Page 5 of 15 ... 34567 ...
    Guru
    04-16-2009, 12:11 PM #41
    tickle tickle .40 coochi coo , now punch it

Enthusiast
    04-16-2009, 12:13 PM #42
    I have a question... if you set a regular limit order to buy or sell, can it be filled during pre-market or after-hours? Or is that a separate type of transaction? Basically, will unfilled orders from regular business hours be up for grabs during PM/AH by other people? Thanks.

Guru
    04-16-2009, 12:13 PM #43
    haha .40 has taken alot of shots to the face but its still standing, we'll get em though

Mentor
    04-16-2009, 12:21 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius_Long_Hauler View Post
    I have a question... if you set a regular limit order to buy or sell, can it be filled during pre-market or after-hours? Or is that a separate type of transaction? Basically, will unfilled orders from regular business hours be up for grabs during PM/AH by other people? Thanks.
    No,it is 2 seperate orders needed,daily market orders end at 4pm..would need to put one in After hours,which expire that evening...hope this helps

Mentor
    04-16-2009, 12:25 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    You guys like that millions shares ISEG throws in and out at .40? I love it!!! Almost threw my computer this morning when the ask was below the bid, and held it there until it worked. Should have opened above .39 today. Never should have even been in the .38's. Must break .40 by Friday, or a test to .34(probably fail at .36) would be open again.
    Hey Relmor,yes i saw that...looks like we are clearing out profit takers from St.Pats day at .38 to .41 range,agree? then it shouldn't see resistence until
    .52 i think...
    How do you like other site,satwaves?

Enthusiast
    04-16-2009, 12:27 PM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    No,it is 2 seperate orders needed,daily market orders end at 4pm..would need to put one in After hours,which expire that evening...hope this helps
    Well, it depends where you trade, I guess.

I use TD Ameritrade. There you can put in an order : Day + ext. This way you can be partially filled during regular hours and the rest filled in after or pre- mkt. Or some or all filled in pre or after mkt, or any combination.

Guru
    04-16-2009, 12:30 PM #47
    .40 is down

04-16-2009, 12:34 PM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I know we have talked about this before, but I would like to mention this again(cos1000 and sl62 were using this strategy on the way down(as well as me to good success)). You should have a core position that you have a price target set to sell at. You wont sell until this target is met. You also have a position outside your core(never more than double your core) that you "play with". I use around 15000 or 20k shares. These are used for buying and selling. Currently I am trading this block purchased at .37 cents. Looking to sell them aroud .45 cents to .50 cents(depending on movement and the run it has). I would then look to rebuy these shares lower. If it doesnt happen(ever), then you still have your core, and thats fine with you. But you must get at least .5 cents out of these shares to really make it possible for you to have a chance(good chance) to buy lower. If you miss one range however, doesnt mean you dont ever buy these shares back, even if it doesnt go lower than where you sold them. You just want to make sure you buy them on a significant retrace(over .05 cents back down).
    (On the way down however, due to market action, I was taking 2 cent gains.) No longer. Ranges are not as tight as they were the way down. We all know what it was like trying to book a .10 cent gain before it bottomed(impossible).

I appreciate your advice and i understand what you are saying. Problem with me though is that i am a gun slinger when it comes to trading. Im usually all or nothing and i trade on emotion which sometimes can be very good or very bad.Im itching to sell right now but i don't won't to miss the pop

Mentor
    04-16-2009, 12:35 PM #49
    here we go,.40 is down and bids are raised up to .40,next stop .41 and beyond....

04-16-2009, 12:38 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Ameritrade has an option that allows the order to continue into aftermarket.

Page 5 of 15 ... 34567 ...