Page 18 of 23 ... 81617181920 ...
    04-23-2009, 05:26 PM #171
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    Funny.... now that the mandatory waiting period under the HSR Act has ended, Liberty wasted no time converting their 11.5MM shares of B-2 Preferred into B-1 Preferred. Now Liberty is sitting on the full 40% and all those seats on the BOD.

Doesn't look like a company about to "sell" the shares back to Sirius. I wonder how Brandon is feeling today?

-------
    And they have voting rights at the Shareholder meeting too which is why I said all proxy issues are a done deal.... This to me is about as close to going private as one can get without any of the hassle.... The Liberty 40% position gives them complete control without any FCC, DOJ, or even common shareholder objection that they cannot easily overcome. They are truly in a most envious position.... and they get a good paycheck for it too on their loans... Ah to have cash when no one else does.....

From what I can read from what he says, he's already forgotten what he wrote...... LOL

04-23-2009, 05:31 PM #172
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Then why sell to Ergen if they felt they could make out on cheap shares. Cos, No one forced them to sell their bonds to Ergen. Whether Ergen created the low SP atmosphere for this purpose is not known, or relevant, lets just stick to the chart, as the chart was his point. Obviously looking at the chart at the time, and the market sentiment at the time, you take the cash. Sorry cos1000, my point still remains valid.
    relmor my friend, your post must be to someone else (for the second time today) and not me..... I haven't got a clue about what your talking about.... but, glad your thinking about me.....

Guru
    04-23-2009, 05:42 PM #173
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post

From what I can read from what he says, he's already forgotten what he wrote...... LOL

That is the problem with Brandon. That is what enables him to right the next dumb ass article, so fast after the last one. He forgets so fast that he does not learn his lesson and just jumps before he looks (does his FULL research). It does not help that over at Satwaves it looks like he has mindless followers telling him "thats ok Brandon go ahead and do it again". I hate to say it but I am glad he is gone. I also was thinking about signing up over there also but I now find it would most likely be a waste of time. There are not enough common sense people over there to keep that moron in check.

Guru
    04-23-2009, 05:44 PM #174
    relmor my friend, your post must be to someone else (for the second time today) and not me..... I haven't got a clue about what your talking about.... but, glad your thinking about me.....

I believe he is thinking about you to much. I would think about a restraining order.

04-23-2009, 06:01 PM #175
    John, that's too funny but,.... I have contacted my lawyer......

Mentor
    04-23-2009, 06:08 PM #176
    In all sincerity, why assume that Liberty would convert? All of the discussion is to show that by maintaining their 40% ownership, represented by the 12.5K Preferred Shares, that their Common share conversion is protected from dilution so long as they maintain their Preferred share, 40% position.... My God what a great position to be in..... Also this discussion of the Proxy and the 1B being asked for is a joke.... Its already a done deal....
    ya, i agree they are protected from being dilluted. i came to the conclusion(not a hard one to figure out) the issuance will be done before any conversion. but regardless, whether they convert or not, the stock is dilluted with the liberty deal. i'm just trying to spark up a general discussion as to what you guys think would be a fair value of the PPS after using the new (1bb) shares to pay down some debt, and whether dilluting further is a good idea thats all. put your thinking caps on..ty..gl

Mentor
    04-23-2009, 06:38 PM #177
    I know, im sorry. It was to Irish not you.

Mentor
    04-23-2009, 06:43 PM #178
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    ya, i agree they are protected from being dilluted. i came to the conclusion(not a hard one to figure out) the issuance will be done before any conversion. but regardless, whether they convert or not, the stock is dilluted with the liberty deal. i'm just trying to spark up a general discussion as to what you guys think would be a fair value of the PPS after using the new (1bb) shares to pay down some debt, and whether dilluting further is a good idea thats all. put your thinking caps on..ty..gl
    They wont speculate, because they dont want to be wrong. I on the other hand dont mind one bit. Ill take a stab. If I were Sirius, and I knew I could pull of a decent Q1, then I would look to sell once .63 cents is held and stable. I would JUMP at the chance to take a huge amount of debt off the table at .50 cents a share. Of course thats my low ball figure, I bet they can get better, around .60-.65 cents a share would be great. As someone said earlier it wont be done in one lot, but 2, that sounds reasonable. They will pay off upcoming debt with the money. The stock will dilute 15% and the discount price will be under that at the current market close of that day. So if it closes around .80 cents, then I would issue the stock at that point, assuming their are takers. I would then crawl that sp back up to .80 cents again, and sell the other shares. HEHEHE....
    THen I would R/S after a few months pass. Around 6 months later I would dilute again. Im thinking like Mel now, remember...
    IMVHO.

Mentor
    04-23-2009, 07:33 PM #179
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I know, im sorry. It was to Irish not you.
    What did i do,now i have to get lawyer and restraining order too...

But Relmor,it is not a big assumption ,they asked for 4 billion shares at the dec.emergency meeting,which means discussions were going on at least in Sept or Oct,possible don't you think..what saying is probably a combo of cash ,shares and extension of debt was going on..they had already done 113 mil of feb debt in jan..

Mentor
    04-23-2009, 07:39 PM #180
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    That is the problem with Brandon. That is what enables him to right the next dumb ass article, so fast after the last one. He forgets so fast that he does not learn his lesson and just jumps before he looks (does his FULL research). It does not help that over at Satwaves it looks like he has mindless followers telling him "thats ok Brandon go ahead and do it again". I hate to say it but I am glad he is gone. I also was thinking about signing up over there also but I now find it would most likely be a waste of time. There are not enough common sense people over there to keep that moron in check.
    That is his modus operandi(sic),which is ok if you are a poster,but not a blogger or writer or whatever they are calling themselves today..with me it's not a personal attack on him,just he and others complain about every negative bogus conspiracy laden story passed around and then they want to find where it came from and attack them..Well we know where these bogus positive slanting or negative bk scare stories are coming from..it is dangerous,
    disengenuous and plain wrong,and i'll battle it till it is fixed..

Page 18 of 23 ... 81617181920 ...