Page 22 of 23 ... 1220212223
    Mentor
    05-04-2009, 08:49 PM #211
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    this freedom thread is officially: EPIC LEGEND!!!
    That is the difference between te 2 sites IMO,good honest dragged out debate is healthy and keeps anger from building up inside till it spills out in flame wars...i'll take the politically incorrect site any day of the week over the politically correct one..Bill Maher fan as you can see..

05-04-2009, 09:30 PM #212
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    Let me put it this way....

"Principals" (people employed by a site) have a different responsibilty than readers. IMO that responsibility includes loyalty and actions that will not damage a site. As a principal at SiriusBuzz, I do not post messages on Orbitcast, satwaves, XM411, etc. I feel it would not be approprtiate for "Tsavery" to have comments on those sites.
    In all honesty, I side with no one, and have been loyal to no one on these sites.... so, in that you are correct Tyler the responsibilities are different between "Principals". In saying that though, I feel that you have been lacking in your own stewardship of those "Principal" relationships... In businesses that I work, contribute, and draw a paycheck from, regardless of the % of ownership, my NO COMPETE CLAUSE, was alway well drawn out.... Seems like the lack of that, has your readership listening to all this....... JMHO.....

05-04-2009, 09:39 PM #213
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    It was more then loyalty, it was trust. I specifically wrote and reached out to Newman about him working with Brandon and let him know that I didn't feel comfortable talking business with someone who could take that information and use it for a separate endeavor (competition). This was the only point I made in the email to him, it was short and sweet and he replied with something along the lines of, I am not working with them and I am on board with you guys 100%. I then began to open up to him again, setup a deal with him to throw him a couple of bucks, got him posting (and his posts approved in a matter of hours... not weeks) only to have him working with satwaves all along. Those are the facts, I am doing everything I can to leave emotion and my personal thoughts out of it.

I would rather not talk about anyof this nonsense but, I have to set the record straight.
    A "NO COMPETE CLAUSE" would have at least put into words, on paper, between the parties, what recourse would be taken if a violation of trust and loyalty should occur.... like investing in Sirius and Xm, these are hard lessons learned, that should not play out here in your forums... IMO

Head Honcho
    05-04-2009, 09:58 PM #214
    Two things.

1. This website isn't the kind of thing that brings in so much money that we need a no compete clause NOR do we "employ" anyone. We were a couple of guys trying to move forward with a plan for the future, maybe that meant a more structured formal arrangement in the future but, at this point there wasn't one. Which is why I am not concerned about what happened. I am not mad about the business aspect, just the personal aspect.

2. I am familiar with the "no compete" as I have signed on myself and for the record, they are damn near unenforceable. We just fought one last year and won. They are particularly hard to enforce in Mass, not sure if that is the case in other states... just figured I would share an interesting FYI.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-04-2009, 10:00 PM #215
    Looks like we get our own section on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-com..._Massachusetts
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-07-2009, 04:03 PM #216
    ROFL @ BRANDONS NEW ARTICLE.........i was right about the 2mill sub loss!!!!

Head Honcho
    05-08-2009, 01:11 AM #217
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    That is the difference between te 2 sites IMO,good honest dragged out debate is healthy and keeps anger from building up inside till it spills out in flame wars...i'll take the politically incorrect site any day of the week over the politically correct one..Bill Maher fan as you can see..
    JohnnyIrish.....

LOL....I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult. Are you saying we are politically incorrect?

What may be shocking is that there is a lot that was not even aired out! There was a whole set of allegations recently that I will not respond to other than to say that the site pays the participants when revenue for a given month is finalized. Without that finalization, we have no way to know what to pay out.

It is my hope that the issue can die out. There are indeed differences in the sites. Differences on how to conduct business, how to research issues, how to market, and how to structure things. I take it as a compliment that much of the structure and/or ideas here was used again.

Over the years I have built relationships with many contacts in this and associated industries. These relationships allow this site to give readers up to date information and opinions that are backed up and bear out. We are not always right, but we typically do not miss by very much.

I am sure there are many "triple participants"... People who read this SiriusBuzz, Orbitcast, and Satwaves. I think that is wonderful. In time people will find things they like and dislike about each site. People will develop a trust in the information from one site over another. People will determine the value of posts in the forums of a site. That is what makes the internet great.

Cheers
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Enthusiast
    05-09-2009, 11:51 AM #218
    Quote Originally Posted by tsavery View Post
    johnnyirish.....

Lol....i don't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult. Are you saying we are politically incorrect?

What may be shocking is that there is a lot that was not even aired out! There was a whole set of allegations recently that i will not respond to other than to say that the site pays the participants when revenue for a given month is finalized. Without that finalization, we have no way to know what to pay out.

It is my hope that the issue can die out. There are indeed differences in the sites. Differences on how to conduct business, how to research issues, how to market, and how to structure things. I take it as a compliment that much of the structure and/or ideas here was used again.

Over the years i have built relationships with many contacts in this and associated industries. These relationships allow this site to give readers up to date information and opinions that are backed up and bear out. We are not always right, but we typically do not miss by very much.

I am sure there are many "triple participants"... People who read this siriusbuzz, orbitcast, and satwaves. I think that is wonderful. In time people will find things they like and dislike about each site. People will develop a trust in the information from one site over another. People will determine the value of posts in the forums of a site. That is what makes the internet great.

