Page 5 of 23 ... 3456715 ...
    Guru
    04-20-2009, 11:56 AM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    John, Im sure the only reason they didnt contact Homer is because they know he will go where he wants, regardless of anyones attempts. Plus Homer is loyal to this site, and I think they know that. Para Rick probably has thought better than to PM people now, as it is not very classy, and has decided that Tyler is right on this issue, as he is, as it is very classless to recruit people from one site to another. Get them their on your own merits. Ive been reading both posts intraday, and the faster, trading information comes in from that site right now. But for overall information, day in and day out, Homer, John, Newman, Demian, and a few others here really go over the nuts and bolts like no others. I would hope we could all be on one site, but thats not going to happen. I think there are two types of personalities being discovered, where one person may prefer the one site to the other. Maybe Brandon and Tyler and Charles can make up at some point.

relmor, that whole post for homer was a joke, you need to lighten up. If you read it carefully it is actually a joke on myself.

Guru
    04-20-2009, 11:59 AM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    You see the irony John,they knew Homer wouldn't leave the site so they went to the second in line validator of all things SiriusXM,unless homer changed his mind!!!

That was funny and just so happens as I was just telling relmar I was joking about that other post you hit another out of the park.

Sorry I was wrong, I guess I should just scroll down next time or at least look at the times of the post.
    Last edited by john; 04-20-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Guru
    04-20-2009, 01:20 PM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by doobz26 View Post
    No.. I am not that guy. I am the guy who refuses to stop and ask for directions.

As far as Tyler vs. Brandon... Tyler's articles are always factual and well thought out. I've always enjoyed them.. almost every single one. I don't ever see him take a stand any anything or go out on a limb.... and that is fine. Seems to be the kind of guy he is. Brandon's articles on the other hand seem like they were written kind of spur of the moment. He almost always made predictions and took a stand on issues. He certainly was wrong in some of the cases... and there were articles of his that i did not like at all. But I still think he was valuable to this site and this whole ordeal is just stupid, and the site is less interesting because of it.

Well I dont know if I would go as far as to say ALWAYS FACTUAL, but he uses a lot of common sense and logic. As to Brandon you are correct but if Brandon is really cfrceo then he could be replaced by many. That is not to say it isn't a pitty to see him leave. The fact is though he should learn to let shit go. My god you know how many times Charles and I have gotten into it. The reason I am still here is because we both let it slide off our backs like water off a ducks and move onto the next arguement.

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    04-20-2009, 02:13 PM #44

Rebuttal

All - I have attempted to stay silent. I have always valued your opinions - every one of you. I feel the need now to explain some things that have been misconstrued by those that feel the need to confuse the issue.

Charles/Tyler - All apologies for any perception of untoward behavior. At the time I built our new site - I had NO OTHER WAY to contact many of the people whose wisdom and insight I valued. That said - I will never again use the PM system here as I have seen it was misinterpreted for what it really was - an attempt to maintain contact with my friends and invite them to my new home.

Selection of posters: Complete HorseS#it. The forum we run is completely open. I have made that perfectly clear. Anyone saying differently is writing fiction.

John/Homer/All of you - You will ALWAYS be welcome at any location I post. I don't care what transpires or what arguments we have - that is a fact. You are each recognized for your expertise and ability to see beyond the BS. I hope you do now.

I even saw some criticism on the site. I say this: I built it myself manually over the course of a week. How long did it take SB to get to it's current state? Overnight? I think not.

I hope those of you with some common sense can accept my apology and see that I am offering an olive branch. I hope we can continue to remember we are all on the same side - as supporters of Sirius XM Radio - REGARDLESS of where the hell we post.

Thanks for those of you that supported my decision. For those that don't - I understand and value your opinions regardless.

Good luck to all in your investments.

