dont care if people post crap I put up. Actually if it is put under a different name people may even read it (and then say, man that makes alot of sense). I do think them making people sign up to see the other threads will hurt there number of views though. It may also stop people from signing up to the forum. I know it took me a long time to sign up for the forums here and only did it after reading something in the forums that I felt I had to comment on. Then again that may only be just me.

I do have to revise the ARPU for this 1st quarter though. I made a dumb mistake and forgot to do the average over the 3 months, seeing that the increase did not come till almost the end of the 1st quarter the ARPU will be alot lower then I thought. it still should not effect the extra revenue they pulled in from people extending their subcriptions though. I thank Tyler for reminding me (in his article) of that ARPU mess up......SORRY.
    Too late John. You will NOT be forgiven. String him up.....
    This stuff has to stop.

Guru
    05-04-2009, 09:53 AM #206
    just a heads up, if i sign up for the "other" site I will probably change my name too, maybe, imromo25, not sure yet.

Mentor
    05-04-2009, 10:33 AM #207
    Trust me, Tyler and Charlie could care less that we post things from here on other sites. And they could care less if we do the same. I believe their only point is that Newman "worked" for them, and considered it a loyalty issue. This site fully endorses posting other peoples opinions here, or using our opinion here, and posting them elsewhere.
    Nor do they mind a third party searching their site for content for theres.

Head Honcho
    05-04-2009, 11:28 AM #208
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    just a heads up, if i sign up for the "other" site I will probably change my name too, maybe, imromo25, not sure yet.
    Let me put it this way....

"Principals" (people employed by a site) have a different responsibilty than readers. IMO that responsibility includes loyalty and actions that will not damage a site. As a principal at SiriusBuzz, I do not post messages on Orbitcast, satwaves, XM411, etc. I feel it would not be approprtiate for "Tsavery" to have comments on those sites.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    05-04-2009, 11:29 AM #209
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Trust me, Tyler and Charlie could care less that we post things from here on other sites. And they could care less if we do the same. I believe their only point is that Newman "worked" for them, and considered it a loyalty issue.
    It was more then loyalty, it was trust. I specifically wrote and reached out to Newman about him working with Brandon and let him know that I didn't feel comfortable talking business with someone who could take that information and use it for a separate endeavor (competition). This was the only point I made in the email to him, it was short and sweet and he replied with something along the lines of, I am not working with them and I am on board with you guys 100%. I then began to open up to him again, setup a deal with him to throw him a couple of bucks, got him posting (and his posts approved in a matter of hours... not weeks) only to have him working with satwaves all along. Those are the facts, I am doing everything I can to leave emotion and my personal thoughts out of it.

I would rather not talk about anyof this nonsense but, I have to set the record straight.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-04-2009, 11:34 AM #210
    this freedom thread is officially: EPIC LEGEND!!!