Cheers
    --------------------------------------
    amen!

Head Honcho
    05-10-2009, 12:12 AM #219
    The epic thread that will not die.

While I hate to continue this, there is yet another issue to give clarity to. Hopefully this will be the last.

Brandon Matthews stated, "Post deleted. I could not care less what Tyler has to say. Those pieces of crap owe me money and have done nothing but attempt to discredit me since I left. They are spiteful losers. Answering them is akin to answering a yahoo poster in my opinion.

I don't see the thieving bastard writing about Motley Fool articles. He's desperate to draw attention to his site. I would no sooner answer them than the motley fool. Both are just as useless in my opinion."

Let's deal with these one at a time:

1. "I could not care less what Tyler has to say." - Quite fine. Personally, I view the opinions of many writers and people as it helps me see the range of opinion that is out there.

2. "Those pieces of crap owe me money" - Sirius Buzz does owe Brandon money. In fact, Sirius Buzz also owes me money. You see, we have advertisers that are NET 60. This means it takes 60 days to settle out the account, and for SB to get paid. Until we know what the final tally is for the month, we can not pay anyone. Further, we have to first pay out other commitments before we know what is left to divide into shares. One of those payments was to our former moderator who went to satwaves. After a few conversations and emails asking that person what they felt they were owed (I did not want to have a debate about the amount), I got the answer from that person today, May 9th. With this in hand, we are expediting payment to the former moderator ASAP because his monies would come off of the top anyway. Brandon will get paid for his last month at the EXACT SAME TIME I get paid. The NET 60 was explained to him several times, but apparently he does not believe it. I would gladly show my PAYPAL account to an independent party. To be clear, the former moderator handled the money situation in a first class manner. He knew he would get his payment, and was never worried about it at all. I think, if allowed, he would be the first to tell you this.

3. "have done nothing but attempt to discredit me since I left." - I had conversations with two individuals who participated at SiriusBuzz which were torn on which way to go. I outlined the concerns I had (much of which these parties also had the same concerns), and gave some advice as to the risks/rewards of partnering into a site. I did not state that I wanted to bring down the site, nor that I would contact anyone to open any investigations. I did state that it is something that a partner in a site needs to be aware of, and that if you partner with someone who has made enemies (not with me mind you) with others who watch actions like a hawk, that it could brew trouble. I made it perfectly clear that I was not initiating anything at all. These individuals wanted to own a piece of something. I can't say I blame them for their decisions. I may not agree with their decisions, but who am I to hold someone back? Ownership was something Charles and I were not going to give up, especially considering what happened. I respect their decisions.

If discrediting means correcting the record on whether or not Liberty owned their shares, then call me someone who discredits. The Liberty shares represent a 40% stake in the company. That is a huge deal. Having readers think those shares can come back to Sirius was a huge mistake. Sorry for be blunt here, but that is what it is. If pointing out that there was no way that the company will have positive subscribers is discrediting him, then so be it. Most everyone knew that the subs would be negative. There were some that thought I was crazy projecting a drop of 484,000. I was not trying to discredit with this. It is no secret that Brandon was here, and I encourage people to read his site and his opinion. It does not take a satellite engineer ( pun intended) to figure out that SB readers would also be reading his site. Those readers would ask me, "is that accurate?", "can we reverse the liberty deal?", "do you think we really can have positive subs?". I got enough of these responses, that clarification was needed.

4. "They are spiteful losers." - Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

5. "Answering them is akin to answering a yahoo poster in my opinion." - My Yahoo handle is Doberman007. You will see that my posting on Yahoo is a rare event. I have posted there in the past, but made it a point to never link back to my site or even speak of it. If asked, I would state fully that I have the site. I will not give out Brandon's Yahoo ID here, if someone cares enough, they can track it down. Needless to say, he answers poster on Yahoo (only stating the fact, and not judging).

6. "I don't see the thieving bastard writing about Motley Fool articles." - Research is an important thing. I have countered Motley Fool articles in the past. You can search right on this site or at www.satellitestandard.blogspot.com and verify that for yourselves. I am not trying to discredit here....simply stating the fact.

7. "He's desperate to draw attention to his site." - Traffic is the same as it has been. If I was desperate to draw attention to my site, I would be on the yahoo message boards posting links to my articles. I don't do that.

8. "I would no sooner answer them than the motley fool." - So I am supposed to write rebuttals to Motley Fool, but he is not. Sorry, but having an opinion on both sides of the fence is the same as not having an opinion.

9. "Both (SiriusBuzz and Motley Fool) are just as useless in my opinion." - You have a right to your opinion. I will let the articles of this site speak for themselves, and stack them against any other article from any other site any time.

So, with that explanation, I hope the clarity is out there, and this issue and this "EPIC Thread" can be put to rest.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    05-10-2009, 12:52 AM #220
    Sorry Tyler,i'm nosy and have to ask since both brought it up.
    are we talking thousands here or Hundreds?
    Because if this is over some $300 payment not made,then it is childish and crazy to even talk about.
    But if it is $thousands then can understand a little i guess...
    But it is funny that he cited Censorship as reason for leaving and he just crossed the line in my book with deleting a perfectly reasoned post on a ligititment subject matter...

And if you ever go out on that limb with no info i'll call you on it too.
    Or as john would say "off the reservation"...
    Great article BTW,explained alot i didn't know about how subs are counted.
    Promo's anyway..