Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    04-17-2009, 06:36 PM #1

Help!

Alright guys and Julie,

One last try... If you want one more sub added to Q2 help me please!!!

I have a US address, I live in Victoria BC. I want Sirius XM not just sirius canada. If I call the number on the sirius xm site it just routes me to sirius canada.

If ANYONE has any ideas it would be much appreciated! Otherwise looks like Sirius Canada is getting a Sub.

Banned
    04-17-2009, 07:32 PM #2
    Why not just sign up online? That's what I did. They wil send a signal to your radio when you activate it. You can even resend the signal from the website.

http://www.sirius.com

Guru
    04-17-2009, 07:35 PM #3
    u need a us address

Addict
    04-17-2009, 08:22 PM #4
    I have a US address! Thanks JMM I am going to try that!

04-17-2009, 08:47 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Alright guys and Julie,

One last try... If you want one more sub added to Q2 help me please!!!

I have a US address, I live in Victoria BC. I want Sirius XM not just sirius canada. If I call the number on the sirius xm site it just routes me to sirius canada.

If ANYONE has any ideas it would be much appreciated! Otherwise looks like Sirius Canada is getting a Sub.
    What's the basic difference between canadian Sirius and US Sirius?
    Different format? Please enlighten me.
    Thanks for including me in your question, that was nice.

Julie

Addict
    04-17-2009, 11:42 PM #6
    I am not exactly sure between the two. I just want best of both ! Also to directly support the company I am invested in!!!

04-18-2009, 12:06 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    I am not exactly sure between the two. I just want best of both ! Also to directly support the company I am invested in!!!
    Just out of curiosity, it's 12:05am here, whats the time in Canada?
    Julie

Addict
    04-18-2009, 01:18 AM #8
    When you posted that, it was 9:05pm pacific time, goodnight Julie! Off to sell some cars tomorrow and enjoy the gains of today!!!

Guru
    04-18-2009, 01:30 AM #9
    Well there is at least 15% or was it 10% (I am getting old and it was so long ago they made that deal.) that has to be different and supplied by Canadians. That was part of the agreement they made to get SIRI inside Canada.

P.S. yes as long as you have a USA billing address then it should be as simple as before. That is after all the reason the Canadian government allowed SIRI and XMSR to get the deal they got. They wanted a piece of the pie and the way things were going (Canadians with American billing addresses were getting the services) they could not get it.
    Last edited by john; 04-18-2009 at 01:35 AM.

Enthusiast
    04-18-2009, 03:11 AM #10
    check out digitalhomecanada.com and look for gray market info, listed under radio then click satellite. in the past certain devices if activated for use in canada could not receive around four channels.185-189 not sure if this is any longer true.but worth checking into prior to acting.also in the past it was a "simple billing address only as john mentioned".