Rick

Guru
    04-20-2009, 02:20 PM #45
    yeah im not holding a grudge, u wont see me over there much though cause its too hard to keep up with 2 sites haha

Mentor
    04-20-2009, 02:49 PM #46
    Selection of posters: Complete HorseS#it. The forum we run is completely open. I have made that perfectly clear. Anyone saying differently is writing fiction.

hey tripps , when is your next book coming out? LMFAO

brandon "FLIPFLOP" mathews posted a new thread this morning , talking shlt about SB..it has been pulled. WHY was it pulled? censorship? or just overreacting? hmmmm, he could have changed the title of his controversial post here , but he claimed censorship and left like a little bltch.

i think im gonna start a new thread hope the mods would make it a sticky..and post all the flip flops he does in a day...yesterday it was the movie, he was all giddy and hyping it up. then realized he may have made a mistake. --he was also crying that he didnt get the first promo oppurtunity on the movie and slammed SB (said something like go sell your dvd's ,LOL).. he also called for the stock to hit .70 today, HMMMMMM , how many of his die hard followers heeded his advice and decided to hold and wait for .70 instead of sell around the .60's?????????

paratrooper rick -- ARE YOU SAYING TRIPPS made up that private message????? and yeah it took you a week, cause you COPIED the whole format from SIRIUS BUZZ...intrady thread, weekend thread, off topic thread, LOLOLOL..

Guru
    04-20-2009, 03:00 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post

paratrooper rick -- ARE YOU SAYING TRIPPS made up that private message????? and yeah it took you a week, cause you COPIED the whole format from SIRIUS BUZZ...intrady thread, weekend thread, off topic thread, LOLOLOL..

No what he was saying was sorry for doing it the way he did in going through the private messages. I do see his point in the fact he may have been just trying to get others to realize that Satwaves has changed alot and many others were there. Now while people may think it was wrong I really dont think anything he did was to bad "alls fare in love and war". As to the site it is one thing to take the ideas of others and another to put them into action.

Heres an example of "alls fare in love and war". XMSR and SIRI were screwing each other all the time and depending on which you were invested most heavy in you cheered the screwing of the other and pissing on the being screwed by the other.
    Last edited by john; 04-20-2009 at 03:05 PM.

Mentor
    04-20-2009, 03:05 PM #48
    My feelings were a little hurt that I didn't receive a PM and wasn't recruited for the new site. I didn't even know about the new forum over there until recently. Why was Tripping recruited and get a PM and not me? I didn't want to say anything, but I was a little jealous of Tripping and my feelings were hurt...

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    04-20-2009, 03:12 PM #49
    Demian - I was hoping to contact each person here I considered an ally/friend - but with the horseS#it rumors about WHY I was doing it I decided to stop at the exact point I was at. It was apparent to me that no matter what I did to try and maintain contact with you guys - it could be misinterpreted. I do miss several of you and wish it had not gone down this way. Either way - I'm trying to do what I feel is right. I am always open to suggestion/debate. Many of us can see beyond the profanity/stupidity as I alluded before.

I would post my email here - but my current thought is that it would be a terrible idea. If ANY of you want to hear my exact thoughts - I will not mince words or BS - I will give you exactly the truth. I hope many of you visit from time to time or contact me directly.

Charles/Tyler can contact me directly if they have any concerns... I've said my piece.

Mentor
    04-20-2009, 03:16 PM #50
    i agree john , alls fair in love and war....i meant to criticize --"We're also trying to be selective on the primary posters... I know you're one of the long time residents over here..." VS. "Selection of posters: Complete HorseS#it. The forum we run is completely open. I have made that perfectly clear. Anyone saying differently is writing fiction."

OK John, which one is the truth.

the main reason im PISSED OFF. there are now 2 sites which i check for info from particular posters..NOT BRANDON OR RICK , just a couple of others..although i will still enjoy a majority of brandons articles, his posts are still annoying(especially when he's just gloating or crying). there are a shitload of posts talking about money , donations, revenue from the dvd, products for sale...i mean did he intentionally leave this site to make more money on his own seeing how popular this forum is?? i think thats a better reason than censorship.

Page 5 of 23 ... 3456715 ...