Page 4 of 23 ... 2345614 ...
    04-19-2009, 10:58 PM #31
    what s the website in question here? or can it be said? pm me? I'm lost.

Enthusiast
    04-19-2009, 11:01 PM #32
    Brandon is running a site on his own now, www.satwaves.com

04-19-2009, 11:54 PM #33
    Thank you, looks like another good place to learn things! I love this stock someday in like 10 years ill be wealthy.

Guru
    04-20-2009, 02:09 AM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    Wow, that verbiage speaks volumes to me... "selective on the primary posters"? Really? To me, that means, they only want those who are going to post and comment in the way they want them to. People like me, who challenge popular positions are unwelcome...

C'est la vie. You get what you pay for... Guess I'll be happy posting here all by myself...

------------

Well homer I hate to disappoint you but I was asked to and we all know I post the way I think it needs to be posted. I know Charles was worried about my leaving. So Charles please, you dont need to ask me to stay.

To be honest, I cant believe Charles didn't PM me to ask me, when I was moving to the other site.

Guru
    04-20-2009, 02:28 AM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by doobz26 View Post
    Well.. now that Brandon's gone.. other than Savery's articles, you get fascinating pieces like "Sirius XM covers the NHL playoffs" or "Jimmy Buffet live concert on Sirius XM." That is not going to keep people tuned into Sirius Buzz. Like him or not... Brandon always had an opinion and sparked discussion... I don't see that happening much anymore.

doobz26, I know you have been here a while and how you can say that is unbelievible. Now while I know Tyler seemed to be missing for a while and they had Brandon writing alot of the articles, come on now. You know full well Tyler has been responsible for the bulk of the articles. To be honest I dont want to read articles just for sake of reading them. While Brandon has had some insightful articles there also have been some really bad ones that just should have not been written (Bankruptcy after the Malone deal (made on a boiler plate statement), 2 million sub loss in 2009). I dont know how many times I have to say this, THE WRONG INFORMATION GETS YOU NOTHING BUT LOST. Then again, I guess you would go back to the same person that gave you the wrong directions to someplace and ask them, now how do you get there again? That does not mean he doesn't know how to get somewhere else just at this time not the place your looking for

Head Honcho
    04-20-2009, 02:34 AM #36

Homer

Homer.....

Thank you for the words of support, and spelling out the situation that we were placed in.

Others......Writers here have NEVER been censored or told that subjects were off limits. There has been instruction that with regard to all subject matter that writers be responsible in what they pen, and that they not put the site in danger of a suit. I had no problem with someone writing about Hartlieb. I have written about him myself. These events do not mean I agree with Hartlieb. There are many things that Hartlieb and I disagree on. We simply disagree in such a way as to not slander the other.

Regarding recruiting efforts that were happening here. It appears that the efforts have substantially stopped. It was an effort that I disagreed with, and perhaps those that were doing it have reconsidered and thought about what they were doing. For that I am grateful.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    04-20-2009, 04:35 AM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    doobz26, I know you have been here a while and how you can say that is unbelievible. Now while I know Tyler seemed to be missing for a while and they had Brandon writing alot of the articles, come on now. You know full well Tyler has been responsible for the bulk of the articles. To be honest I dont want to read articles just for sake of reading them. While Brandon has had some insightful articles there also have been some really bad ones that just should have not been written (Bankruptcy after the Malone deal (made on a boiler plate statement), 2 million sub loss in 2009). I dont know how many times I have to say this, THE WRONG INFORMATION GETS YOU NOTHING BUT LOST. Then again, I guess you would go back to the same person that gave you the wrong directions to someplace and ask them, now how do you get there again? That does not mean he doesn't know how to get somewhere else just at this time not the place your looking for
    John, Im sure the only reason they didnt contact Homer is because they know he will go where he wants, regardless of anyones attempts. Plus Homer is loyal to this site, and I think they know that. Para Rick probably has thought better than to PM people now, as it is not very classy, and has decided that Tyler is right on this issue, as he is, as it is very classless to recruit people from one site to another. Get them their on your own merits. Ive been reading both posts intraday, and the faster, trading information comes in from that site right now. But for overall information, day in and day out, Homer, John, Newman, Demian, and a few others here really go over the nuts and bolts like no others. I would hope we could all be on one site, but thats not going to happen. I think there are two types of personalities being discovered, where one person may prefer the one site to the other. Maybe Brandon and Tyler and Charles can make up at some point.
    Tyler, I am also in business, and I completely understand your points about not wanting to go through the hassle of defending yourself against a lawsuit. But if (alleged victim) is willing to sue this site over what Brandon wrote, then you know (alleged victim)'s character. Period. Ive learned in life dont associate with people who would cross certain legal points with you, when looking a man in the eye solves the problem as easily as a courtroom. What would be his motivation to sue? To get money. To repair his reputation as being a greedy lawsuit happy whiner? No, that would just enforce it. So it must be the money. This entire episode has eroded ANY credibility he had previously, and I feel sick to my stomach to have ever supported his cause(if only for brief periods of insanity).
    Im against any and all causes that hurt my stock price. Period. I dont care if Santa Clause is sueing SiriuxXM for hitting a repeater with his reindeer. If Santa sues SiriusXM, I am against Santa Clause.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 04-20-2009 at 04:52 AM.

Mentor
    04-20-2009, 06:00 AM #38
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    Wow, that verbiage speaks volumes to me... "selective on the primary posters"? Really? To me, that means, they only want those who are going to post and comment in the way they want them to. People like me, who challenge popular positions are unwelcome...

C'est la vie. You get what you pay for... Guess I'll be happy posting here all by myself...

------------
    Exactly Homer,you won't be posting by yourself here that is for sure..guess 'im not a primary poster here either,as was not invited by PM,but that is ok , wouldn't go there with all the Censorship rules they have anyway.

Mentor
    04-20-2009, 06:03 AM #39
    Well homer I hate to disappoint you but I was asked to and we all know I post the way I think it needs to be posted. I know Charles was worried about my leaving. So Charles please, you dont need to ask me to stay.

To be honest, I cant believe Charles didn't PM me to ask me, when I was moving to the other site.
    You see the irony John,they knew Homer wouldn't leave the site so they went to the second in line validator of all things SiriusXM,unless homer changed his mind!!!

Enthusiast
    04-20-2009, 11:48 AM #40
    ......Then again, I guess you would go back to the same person that gave you the wrong directions to someplace and ask them, now how do you get there again? ......

No.. I am not that guy. I am the guy who refuses to stop and ask for directions.

As far as Tyler vs. Brandon... Tyler's articles are always factual and well thought out. I've always enjoyed them.. almost every single one. I don't ever see him take a stand any anything or go out on a limb.... and that is fine. Seems to be the kind of guy he is. Brandon's articles on the other hand seem like they were written kind of spur of the moment. He almost always made predictions and took a stand on issues. He certainly was wrong in some of the cases... and there were articles of his that i did not like at all. But I still think he was valuable to this site and this whole ordeal is just stupid, and the site is less interesting because of it.

Page 4 of 23 ... 2345614 ...